Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Asia Pacific Nations Sign the World’s Biggest Trade Deal

We lost out on preventing Chinese global dominance for the next century cuz a bunch of online 16 year olds got their geriatric old saint to kill it.
    No, that other elderly populist saint!

The administration kneecapped the U.S. bargaining position, but will naturally blame the outcome on whichever future president tries to bring the United States into the bloc.

Asia Pacific Nations Sign the World’s Biggest Trade Deal
    After eight years of talks, China and 14 other nations from Japan to New Zealand to Myanmar on Sunday formally signed one of the world’s largest regional free trade agreements, a pact shaped by Beijing partly as a counterweight to American influence in the region.
    The agreement, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, or R.C.E.P., is limited in scope. Still, it carries considerable symbolic heft. The pact covers more of humanity — 2.2 billion people — than any previous regional free trade agreement and could help further cement China’s image as the dominant economic power in its neighborhood.
    It also comes after a retreat by the United States from sweeping trade deals that reshape global relationships. Nearly four years ago, President Trump pulled the United States out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or T.P.P., a broader agreement than the R.C.E.P. that was widely seen as a Washington-led response to China’s growing sway in the Asia-Pacific region. Joseph R. Biden Jr., the president-elect, has been noncommittal on whether he would join the T.P.P.’s successor.
    To some trade experts, this new agreement shows that the rest of the world will not wait around for the United States. The European Union has also pursued trade negotiations at an aggressive pace. As other countries sign new deals, American exporters may gradually lose ground.

I know that some commentators really hated the T.P.P., but we really are in the worst of all possible worlds as the other economic powers entered into trade agreements while Trump noodled around with NAFTA and imposed temper tariffs on American allies.

Well, not really the worst.

Let me introduce you to the United Kingdom and the BREXIT thread....
    Government Affiliated Snark

This is one of the things that was most baffling about the GOP embracing Trump. Even after they stopped with the charade about limited government, lower taxes, and cutting spending... they still pretended to care about capitalism and trade.

That's also gone.

Besides invading women's uterus and hating gay people and minorities, the GOP has no policy platform.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you guys are against Free Trade? AH! Right, its about which Capitalist class gets power, not some ideological love of Free Trade even.

Let China destroy its own people to feed its bloated elite; that is their loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to mention this. Glad someone did.

China had a massive four-year opportunity to take advantage of a vaccuum on the world stage. They took it. If anything, I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

China had a massive four-year opportunity to take advantage of a vaccuum on the world stage. They took it. If anything, I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier.
    Yep. The damage may be irreversible. I wish more Americans took a broader view of the political ramifications of their decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's policy decisions result in the US no longer holding primacy within the next 20 years.

For all this talk about America first, the actions have put America last, to the tune of treason if someone could show that it was intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Oh no, countries choosing to work together with another country over the US.

The world is truly ending!

p.s

Love how you still use every thread to shit on Bernie Sanders.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-11-16 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd guess the thing that the average Joe would say - if this trade agreement includes anything remotely similar to that - is "get ready for your economy to be flooded with cheap chinese goods"

5+ Year Old Account
    Woooooo 2020 keeps on giving.

Dystopian future here we come.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'd guess the thing that the average Joe would say - if this trade agreement includes anything remotely similar to that - is "get ready for your economy to be flooded with cheap chinese goods"
    I love that these people have been defending Free Trade for four years but suddenly become bitterly angry at a Free Trade deal.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I love that these people have been defending Free Trade for four years but suddenly become bitterly angry at a Free Trade deal.
    A free trade deal that empower and increases the influence of a government (China) that is very against human rights.

That’s the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    A free trade deal that empower and increases the influence of a government (China) that is very against human rights.

That’s the problem.
    Yeah, its always a hard choice between China, Russia and the US.

7+ Year Old Account

That’s the problem.
    Given "Human Rights" is meaningless, I am guessing this is just "Our capitalist class doesn't have power, theirs has more!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah, its always a hard choice between China, Russia and the US.
    US has at least has made progress on human rights with in its own county. It’s has been fucking slow at it but progress.

The other two no fucks given to human rights and lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Given "Human Rights" is meaningless, I am guessing this is just "Our capitalist class doesn't have power, theirs has more!"
    Guess less and just ask the posters directly if you want to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had an advanced degree in History. I might come up with an Iron LawTM: International Trade Agreements are Inevitable. Also that Trade agreements are a collectivist action.

So pretending that a nation can somehow avoid large trade agreements, is stupid. Avoiding them puts your collective at a disadvantage.

But I'm a rando shitposter that thinks populism is stupid overall.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

At the very least, the Chinese took the global warming threat very seriously, and have an unified agenda to tackle that. A thing that's not happening with the US and the idiots who call themselves republicans.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    US has at least has made progress on human rights with in its own county. It’s has been fucking slow at it but progress.

The other two no fucks given to human rights and lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess less and just ask the posters directly if you want to be sure.
    And they all give zero fucks about rights in other countries, so what is the difference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    If I had an advanced degree in History. I might come up with an Iron LawTM: International Trade Agreements are Inevitable. Also that Trade agreements are a collectivist action.

So pretending that a nation can somehow avoid large trade agreements, is stupid. Avoiding them puts your collective at a disadvantage.

But I'm a rando shitposter that thinks populism is stupid overall.
    So now you agree with the trade agremeents those countries have with China

5+ Year Old Account
    And they all give zero fucks about rights in other countries, so what is the difference

I guess I’ll restate it...

Country with progress on human rights/human life vs country with no progress and regression on human rights/life.

Which country do you want to increase in power?

10+ Year Old Account

I guess I’ll restate it...

Country with progress on human rights/human life vs country with no progress and regression on human rights/life.

Which country do you want to increase in power?
    I don't really care because both have shitty foreign policies.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care because both have shitty foreign policies.
    One would improve eventually the other will just get worse.

Like wtf do you think before you post? If you don’t give a fuck why respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    One would improve eventually the other will just get worse.

Like wtf do you think before you post? If you don’t give a fuck why respond.
    The US history has shown that not be the case, so i'm not putting my hopes in that.

And i'm posting because of all the silly outcry over it. Op is clearly just angry that those countries are choosing China over the US.