Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    How would these figures show that it was the smoothest launch? lack of server crashes, lower amounts of disconnects or simply more concurrent players?

even then these might not show its smoothest launch process.
    Proving my point 100% here. Like 150% even. No figures, no evidence, will ever be good enough for you.

What figures would show a smooth launch? You tell me, mate. You had the opportunity there to say what figures would "prove" it, but instead you just dismiss all conventional measures.

And the idea that other launches were smoother is just a bad joke. I feel like people claiming others were better should be forced for post which launches they were there for, and on what realms. Up to WoD it was just shitshows of massive downtime the whole way, Blizzard couldn't even live-launch expansions until WoD IIRC. And WoD was an epic shit-show, where even if you got on and got stuff going, your Garrison was just broken (often not even loading/possible to enter), hard-stopping progression on and off for what, two days? Longer? BfA had every issue people have reported here and a load more. Just go dig up threads from around launch for fuck's sake mate. Servers were down, people couldn't get in, etc. - and once they were in various wacky shit was happening for the first few hours, like zones just not having any mobs/NPCs in them.

You lied and claimed WoD was better, so like at this point, we can pretty much dismiss your claims out of hand. WoD was an epic shitshow, and not just on a few servers, on every server I'm aware of there was the "can't get into Garrison" issue, and I didn't last one night, it lasted more than one. And it stalled progression. And some servers were down or the like on top of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I had no issues so nobody else did
    ROFL. Seriously? That's your response. Proving my point mate. Keep on strawmanning, I guess. Obviously some people had issues, duh. They do every expansion. But all signs are the issues are limited to a few specific full-pop servers, rather than being widespread.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

By far one of the worst. Cata, legion, bfa no issues what so ever. Was online before they flipped the switch, could play nonstop for hours and even relog. This sorry excuse of a launch, took over 1 and half hour to get on, and now today in prime time. server offline, auth servers fucked off and just not able to play at all.

Kazzak EU is thoroughly broken, and of course there is virtually no support in EU. Not surprised seeing what a lagfest the prepatch event was, but thats because this is probabaly an even modier variety of potato server. Bobby Kotick wants another yacht.

Glad I didn't buy the xpac straight away.
    Last edited by willtron; 2020-11-24 at 05:05 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Proving my point 100% here. Like 150% even. No figures, no evidence, will ever be good enough for you.
    Not im asking you define what metrics would show satisfactorily, that it was the smoothest launch?

What figures would show a smooth launch? You tell me, mate. You had the opportunity there to say what figures would "prove" it, but instead you just dismiss all conventional measures.
    Not at all i was simply as stated in previous point attempting discourse with you, you didn't provide details of what these figures were simply that if blizzard released them xxx wouldnt accept because of xxxx.

And the idea that other launches were smoother is just a bad joke. I feel like people claiming others were better should be forced for post which launches they were there for, and on what realms. Up to WoD it was just shitshows of massive downtime the whole way, Blizzard couldn't even live-launch expansions until WoD IIRC. And WoD was an epic shit-show, where even if you got on and got stuff going, your Garrison was just broken (often not even loading/possible to enter), hard-stopping progression on and off for what, two days? Longer? BfA had every issue people have reported here and a load more. Just go dig up threads from around launch for fuck's sake mate. Servers were down, people couldn't get in, etc. - and once they were in various wacky shit was happening for the first few hours, like zones just not having any mobs/NPCs in them.
    Again anecdotal, the two expansions i had major launch problems with were cata and wod, does that then automatically mean because i had no issues in mop and i know other people who had no issues that it was the smoothest launch? no it's encdotal data.

This doesn't prove anything beyond that expansion had some glaring issues.
    You lied and claimed WoD was better, so like at this point, we can pretty much dismiss your claims out of hand. WoD was an epic shitshow, and not just on a few servers, on every server I'm aware of there was the "can't get into Garrison" issue, and I didn't last one night, it lasted more than one. And it stalled progression. And some servers were down or the like on top of that.
    Where did i lie and claim WoD was better, you must be getting confused i was simply retorting your claim that because someon e else didnt have the same experience as you that theirs was bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL. Seriously? That's your response. Proving my point mate.
    Not at all, it perfectly summed up the post in a very short response.
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2020-11-24 at 05:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My source is logging on to multiple servers (don't ask lol, it was for complicated reasons) in the hour before launch, and being able to log on to my particularly high-pop full pop EU server, and everyone who I knew was logged on too (hell, practically my entire Blizzard friends-list was).

I had the black character select screen, but it cleared after a literally 2 minutes, told me I was disconnected and showed the disconnected screen, but I wasn't, because it then went back to the character select (I forget what I clicked on - "continue" or something I think, in response to being "disconnected"), and my characters were there. When I went to Orgrimmar it took like 2 minutes (again, literally, I have a clock on my desk) to get in, but then apart from lag-spikes I was fine.

It sounds like it's more that there are specific servers which have problems rather than any generalized problem - I heard Area 52 was down, like 30 minutes before launch, but I also heard it was back up an hour or two after launch (not "six hours" later as some have claimed).
    It proper boots you out to where you enter your account name/pw, so there's nothing you can do about it. Draenor usually suffers with queues and in-game lag during event's like this, expected considering the massive population of the server. Struggling this much with the whole login process is not common however.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not the worst. Certainly not the smoothest. Several friends including one in our leveling party could not get in. He was experiencing disconnects and character not found until about 10pm est. We all had issues with lag until midnight, things cleared up around the night fae area. Ran into phasing bugs in ardenweald. Revendreth also appeared to be server locked so we couldn't quest together.

