Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Only place to go from here is up.
    You dont believe that.

wasnt the first lich king technically Ner'zhul?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Yes thats true but i mesnt our first lichking, arthas was allways the lichking of hearts.

Nobdy cares for nerzuhl or bolvar.

Nobody and nothing can recreate Arthas witj Frostmourne and in style

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking a very short cameo.

Think on the level of Emerald Nightmare where Xal'atath has a scripted event if you go out of your way to find it.

Just like.. we find where he is.. in the darkness.. alone.. tortured.. filled with hate and maybe regrets but nothing to do about it. No more interaction, we can just leave him be.

Ooor he comes by the last patch and opens a portal to future Northrend and starts the next expansion "Wrath 2 The Return of the $dollars Lich King".

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    Yes thats true but i mesnt our first lichking, arthas was allways the lichking of hearts.

the title is a lie and you should be punished for lying.

Arthas is the single most overrated piece of shit in the history of Warcraft.

I don't care about him and hope Sylvanas is torturing his soul in The Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Arthas is the single most overrated piece of shit in the history of Warcraft.

I don't care about him and hope Sylvanas is torturing his soul in The Maw.

Arthas as The Lichking after merging wirh Nerzuhl with Frostmourne is very unique...

A soul ripped appart and bound in the Plate of The Damned by killjaeden, encased in a diamond hard ice shell from the far reaches of the Universe..

Killjaeden allready creating the proto Lichking has done a masterpiece!

Combined with a fallen Paladin his intends where good.. wielding a soulclaiming sword of Unbreakable powery

This is the Lichking a serious Player. When you read the ingame books he is stated

As one od the most powerful entities azeroth ever saw directly comparing them with etablished heavy hitters... also before they merged it is described that nerzuhl became a spectral being of unfathomable power and that he is immortal.

How can you say he is overrated.

Arthas is ICON

Arthas is LEGEND

Arthas as The Lichking after merging wirh Nerzuhl with Frostmourne is very unique...

A soul ripped appart and bound in the Plate of The Damned by killjaeden, encased in a diamond hard ice shell from the far reaches of the Universe..

Combined with a fallen Paladin his intends where good.. wielding a soulclaiming sword of Unbreakable powery

This is the Lichking a serious Player. When you read the ingame books he is stated

As one od the most powerful entities azeroth ever saw directly comparing them with etablished heavy hitters... also before they merged it is described that nerzuhl became a spectral being of unfathomable power and that he is immortal.

Arthas is ICON

Arthas is LEGEND
    And I was banned for calling such people trolls...
    ''As one od the most powerful entities azeroth ever saw directly comparing them with etablished heavy hitters... ''
    Lei Shen>LK, dude

10+ Year Old Account

Arthas is ICON

Arthas is LEGEND

It is apparent this thread is just your personal playground. You don't seem really interested in discussing nor refuting any points be directed at you or your opinions on this matter.

I don't understand how you are able to keep saying the same shit in different ways... yet, here we are.

First Death Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas is ICON

Arthas is LEGEND
    Easy. He's overrated and frankly, a trite and boring character.

Well, Arthas was very cool in WC3 and its expansion Frozen Throne.

But, in WoW not so much.....i thought he was completely out of character in Wotlk, from deadly cunning murderer getting everything done, to a pathetic failure big comic cartoon villain in heavy armor, who excels in running away.

If that and the pathetic ordeal at ICC was a good story closure to what he was in wc3, i don't know what to say.

Technically he could be resurrected as the original villain he was in wc3 and kick ass, but i doubt blizzard will manage to do this proper as their older dev team allready failed big time, so its best to let him R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    First Death Knight.
    Arthas was not the first death knight(in general) but he was the first gen2 death knight.

Arthas was not the first death knight(in general) but he was the first gen2 death knight.
    I know he wasn't. Ner'zul was. The OP wrongfully claimed Ner'zul was the first LK. That is what my comment was in reply to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Some think, Arthas was a pawn, because he got played to pick up froustmourne that doomed his soul and very beeing. And there might be some truth to that.
    To any who think Arthas was a pawn, in the grand scheme of things, his hold on the game board far surpasses a pawn, and his influence, even greater. That said, isn't every piece on the chess board, with the exception of the king, a pawn in the sense that they are all ordered around by the king to protect him, while killing the enemy king?

However, i do not see Arthas and KT as King and Queen at all. Arthas was more powerful as KT as the LK, so that makes him in term of chess King AND Queen.
    Interesting. It's almost like I didn't say the exact same thing, or something.

