Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I agree that Turks in Europe are extremely politicized and polarized, thanks to Erdogan. However, everything people do not like these days is dismissed as "heavy nationalism". There are certain policies of Turkey that will not change even if an atheist was in charge. The way Macron handled post-murder would be criticized by Turkey regardless of the political alignment.

Furthermore, Turkey did not do damage to Europe in any shape or form yet gets all the shit. The hate Turkey gets in Europe is unjustified.
    I was not trying to generalize here, but i was indeed specifically speaking of that group that adore "The Gray Wolves" movement. I was fortunate enough to grow up within a fairly diverse community and so stereotypes never got a full hold over my judgement of others, mostly because i also was on the receiving end of it at times.

I also find it to be more a game of where two are involved, both taunt and challenge each other. Erdogan is no innocent in this, in actively campaigning here and turning local politicians into unfavourable characters to say it kindly especially if they have a kurd background. So often i find it is the the aggressor taking on the role of the victim when they experience pushback and i still find Erdogan wants this because political leaders like him need enemies to thrive especially when things aren't going great.

Sure things would never change and they don't have to, Islam is part of your culture but you do have to raise your eyebrows at some steps taken against a the secular state.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I was not trying to generalize here, but i was indeed specifically speaking of that group that adore "The Gray Wolves" movement. I was fortunate enough to grow up within a fairly diverse community and so stereotypes never got a full hold over my judgement of others, mostly because i also was on the receiving end of it at times.
    We also find a good portion of those type of movements cringe. The real grey wolves are not active anymore, most of what we have is bunch of thugs. Also do note that real nationalist party, MHP, who is related with Grey wolf kind of movements in Turkey can barely get 10%.

I also find it to be more a game of where two are involved, both taunt and challenge each other. Erdogan is no innocent in this, in actively campaigning here and turning local politicians into unfavourable characters to say it kindly especially if they have a kurd background. So often i find it is the the aggressor taking on the role of the victim when they experience pushback and i still find Erdogan wants this because political leaders like him need enemies to thrive especially when things aren't going great.
    Erdogan is an extremely toxic leader. He always talks shit. I will also give you that he's utilizing the reach of our state in Europe to politicize Turkish communities in there, to consolidate his position among diaspora voters while putting them in a shit position in their respective countries. However, even this doesn't justify the shit we get from Europe. To this day, Turkey tries to cooperate with EU. Maybe I am biased but I can't rationalize the position of Western press towards Turkey.

My point his, he does infinitely more damage to Turkey than he does to Europe.

Sure things would never change and they don't have to, Islam is part of your culture but you do have to raise your eyebrows at some steps taken against a the secular state.
    We did more than just raising an eyebrow but we can't force him out with force. He gets the votes and he makes environment extremely unfair for his opponents but the problem is, his voters are okay with it and therefore he can get away with it. He is likely to lose next elections though.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-11-15 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We also find a good portion of those type of movements cringe. The real grey wolves are not active anymore, most of what we have is bunch of thugs. Also do note that real nationalist party, MHP, who is related with Grey wolf kind of movements in Turkey can barely get 10%.

Erdogan is an extremely toxic leader. He always talks shit. I will also give you that he's utilizing the reach of our state in Europe to politicize Turkish communities in there, to consolidate his position among diaspora voters while putting them in a shit position in their respective countries. However, even this doesn't justify the shit we get from Europe. To this day, Turkey tries to cooperate with EU. Maybe I am biased but I can't rationalize the position of Western press towards Turkey.

My point his, he does infinitely more damage to Turkey than he does to Europe.

We did more than just raising an eyebrow but we can't force him out with force. He gets the votes and he makes environment extremely unfair for his opponents but the problem is, his voters are okay with it and therefore he can get away with it. He is likely to lose next elections though.
    In general here the negativity is more aimed at the Turkish government and it's leader than the actual country or people for how much you can separate one or the other. I guess it depends what you read exactly, i know international press can get a distorted view depending on where they are located what is a fairly common thing in Belgium due to the international press being located in Brussels and predominately french speaking.

If i have to think of actual examples of what we see here is the effort to raise Muslim schools in Europe, the refugee card as in he'll simply send them into Europe those are the only two big things i can think of. A few cases of social unrest but those are fairly minor. Another might be how well they are integrated but this is too easy to blame on one side as the closed of communities were formed in a response to how politics dealt with "guest workers".
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

"Give us X,Y, Z and D or else we release a wave of X million refugees to EU!"

What you call cooperation, many others call extortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is there something I should know about moviebob?

