Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You can infect someone in Org and basically go anywhere in the game. On MG people on Alliance and Horde are basically coordinating zombies to rush Lion's pride inn in Goldshire and Wayfarer's in SMC since it really pisses off the ERPers that basically wrecked the realms repuation.
    That question was in response to the person that said you can simply "Go get cleansed", except they only exist in SW and Org as far as I can find, and people are doing exactly what you said, they bring it elsewhere. Places where there are no way to cleanse it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It doesnt fall under griefing because the whole point in the event is to turn into a zombie and infect others simple as that, plus even in blizzards TOS its not griefing since its the intended gameplay design which you constantly ignore.
    Just because the game allows you to do it doesn't mean you can. Doing stuff that in moderation is fine but when done to excess is not is often part of the definition used for greifing by companies. The problem with this event has always been there is no way to really stop those that take it to far.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Once again, detracting from another person's gameplay is literally against the game's code of conduct and will typically get you suspended. So stop saying "you're paying for server access and that's it" because it's 100% not true. The shit people have been doing during this event absolutely falls under the definition of griefing. It's just that Blizzard literally doesn't care right now apparently.
    Yes, because they made the event and it's purpose is that. That no one can hide from the undead. For 7 days atleast.

Two weeks of an event you are FORCED to take part in or just not play the game. I'm paying $15 a month. I shouldn't be forced to change how I play the game for two weeks because of griefers. Because if that is really Blizzard's stance then I really want my money back for those two lost weeks or at least have two weeks of game time added to my account.
    Then I want my money back for every childrens week ever causing pve turds to ruin my BGs, and for pet battle weeklies detracting from my regularly scheduled weekly bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    YES it is. The point of the event is to spread the plague

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    That question was in response to the person that said you can simply "Go get cleansed", except they only exist in SW and Org as far as I can find, and people are doing exactly what you said, they bring it elsewhere. Places where there are no way to cleanse it.
    People spreading a plague far and wide with no easy way to cure it? Wow, your immersion must be crushed.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

It was honestly a dumb and exploitable event even during the wrath version. If anything though, I'd say this version's bigger issue is how flying means that enemy players can just completely exploit the event by casually swooping into the enemy city with little risk and having dozens of people who don't PvP, or want to PvP, unwillingly flagged and easy kills.

Oh jeez, it's a game! Don't be a big crybaby about something so insignificant...

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Then I want my money back for every childrens week ever causing pve turds to ruin my BGs, and for pet battle weeklies detracting from my regularly scheduled weekly bonuses.
    That is quite literally not even remotely the same. This event is causing people to be incapable of looting world bosses and rares and is causing people to be unable to turn in quests because quest NPCs keep getting killed.

That is quite literally not even remotely the same. This event is causing people to be incapable of looting world bosses and rares and is causing people to be unable to turn in quests because quest NPCs keep getting killed.
    On what server does this happen? I farm rares all day long and wasn't turned into a zombie once.

Today people were spreading the plague to where the event rares are in Icecrown. I even was changed into a zombie while fighting a rare, therefore not getting credit for killing it.

lol at anyone lying about having mains on MG and WRA. FOR WHAT PURPOSE?! Just lol. The rep they have and the people that play on them, most people DON'T want to admit that fact. The shit my friend and I get for playing there is never ending. Oh lol. It's like if Disney and Warhol and Lady Gaga had a child and we got the crackhead baby that is MG. It's stupid there and its fun. I care not what other people think or say lol but I've never heard of anyone lying about having a main there. You aren't worth responding to anymore. Like 50 people have told you the same thing and you keep repeating the same code of conduct shit like a 3rd grader. Players like you are what have ruined wow for players like us. Perspective. Get some.

Also, I have my own guild there lel just for all my toons. Same for WRA. Been playing the same discpriest/hpally combo on both forever with the same names on both. And yep even go to the Tournament of Ages. You know nothing! KEK.

Quote Originally Posted by kronides View Post
    Oh jeez, it's a game! Don't be a big crybaby about something so insignificant...
    A game we pay MONTHLY for. If I'm paying $15 a month, I shouldn't be forced into doing things I don't want to.

