Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So what answer exactly do you expect from a fan forum?
    I can't speak for OPs motives or have ever been banned by Blizzard but players should post this everywhere.

Companies do ban players for no reason and often don't wanna do anything about it, so negative publicity like this, if it gets out of hands will force them to rectify this or at the very least provide proof aside from the usual "out detection systems are perfect and can do no wrong" bs.

Or at the very least, if the ban was issued wrongly and posts like this discourage even 1 person from buying the game... a small measure of revenge.

I've heard the "I got banned 4 no raisins!!!1!1!!!" bit more than a few times already,it always turned out to be nonsense.

I can't talk for that one just yet,but I'm sure you can understand why people are skeptical

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    That's... expected.

It's folks down as far as raid loggers who don't bother with anything else. There's guys in guild not been logged for... 3 weeks been hit with it.
    Bans don't go out instantly, they are tallied for a while then done in a Wave. The guy not logged on in 3 weeks may have done something banworthy 3 months ago and is finally getting hit by the wave.

If it is as widespread as you say, high chance they were all doing shit wrong.

There's a button on the admin tool at Blizzard with the label "Ban some random people for no fucking reason". The button is for testing only and shouldn't usually be used in the real environment, but it seems that a new employee didn't pay enough attention in training (probably for not being payed enough). The ban should be reverted in about 23768 days, sometimes at noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Can you show me how you multibox 40 characters without input broadcasting software? I'm really interested in this. Heck, even 3 Characters without using software is a complete pain in the ass and not worth the hassle.
    the term multiboxing is much more simple than you seem to think. multiboxing has literally NOTHING to do with software. if you log into more than one account at once and one of them is afk, you are dual/multiboxing. this is not against the rules. automation software is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    the term multiboxing is much more simple than you seem to think. multiboxing has literally NOTHING to do with software. if you log into more than one account at once and one of them is afk, you are dual/multiboxing. this is not against the rules. automation software is.
    The issue is that most people refer to multiboxers as the 5 elemental shamans running around popping people, or the ones who farm Scholo with 4-5 mages. Those people are using automation software.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to guess, I'd say this was for people using summon alts behind AQ to keep their world buffs. It's not "random" if most people in a single guild go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Maybe some multiboxers didn't quite get the memo?
    Botting isn't multiboxing, like trying to talk to a flat earther

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The issue is that most people refer to multiboxers as the 5 elemental shamans running around popping people, or the ones who farm Scholo with 4-5 mages. Those people are using automation software.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to guess, I'd say this was for people using summon alts behind AQ to keep their world buffs. It's not "random" if most people in a single guild go down.
    We summon people on top of AQ40 gate, on BWL roof, out of bounds areas for wcb, inside of trees for songflowers, nobody banned.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    We summon people on top of AQ40 gate, on BWL roof, out of bounds areas for wcb, inside of trees for songflowers, nobody banned.
    My guild does the same, but it was one thing that I thought could be the issue. If it's heavier for specific guilds, then it seems likely it was something the guild was doing as a whole. The AQ40 summon spots seems the most likely, and maybe just happened to be witnessed by GMs at a specific time.

I mean, I could be completely wrong, but that just seemed like my first impression.

Yeah I saw it this morning too, a lot of players got wrongfully banned to then get their bans overturned.

Seems like Blizzard have problems with either their CS their Warden or both.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Erm... so Blizzard just randomly banned hundreds of people from lots of different servers/guilds in a very... "oooops!" looking ban-wave.

It's not at all clear what the rule break is meant to be about.

There's folks not logged in... at least a couple of weeks seeing the same.

Anyone know what gives?

The ban is until 26/11. At the login screen though the ban is reported as being 18561 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes. This... *looks* like a bug?

Bans are currently definitely hitting WoW Classic EU on a good few servers.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=319...tation-related

At this point I'm going with guilty until proven innocent. Blizzard needs to be a lot harsher about bans in general.

seems it was indeed an error, possibly a false flag, as the banns are being overturned.

Yes, most of us got that, but no one who speaks about multiboxer means people that do what you just described - literally no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    seems it was indeed an error, possibly a false flag, as the banns are being overturned.
    Yeah like I stated a bit further up, but people are eager and triggerhappy to toss judgement in Blizzards favor as usual.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's completely possible without software. We did it without software in previous games. Is it as convenient? Nope. Are you going to notice any changes in multiboxing? Doubtful. You might have a couple of weeks at most where people are adapting to not having the software.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's completely possible without software. We did it without software in previous games. Is it as convenient? Nope. Are you going to notice any changes in multiboxing? Doubtful. You might have a couple of weeks at most where people are adapting to not having the software.
    It's going to be different, Are you going to have multiple windows opened across multiple monitors, and clicking as fast as possible? Sure, putting the "main" on follow is easy enough, but only so much can be done with macros. If it requires a button press per account, which is exactly the way this seems, then multiboxers are going to have problems. How else are you going to cast 5 PoM pyros across 5 accounts all within a tenth of a second of each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Yeah like I stated a bit further up, but people are eager and triggerhappy to toss judgement in Blizzards favor as usual.
    In balance.... just so I don't come over as massively anti-Blizz. They sorted it in 2.5 hours on a Thursday night (I guess more like afternoon US time, still). That's a pretty speedy response.

The kiss-ass/bootlick "my precious Blizzard would never make a mistake like that, you must have done something wrong" folks need to have a sit and think about their blind loyalties/jaded view of things though.

It was a (pretty wide ranging) mistake. It happens, they fixed it fairly quickly. Take all that in balance and all's good.

As predicted, made news:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=319...elated?webhook
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2020-11-13 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Yes, most of us got that, but no one who speaks about multiboxer means people that do what you just described - literally no one.
    you apparently dont know what the word literally means.

you apparently dont know what the word literally means.
    you apparently don't know what people mean when they talk about multiboxer.