*EDIT*

Okay so I did some googling, you guys appear to be referencing some Twitter drama between him and Lindsay Ellis?

I never pay attention to Twitter drama. I am confident I can find better ways to waste my time.
    I'm speaking of his embrace of eugenics and other nut-bag shit, his recent getting thrashed recently is just funny, But his takes and opinions are absolutely atrocious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    "Give us X,Y, Z and D or else we release a wave of X million refugees to EU!"

What you call cooperation, many others call extortion.
    You shouldn't have helped USA destabilize the region in the first place then and frankly, those refugees, you should have already sheltering a good portion. Germany took lots of them in already. How many did France or UK take in? 30k?

You shouldn't have helped USA destabilize the region in the first place then and frankly, those refugees, you should have already sheltering a good portion. Germany took lots of them in already. How many did France or UK take in? 30k?
    France and the U.K. made the maps that screwed up the major part of it. The USA was giddy to help.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    France and the U.K. made the maps that screwed up the major part of it. The USA was giddy to help.
    Man, i am trying to remember who or what was this Empire that ruled that region prior to that. I wonder, do you consider them benevolent rulers?

This is an interesting set of problems, While the USA, France and Britain janked the region to death; I am unsure if the heirs of the Ottoman Empire get to make any critiques on that respect.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-11-15 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    While my country (Turkey) also contributed to the destruction of Syria. That infamous agreement is not that relevant when it comes to foreign-funded Sunni uprising in Syria. Turkey, Gulf states, USA and major EU powers basically destroyed Syria. Do not interpret what I am saying here as Assad is angel though.

Now, we are already paying the price of what we have done; 5 million refugees. USA is too far to be affected from this humanitarian nightmare. I can't understand the complaints I am hearing from the Europeans in here though. You do not want refugees? Don't mess with countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lol... are you serious? trying to cooperate with eu? "do as we want to or else..." isn't cooperating with...
    I have already addressed the refugee blackmailing thing. You shouldn't have said no to refugees in the first place, just like Germany. There is no other instance of "or else" from Turkey.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-11-15 at 06:46 PM.

we were one of the countries with the highest per capita reception... germany has lower than we do... germany at 3.10 vs our 14.66... so don't come with that bs "shouldn't have said no to refugees in the first place"...
    I specifically said UK and France dude. Chill the fuck out.

i don't live in uk or france... erdogans threats are among the things that has caused the nationalist party here to gain ground...
    So now we are responsible for rhetoric in your country?

you're giving them things to point at by issuing those threats...
    I can say the same for Europeans. There is a new threat of sanction everyday. Whatever shit EU says Erdogan exploits it.

lol... those are a response to erdagons policies and actions...
    What did he do to Europe? I just don't understand this. He did what exactly? He is only damaging Turkey, not Europe.

are you entirely unaware of what he's doing?
    Go a head, tell me.

Karabakh -> doesn't effect Europe

Turkey's struggle with PKK and PKK-aligned groups in Syria -> doesn't effect Europe

Lack of Freedom of Speech in Turkey -> doesn't effect Europe

Erdogan talking shit to Macron -> just that, trash talk but I admit it sours the relations. Still not a real damage

Two state solutions in Cyprus -> Hardly effects Europe but it's not like Turkey hasn't tried a single state solution

So again, what Erdogan is doing to Europe? Hardly anything.

erdogan doesn't have to do anything to europe to be disliked by the leaders or the people for his violations of peoples rights... north korea isn't doing anything to europe either... they still face sanctions ...
    Turkey cooperates with EU on almost anything, even today when relations are shit. Hyperbole is not an argument, give me a break.

it's a hyperbole he's violating peoples rights and that's why people don't like him? lol...
    Hate for Erdogan transforms to hate for Turkey. Turkey doesn't deserve the hate she gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why are these cartoons always so goddamn terrible? They look like they belong on r/boomerhentai, only worse somehow.
    So I scrolled until I got to "roast beef with a side of fries."

I'm fucking done with the internet for today . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Why am I not surprised you are defending the extortion strategy. I guess it's cultural differences. Here it's called extortion, even if you over there consider it good cooperation. You know, come to think of it, maybe EU should show more respect towards Turkey. Cooperate with them in the way Turkey culturally understands cooperation, which in EU terms would be extortion. Maybe in return Turkey could show EU the same respect, and cooperate with EU the way that EU sees cooperation culturally?

That way both get the cooperation they culturally see as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Oh wont something help the poor defenseless leader of a nation of 82 million, hes being beaten up by a mean powerful magazine.