A game we pay MONTHLY for. If I'm paying $15 a month, I shouldn't be forced into doing things I don't want to.
    Then don't pay 15$ a month. Let's not be stupid here.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    People spreading a plague far and wide with no easy way to cure it? Wow, your immersion must be crushed.
    There's absolutely nothing immersive about heroes of the factions deliberately getting infected with a plague, going to someplace without many other heroes around and turning into a ghoul and killing civilians to also turn them into ghouls. This is "I-I gank low levels because I want high levels to show up for evenly matched world PvP" tier retarded logic. Just admit you like fucking with people and own up to it being reasonable they aren't happy about it. Don't pretend being a dick is somehow noble.

From the start this event makes very little sense from an immersive point of view, because the whole base concept is that without the helm, the existing scourge are swarming, so why are is there even a plague event? If anything it should just be hordes of zombies constantly attacking cities and towns threatening to overwhelm the guards. But if you're going to do a plague, an immersive example of plague spreading would have been introducing a longer duration debuff that spreads to nearby players and then after say, an hour without cure, kills you and spawns an NPC ghoul in your place. Though that would be rather tasteless right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Then don't pay 15$ a month. Let's not be stupid here.
    So in other words, you don't have anything constructive to say about this topic. All right then.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is mostly filled with people who either don't understand what griefing is or happily partake in said griefing. There's so many "just don't play for the event then" comments and "just get over it" comments. I've yet to see to a constructive comment in favor of this event.

So in other words, you don't have anything constructive to say about this topic. All right then.
    You pay for a game that turns you into zombie, saying that you shouldn't be forced to be turned into a zombie.

I'm not buying ice cream demanding a steak. If you feel like you can not do in the game what you wanna do because the game is the way it is, then stop paying for the game. What is wrong with you. Not everything is centered around your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Then you are logged into an extremely dead server.
    If it was a dead server, why didn't I see dead things - instead of hundreds of living characters?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I'm not buying ice cream demanding a steak. If you feel like you can not do in the game what you wanna do because the game is the way it is, then stop paying for the game. What is wrong with you. Not everything is centered around your needs.
    Nor is anyone else. It's more like going to a restaurant that serves both steak and icecream, buying steak, and then being angry that they give you a steak smeared with icecream. No one is upset that there's a mechanic in the game that turns you into a zombie, that's just a retarded strawman. People are annoyed that they are being forced into literal PvP wherein people on the same faction get to attempt to one-shot you, despite not playing on a PvP server or flagging for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So these past few days I have been noticing a good number of people in game not very happy with the zombie event and understandably so. People leveling up and having their quest NPCs killed over and over, they themselves are killed over and over due to the zombies being way above their level, and just general griefing throughout the game. There was an argument in general about it and I wanted to chime in but I had too much to say so I thought I'd wait and voice my full opinion about it here.

Now it doesn't really affect me most of the time since all the characters I play are max level but I did have a situation last night where I was doing the Nathanos WQ and there was a small group of zombies just fucking everything up. I ended up dying a bunch of times and when Nathanos was finally killed I didn't get credit for it since I was dead. So I had to wait until he respawned again. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have a whole lot of time to play and I wanted to get some shit done on there before I had to get off. This is when I started to understand why people hated this event. Like, the event itself is a cool idea and can be fun but the problem is that the douchebags of this game take advantage of it and turn it into a griefing event and that's when it stops being fun.

I'm not saying they should never do an event like this ever again because I genuinely think this is one of the best pre launch events (favorite was Legion invasions) but at least do something to lessen the amount of griefing that happens. Like, keep the zombie infection in and around the main city areas only instead of letting people go all the way out there so they can fuck up people's questing experience. That way people who don't want to bother with the event have a way to opt out of it and quest in peace. Have npc zombie invasions of the smaller camps and towns that lower level players can participate in and gain exp from. Maybe then more people would've been more welcoming of this event. The way it is now just feels like Blizzard turned on PVP for all servers and called it an event.
    its almost like the event is working as intended and if you dont like it, no one is forcing you to play the game while its active.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    WQ's are fun. Doing the rares in Icecrown is fun. Killing Nathanos is fun. Trying to complete the quests for this event that do happen in the City can be done and should be able to be completed without harrassment. There is a lot of fun to be had.

OF course on my realm those with Warmode off have basically told Blizzard where to shove it by not participating at all. Immediately kill whatever zombie shows up and go about your business. Blizzard needs to realize that forcing your players to do content like that will always be a failure and that refusing to put in an opt out will not cause more players to partake. THey will simply find ways to avoid it. The devs really are clueless.
    kill them before they kill you. aka git gud.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.