KT is after dark knowledge and ultimate necromantic power, he respected Arthas more as a buddy, you can almost say they were friends, you see this clearly in the wc3 games, especially frozen throne when KT rescues Arthas from Sylvanas in UC, he didn't have to do that as he had his own will and was not directly controlled by the LK, but serving him willingly. In short, i believle KT with all his wisdom, thought Arthas was the right ruler over the scourge, and it has to be for a reasion.
    I follow you so far. Where I depart on it, though, Kel'Thuzad was a servant of the Lich King. Once the Lich King was directly assaulted by Illidan, leading to his powers failing, the reality of things was simple at that point. The Lich King is going to die. Unless..... And thus, Arthas begins his quest back to the seat of power, to become the next Lich King.

All that said, it was KT who summoned the Legion to Azeroth and it was KT who brought the scourge to Lordaeron!
    When I called Kel'Thuzad the queen of the board, THAT is why. He brought them here with the intention of setting up a checkmate. Against who? Well, that's another matter entirely.

So, who was really the the king and master here.....
    Ok, back to the idea of Chess, here a moment. The most powerful piece on the board is the Queen. It has the ability to movel eft, right, forward and backward, and diagonally in any direction as many squares as it wants, so long as it is not being blocked in the pathway by friendly pieces. It has the power of 2 of the 3 other named pieces all in the same piece. But it's not the important piece on the board. It goes back to the whole "Sansa v. Brienne of Tarth" example. Sansa is important. Her power lies in her followers, including Brienne of Tarth. Brienne of Tarth is a very powerful adversary, possessing the strength and martial prowess to fell some very nasty enemies. She is more powerful than Sansa, in terms of personal ability... and yet she is a bodyguard to Sansa. Why? You should be able to figure that out on your own.

In terms of blizzard writing of course still LK-Arthas, because they like their stories to keep simple and not too complicated with a twist. ;>
    It has been so long since I was able to say "wow Blizzard, good on you, writing a good story...". These stories aren't simple; they're fraught with tortured logic, most of which could be answered by asking a few simple questions like "Why would they do that?", or "Who else would have intervened?", or "Doesn't this go against the character of this person?", and it's the reason why we can have Blizzard shills like Pyromancer, Bellular, and to a lesser extent, Taliesin and Evitel (which I do actually like T&E's take on things because they don't try twisting lore to their own predetermined foregone conclusions, in favor of begging the question, and telling us what a shit show it was, obviously) telling us how they cracked the code, but in reality, they just crack us all up with their crackpot theories.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, this does not make any sense now, with Sylvanas and the Jailer running that place. Are they actually the good guys? Are they tortured for eternity for crimes against the living?
    No. Sylvanas is vying for immortality. She had it so long as she had Val'kyr she could sacrifice to the shadowlands in her place, but that number is down to...2, I think. She tried to subjugate Eyir, so she could produce a near infinite number of Val'kyr, but Genn Greymane fucked her plans up. she's becoming desperate.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Illidan's character in BC was not even close to what he was in WC3, and they did not even give good reasons why he is such a stupid character.
    Vanilla and BC were completely lore ignoring in most cases. Legion saved the character Illidan so far.
    He was exactly the same : Illidan in wc3 wanted to rule Outland. This is what he does in tbc.

Arthas is NOT the Jailer. The Jailer is an entirely new character and nobody we have seen before. I do expect to see Arthas in some role though. Maybe opposing Sylvanas, maybe supporting her. Both are possibilities I think. Maybe Arthas and Bolvar will square off. We'll see.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Arthas is NOT the Jailer. The Jailer is an entirely new character and nobody we have seen before. I do expect to see Arthas in some role though. Maybe opposing Sylvanas, maybe supporting her. Both are possibilities I think. Maybe Arthas and Bolvar will square off. We'll see.
    They are doing a role reversal, it is common in writing especially in sequels where much time has passed. Sylvanas is in a position similar to where Arthas was and he is going to probably try and talk her down at some point. Arthas is also likely on a mission already to figure out how to repair the damaged souls frostmourne created.

LOL
    this just shows u only played WC3 after u played WotLK
    Ner'zhul was a beloved character back then (and still is, considering the amount if "is ner'zhul truly dead and gone/Ner'zhul was wasted in WoD" threads we are getting every year). And Arthas, while insanely popular, wasnt even an LK until WotLk hit.
    From Wc3, until WotLk, it was lore that Arthas and Ner'zhul merged into a single being, simply called the Lich King.
    until WoLk, Ner'zhul was the "LK of hearts" simply bc there was no other LK.
    Last edited by Houle; 2020-11-18 at 08:11 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Eh I just want to see him to see his interactions. See what was going on as the Lich King, an apology to Jaina, and to grind it into Sylvanas that after all of this time of her trying to get her revenge that she now serves the one who truly made her into what she is.

I could see Sylvanas turning on the Jailer if she was told that it was his plan all along. She is more of a pawn than Arthas ever was.

As for as a redemption arc? Nah.

5+ Year Old Account
    Friendly reminder that the first LK wasn't Arthas, but Ner'zhul.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.