Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Very much true, the models are insane! The zones are beautiful too! Artwork seems amazing so far.
    I agree fully. The models, artwork, story, and even music were amazing. I only had gotten to Oribos and was about to go to Bastion when I had to stop playing last night. Also, OT, I didn't have any issues whatsoever during launch (of course other more populated servers would have issues, but that is to be expected I think). I was logged in 15 minutes before launch and there were soooo many people in Org (I was on my Horde toon), half flying above in like an almost pyramid structure and half on the ground right near the no-mount zone. It was a very exciting time.

I have been in almost all the launches of previous xpacs but this one is the most memorable. People were chatting in trade/general chat and even yelled out the countdown right before the NPCs appeared right in front of us. I didn't go in right away through the death gate... I wanted to wait a bit until there were like less people crowding around the NPC. I had a feeling that if I had gone through it right away, there would be some bug or glitch that will maybe omit some dialogue or cinematic due to the server load.

Also, I was logging in periodically in the few hours before launch, toon hopping from my Horde "main" toon to my Alliance "main" toon to see how crowded it was becoming in front of Grommash Hold in Org and in front of the SW keep in SW. As time went by though, I did see like an increase of people but I also saw a few less people over time before launch. I thought people were getting disconnected because of the overcrowding, but someone mentioned that the servers we were on were being layered and phased multiple times to accommodate everyone. Btw, I am on the US Steamwheedle Cartel/Sentinels/Kirin Tor cluster of servers.

Area 52 on the other hand, nope lol. I I always skip launch day because I have never had a good one and last night was no different. The server could not find my characters so I played League and wrecked some people instead lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It's not.
    And you know that how? Seems like all the complaints mean they are. SO, show us your link.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also on A52. I was logged on most of the day doing random stuff, and soon as SL went live I was unable to talk to the NPC to start the next part a few mins later I got DC'd and fought the black screen for almost 2+ hours before I was able to log back in. I played for around 2 hours before I got DC'd again and got stuck at the same screen, while also lagging the whole time leveling. Ended up just going to bed and waking up early this morning to get some levels in before maintenance.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

The launch for me was really smooth but also i feel like im playing a single player game. I have come across 3 fellow horde players and about 8 alliance players so far and im halfway through Maldraxxus.

Either most people are playing with Warmode off or they sharded way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Legion and BfA was fine for me. The last time I had a legitimate issue on a launch was WoD with the Garrisons.
    Don't even remind me about that shitshow. I still have Vietnam flashbacks about it.

So smooth that 6hrs after release my server was still down...

There were literally servers who were down for hours and couldn't even get into the game. Had a friend who finally could log into the game by the time we were hitting Ardenweald. Also, there's still a ton of bugs in the game that were present in the beta where high traffic and/or group questing gets broken.

Partway through, I think Blizz just oversharded everything on purpose, as it fixes a lot of the high traffic issues that come with a linear questing experience (especially with WM on). Went from seeing Horde raids sitting on questing spots to nearly deserted no matter where you went. Still doesn't fix the bugs with group questing where credit doesn't get shared all the time despite it being able to under normal circumstances, quests getting bugged to where only one party member gets credit while everyone else reloads/relogs/drops group/cycles WM/drops quest/etc. until it works, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Now, if you were a solo leveler, the experience was probably pretty good. Still not as good as BfA in terms of stability issues and bugs, as that was fairly flawless for solo and group leveling on launch.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Am online on Draenor EU now after 60+ minutes of queue. Loading times are higher than usual and I've got 10 more MS home and world than normal, but other than that no issues so far. Knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And you know that how? Seems like all the complaints mean they are. SO, show us your link.
    I'm not sure what the bolded part is referring to.

Complaints have no bearing on how many players there are, nor does it change the fact that this expansion broke the pre-sale records again.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-11-24 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Wod, legion and BFA were better. BFA just had issues after "launch" with zones being laggy as hell

So no. Realm being down for 3 hour and not being able to play isnt "smoothest"
    WOD?
    Better?
    I guess you didn't use your garrison in the first few days?

3 hours or so of 'character not found' and disconnects before even getting in last night, and 'world server down' this morning. So no, I'd vote no.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was not so lucky. Gave up and went to bed after trying to get online for 1 hour last night. Got stuck on retrieving game server, then blacked out character select for ages before my chars would actually load. Stuck on loading screen for 10-15mins aaaand dc.

And anyone saying WoD was smooth simply cannot have played back then. Those first days were a trainwreck of lag and disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    WOD?
    Better?
    I guess you didn't use your garrison in the first few days?
    Ah yes, WoD... Not sure how anyone can remember it as a smooth launch. I for one couldn't play until 3 days after launch... Then again, I was playing on a potato.

about as smooth as sandpaper.

It took over 6 hours before I was able to log onto my main on Area-52 The good ol' Character Not Found Over 4 hours unti I was able to log onto any of my alts on three other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Am online on Draenor EU now after 60+ minutes of queue. Loading times are higher than usual and I've got 10 more MS home and world than normal, but other than that no issues so far. Knock on wood.

I'm not sure what the bolded part is referring to.

Complaints have no bearing on how many players there are, nor does it change the fact that this expansion broke the pre-sale records again.
    You said there were hardly any players playing. It seems those issues being complained about prove their are a ton of players trying to play the game. That is why I asked you to prove your claim that there aren't many players because the server issues casused by everyone trying to log on at once contradicts your claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And anyone saying WoD was smooth simply cannot have played back then. Those first days were a trainwreck of lag and disconnects.
    I did play and the only issue I had was the spyglass. No lag. NO disconnects. I was even amazed that i didn't do either with the large amount of players I was seeing on my screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The launch for me was really smooth but also i feel like im playing a single player game. I have come across 3 fellow horde players and about 8 alliance players so far and im halfway through Maldraxxus.

Either most people are playing with Warmode off or they sharded way too much.
    Likely they sharded way too much. But that is better than not sharding enough.

yes i agree but also the most boring,it didnt even feel like the start of a new expansion just a content patch,seriously very underwhelming,maybe im expecting too much these days,also feels more like im playing diablo 3 than ever,i had no issues and the game looks and sound good but is this it?.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You said there were hardly any players playing. It seems those issues being complained about prove their are a ton of players trying to play the game. That is why I asked you to prove your claim that there aren't many players because the server issues casused by everyone trying to log on at once contradicts your claim.
    ... I did not say that, at all. Think you're responding to someone else. I've literally been talking about the queues, the record sales and the idiocy of people claiming that the smooth launch was due to fewer players playing.

Nice ass kissing OP.

It's either queue and black screen simulator, or 1 minute lags and disconnects. Stop being so naive.