Off the top of my head, I had better experience with Cataclysm, MoP and BFA launches

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not im asking you define what metrics would show satisfactorily, that it was the smoothest launch?
    You seem confused.

You asked for metrics. You must define which metrics are required. It's completely irrational/illogical to expect me to mind-read you over the internet and determine what metrics, which you asked for, again, you would find acceptable. Jesus christ mate.

Not at all i was simply as stated in previous point attempting discourse with you, you didn't provide details of what these figures were simply that if blizzard released them xxx wouldnt accept because of xxxx.
    You dismissed out of hand several good measures. I'm not sure how else to understand that. Again though, you asked for "definitive" metrics. You must determine what those metrics would be, because definitive is a subjective measure, and you're the one who is determining it.

Again anecdotal, the two expansions i had major launch problems with were cata and wod, does that then automatically mean because i had no issues in mop and i know other people who had no issues that it was the smoothest launch? no it's encdotal data.

This doesn't prove anything beyond that expansion had some glaring issues.

Where did i lie and claim WoD was better, you must be getting confused i was simply retorting your claim that because someon e else didnt have the same experience as you that theirs was bullshit.
    Yeah sorry that wasn't you - that was another poster.
    "A youtuber said so."

Very happy to see Blizzard pull this off. I am on the most populated server on EU. (Silvermoon) and I logged in at 23:59 with only 5 minutes of issues. Huge achievement.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    It proper boots you out to where you enter your account name/pw, so there's nothing you can do about it. Draenor usually suffers with queues and in-game lag during event's like this, expected considering the massive population of the server. Struggling this much with the whole login process is not common however.
    Fair enough, that sucks like I said, but it seems to be server specific. I wonder what's going on at Blizzard EU that's causing some full-pop servers to have a much better time than others. I've had the proper boot-out at name/pw, and did once last night, an hour and a bit before launch, but entering my pw worked.
    "A youtuber said so."

You seem confused.

You asked for metrics. You must define which metrics are required. It's completely irrational/illogical to expect me to mind-read you over the internet and determine what metrics, which you asked for, again, you would find acceptable. Jesus christ mate.
    I Simply asked you which metrics those would be from your statement here :-

Hell, Blizzard could post detailed stats direct from their servers showing it was the smoothest launch ever and half the people on this forum wouldn't regard that as "definitive"
    You dismissed out of hand several good measures. I'm not sure how else to understand that. Again though, you asked for "definitive" metrics. You must determine what those metrics would be, because definitive is a subjective measure, and you're the one who is determining it.
    how did i dismiss them out of hand, i simply stated a few metrics and defined why they might be insufficient, you were the one who use the blizzard releasing data as an argument you're the one who needs to provide metrics. its poor argumentation and an attempt to flounder your opponent because you having nothing but anecdotes.

Yeah sorry that wasn't you - that was another poster.
    Fair enough it happens to the best of us.

I had no issues so nobody else did
    AS opposed to your "I had issues, so everyone else did or they are lying"?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The launch for me was really smooth but also i feel like im playing a single player game. I have come across 3 fellow horde players and about 8 alliance players so far and im halfway through Maldraxxus.

Either most people are playing with Warmode off or they sharded way too much.
    I think that last time I turned on WM since the alliance buff was introduced is during past lockdown in march/April/may to farm the rajani war serpent (way more groups with wm on no idea why).

No way I’ll turn it on never ever unless to do that kind of stuff again.

I even level alts with wm off. Stuck into PvP servers since day one of Vanilla, now I’m enjoying the game the safe and relaxed way.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    AS opposed to your "I had issues, so everyone else did or they are lying"?
    Where i have i claimed such a thing.

Where i have i claimed such a thing.
    There have been more than a few doing that. It goes both ways.

For me, yes. Smoothest ever and I took part in all. Sill, keep in mind I started playing like 5h after the launch, so no idea what was like during the few first hours. gg bliz.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There have been more than a few doing that. It goes both ways.
    Of course, the larger thing at play here is just the nature of how people interact on these forums.

Not to mention the many variables at play, i know one group of people who couldnt get into their server for several hours because of issues, yet other people were playing fine on those servers. Someone might come on and say xxxx server had no problems, yet there may have been many people who that person has no interaction with who it could be the worst launch experience for because of issues on same server.

Sharding does sometimes causes issues of it's own, one player might have a completely different experience when playing simply because they were sharded differently.

Been able to play for an hour now on Draenor EU without much issue. There's delays, sometimes to a point where you dread being DCed, but stable enough for such a huge server...

The worst part so far has been Bolvar's voice... He sounds like a basement-dwelling, chain-smoking old man, not at all how I remember his voice.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-11-24 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA launch went MUCH smoother for Kazzak EU. This has been pretty awful. Disconnects, server going offline, database changes being extremely slow, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    BFA launch went MUCH smoother for Kazzak EU. This has been pretty awful. Disconnects, server going offline, database changes being extremely slow, etc.
    Pretty much this. Kazzak EU is a shitshow at the moment

I want to say yeah probably.

I'm on area 52 so it was a mess for me, was logged in several hours early and then the game kept repeatedly disconnecting me / my friend and even when we were able to get in there was incredible lag. But I can't really blame them considering area 52's population.

Seems like other medium / small pop servers were solid.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.