Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can I report people for ridiculing me/ annoying me for picking necrolords for my warrior?

Legit asking as it will happen %10000000. I was ridiculed for not picking stormbolt stun in mythic +10> in bfa. Now here we are talking about covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yeah, and it's also a perception matter. You can very well pick whatever you like and pass on the 1% damage boost and be fine. Until you want to do some "approximately serious content", and people will require a Kyrian DK or Revendreth Holy Priest because it's, indeed, 1% boost, so you'll be thrown out of the window of every single group you'll apply to. But yeah, you'll have the transmog you wanted, that will be great in Orgrimmar when everyone will be M+ing or Mything Raiding.
    OR you just join a guild that are more laidback and let people play what they think is fun. As long as guilds not in competetion for WFs or top 100 kills it wont matter anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Can I report people for ridiculing me/ annoying me for picking necrolords for my warrior?

Legit asking as it will happen %10000000. I was ridiculed for not picking stormbolt stun in mythic +10> in bfa. Now here we are talking about covenants.
    there is a difference between a skill you can swap in and out whenever, and a covenant. i seriously hope people will understand that.

Sims according to authors is barely 100 dps between each of em. And it's still too early to tell.

For enhancement, the guide talked about how horrible the necrolords are, and at the end of it they mentioned how the difference for the worst covenant was around 3%

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    I really dislike the overall best one for DK (Kyrian).
    My guess if you're frost or blood because Kyrian/Pelagos combo is recommended for single target fights but has Venthyr/Nadjia the Mistblade (frost or blood) or General Draven (for blood) if you want to do an AOE heavy or defensive build. Hell even the Night Fae with Korayn is also a viable option for tanking. Hell even a Necrolord with Emeni is competitive with Pelagos in terms of single target dps for frost. Unholy is all about Necrolord with Emeni.

Revendreth Holy Priest
    Venthyr/General Draven and Necrolord/Emeni are the two recommended combos for a holy priest. Its not just Draven. Unholy Nova scales very well with groups.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Min/max players never really get to play their game of choice. Min/maxing is a railroad that punishes any sort of deviation from the true path. If that's your choice that's fine. It's not really for me.
    If that were the case in every single one of the world first race guilds not only would every guild be the same faction (best to min/max if we're looking at racials of a faction here) but every single hunter would be the same race, every single paladin would be the same race, every single priest would be the same race, every single warlock would be the same race....you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    For enhancement, the guide talked about how horrible the necrolords are, and at the end of it they mentioned how the difference for the worst covenant was around 3%
    The sheer amount of times in these guides I wrote that the difference is not big absolutely blows my mind that your takeaway is that it was being referred to as "horrible". It's just being honest about the shortcomings, because ease of use is something that is actually useful to any type of player.
    Last edited by wordup; 2020-11-24 at 09:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how dishonest can you be....yeah 0.01% is a joke exageration,but its actualy more like 50% if you chose what you like vs whats best,and we know players go to extremes for even actual 1% increases
    There's a word for it. It's called Hyperbole. He made a legitimate statement for this kind of situation where someone lets game play effect enjoyment. Also t's not 50%, no covenant has that much swing between best and worst. That was also hyperbole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    yea but you are not taking in consideration that for venthyr you have to stack MSW to 5 and pres 1 buton bam full dps if there is ~5 target
    similiar to totem fire and forget and a bit worse with chaneling ability although it may be manageable as its equally strong in ST and aoe situation
    for necro you have to aplay FS to 4-5 targets to gets it to full potential in aoe situation, thats freaking pain to setup for that -3% penalty on top of it ;P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

i already am frustrated by Covenants. I really dislike the overall best one for DK (Kyrian).
    "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game”

Now that we're in, and I've played, I already am frustrated by Covenants. I really dislike the overall best one for DK (Kyrian) but a significant amount of power is locked behind them, so now I'm stuck with the most boring main group in wow I've ever had the misfortune of having to work with. I really hope they bring the other covenants in line with one another better, or allow us to choose the abilities we want while not having to be stuck with a group we abhor.
    They promised no significant changes until at least the next major patch. "Bringing all in line" would be a significant change, so I doubt it will happen and they can only lose from here on, no matter what they do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game”
    I wish I could upvote this comment. The perfect statement for the wow community!

I have no idea about the covenants' power. I was just saying that even if it's a minor difference (like 1%), it can still keep you out of a lot of content, as it has done for all the previous expansions. So obviously anything beyond the 10% mark is catastrophic if you ever wants to do Mythic+, even only Mythic+5.

Sorry if that was unclear
    It’s all good that was my bad

Been glancing over while playing shadowlands lol I see the “OMG it’s a tiny difference” so much that I assumed

Change the thing you can, so either your covenant, your expectations or your raid/m+ group/guild.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how dishonest can you be....yeah 0.01% is a joke exageration,but its actualy more like 50% if you chose what you like vs whats best,and we know players go to extremes for even actual 1% increases
    50% is a joke exaggeration. It is nowhere near that.

dude, dps difference is equal to 1-2 fuckups in your rotation
    play your fairy elves and have some pride
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Look, unless you are pushing the bleeding edge of content, there is a very simple solution to this: do not PUG. Find a guild or a regular group to run with. They will care far more about your personality, playstyle, and skill than they will about any mechanical choice in most instances. Otherwise, be prepared for PUGs to not only have ilevel requirements that are frequently insane, but also require specific covenant combos. And, like it or not, that is the prerogative of the PUG organizer (which you also are free to organize your own PUG so that you make the rules)

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post

Don't do random content with dicktwats? That is my #1 rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, look, it's this thread again.

My player, if you don't like that swirly boring af kyrian DoT go get those Necrolord slappy hands with the sick plate armor and ride your bony monster mount off into the sunset.

I predict covenant choice will hardly ever be scrutinized. The tunning knobs will swing wildly as months go by, and you can always have the "I'm optimized for mythic plus" excuse. I find the kyrian dot boring as well, and already ran instances where I can see slappy hands come in handy so so much!

Pick fun and dont hate the buttons on your bar. You don't fret over the fact you could earn 2005 USD a month while making just 2000 do you?