Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spoiler?: Mask of the runecarver

Today the cinematic showed us the Jailer chained in similar position and place like the Runecarver.

Blizzard store has a new hoodie titled the Jailer but it has the mask of the Runecarver. The Jailer forced someone to take his place? Is Zooval a false Jailer? The mask belonged originally to the Jailer (we thought the helme of domination belonged to the Jailer's attire)?

Most likely, it is a mistake by Blizzard.

Here is the product: https://www.blizzardgearstore.com/ga...ID:i-r1c2:po-5

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be an error. At least that's how I would take it based on what we know.

That does kind of look like the Runecarver's mask and in no way looks like anything the Jailer wears. Errors all the way around.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zovaal was an invader to the Shadowlands and not a true part of the Pantheon of Death.

So I could see the Runecarver being the "true" ruler of the Maw effectively.

I haven't been paying attention to the lore so might be missing some information.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I think the runecarver is just someone else possibly the Primus
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Runecarver was originally the 'King' of the Maw, before it was called that?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, I think the runecarver is just someone else possibly the Primus
    Primus would make sense, we know he makes runeblades etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Zovaal was an invader to the Shadowlands and not a true part of the Pantheon of Death.

So I could see the Runecarver being the "true" ruler of the Maw effectively.

I haven't been paying attention to the lore so might be missing some information.
    My personal theorem is that Zovaal was part of the Pantheon of Order, as the Death Titan in the Pantheon of Order to mirror Eonar as the Life Binder but was banished and he tried to subjugate the Pantheon of Death in the Shadowlands.

Argus possibly took Zovaal's lost title as the Death Titan of Order when he awakened before we killed him again.

My only basis on this theory is that Zovaal looks like a Titan of Order due to his extremely humanoid appearance like the other Titans. So not much to go on but yeh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

My only basis on this theory is that Zovaal looks like a Titan of Order due to his extremely humanoid appearance like the other Titans. So not much to go on but yeh.
    He seems a bit too... fleshy... to be a titan...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    He seems a bit too... fleshy... to be a titan...
    They're all pretty fleshy, Argus was very fleshy it's just he's blue so it looks weird.

Edit: Yeh they're very fleshy except Aggramar who actually looks like he's made of Stone.

Eonar etc. are very fleshy.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2020-11-17 at 12:14 AM.

My personal theorem is that Zovaal was part of the Pantheon of Order, as the Death Titan in the Pantheon of Order to mirror Eonar as the Life Binder but was banished and he tried to subjugate the Pantheon of Death in the Shadowlands.

Argus possibly took Zovaal's lost title as the Death Titan of Order when he awakened before we killed him again.

My main hope against this is it'll make Zooval look like an extra asspull?

Like I get it makes sense we'd never heard of him before if his native to the Shadowlands (or from somewhere else unknown). As opposed to "actual there were two fallen titians, the non-sargeras one just never came up before'

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    My main hope against this is it'll make Zooval look like an extra asspull?

Like I get it makes sense we'd never heard of him before if his native to the Shadowlands (or from somewhere else unknown). As opposed to "actual there were two fallen titians, the non-sargeras one just never came up before'
    I prefer asspulls and the evolution of existing lore to retcons personally. :P

They're all pretty fleshy, Argus was very fleshy it's just he's blue so it looks weird.

Edit: Yeh they're very fleshy except Aggramar who actually looks like he's made of Stone.

Eonar looks like a bronze statue to me. In the retconned lore im pretty sure i remember them being metallic. Looking at the 7.3 models right now, they certainly all seem metallic to me. Except for Agrammar, who looks like stone.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2020-11-17 at 12:27 AM.

I prefer asspulls and the evolution of existing lore to retcons personally. :P
    But him being entirely new is the lore evolving. If anything adding a previous unknown unmentioned titan is much more recony

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it's a Man in the Iron Mask scenario; It's the Primus, OR the actual Jailer, or a mystery entity.

most likely yet another mistake on blizz's part.
    not necessarily a label mistake tho, maybe the runecarver is the original jailer until zovaal took his place, and blizz unintentionally spoiled that
    cause thats definitely the mask of the runecarver
    also, funny how even the maw itself looks like a ripp-off of argus in the cinematic, with the barren, dark, rocky wasteland and the green mist in the background
    zovaal looks more and more and more like sargeras and burning legion 2.0 (but ofc better and greater and more AWESOME)
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    I wonder if it's a Man in the Iron Mask scenario; It's the Primus, OR the actual Jailer, or a mystery entity.
    You really think the writers have read anything as good as Dumas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account

They all look much more like living metal than flesh (with the exception of Aggramar, as you said, and Golgonath, who both look stone)... Eonar and Khaz'Goroth look like they are made of bronze, the "skin" on their models even has a shine to it under light sources like metal would, and flesh doesn't.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-11-17 at 01:09 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They all look much more like living metal than flesh (with the exception of Aggramar, as you said, and Golgonath, who both look stone)... Eonar and Khaz'Goroth look like they are made of bronze, the "skin" on their models even has a shine to it under light sources like metal would, and flesh doesn't.
    I think it's their muscle definition, it just makes them look fleshy to me. :P

I like the emblem. I like most of the aesthetics out of the Maw. I have said this before. Orbios and the whole aesthetic there with Arbiter has my curiosity. I did keep saying I was most interested in seeing these two realms and the people representing them. Out of all the zones. Which I keep hearing from everyone that both of them ended up being the most lackluster, but we will see. Either way I like the gear.

It's not a mistake ... On the collector's box you get the crests for every faction in the expac, the 4 covenants, Oribos and the Maw. That symbol is the one attributed to the Maw.
    It is interesting that the symbol attributed to the Maw is identical to the mask the runecarver wears. There's story to yet be unveiled about the Jailer, Maw, Runecarver, Primus, etc.