Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Silvermoon and Draenor ar the 2 biggest EU servers, lag and disconnects on major patches and expansion launches are normal, its the price you pay for being on the biggest servers.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Classic had 1,300,000.
    Too bad Shadowlands had nearly 1M views at peak.
    Sorry but it is just as popular as any other xpac releases. Maybe more popular.

Classic being peaked just the fact it was Classic. Nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Wod, legion and BFA were better. BFA just had issues after "launch" with zones being laggy as hell

So no. Realm being down for 3 hour and not being able to play isnt "smoothest"
    WoD had been unplayable for like 3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less players = smoother launches.
    1M views at just Twitch Platform, and just EU/US players. Pretty sure WoW is more then fine on Subs still though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Legion was better

15+ Year Old Account
    What smooth? 10000 queue in kazzak right after kazzak restarting from freezing at least 3 times in 24hours...

I heard Illidan had problems but that's to be expected on a realm that large.

I'm still DCing randomly. Sometimes I'll login and DC right away, sometimes after like 10s, sometimes I'll scan the AH and DC
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'm on a medium population server (US) and launch was at 5pm my time. The only issue I had was the first minute or two after they flipped the switch when everyone was trying to click the portal. I had WM on and once I caught up with my group we cruised through Maw, Bastion, and Maldraxxus with only a couple minor issues. This is by far better than my last few experiences with launch day shenanigans. This is my personal experience though, your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    1M views at just Twitch Platform, and just EU/US players. Pretty sure WoW is more then fine on Subs still though.
    Not to mention Reddit. 2.4k on Classic, 10 times that many on the real sub last night and earlier today.

I personally have never seen so many online in r/wow before.

OT, I was booted and back in a queue. Lovely.

been in queue for 3½ hours now, great launch

Yeah, Draenor EU not so much. I don’t mind the 3 hour queue, that’s what you get for playing on a full server, but crashing everytime you get close to logging in and the server going offline all the time... not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Op must be joking.

I got stuck in DC loops for an hour just trying to do the quest chain to leave Azeroth. Then by the time I got to bastion it happened again while trying to turn in a quest, the quest hand in kept dcing me. I kept getting random DC's all the way through bastion. I assume everyone went to sleep by the time I hit maldraxxus and it was laggy as shit but fine.

This launch has been just as much of a pathetic joke as every other expansion launch, and I'm not even mad because it's to be expected.

So from reading the comments here:

If you are on a high population server, you might have a bad time. For everyone else, its been a pretty smooth ride.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    So from reading the comments here:

If you are on a high population server, you might have a bad time. For everyone else, its been a pretty smooth ride.
    Kinda, but that shouldn't be an excuse on Blizzard's end. They should build servers with more than enough capacity. They should be able to put every account in the game into one server, one zone, in one SPOT, all casting their flashiest spells together and not have a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    NE Server. East Coast. Launch was perfect. Flawless!

Just like another day in Azeroth. You would even know anything new was happening. no lag, no spikes, very enjoyable. Plenty of items, mobs, etc to get the quests done.

A few guildies had some server and toon issues, but overall, it was flawless for me and my group.

BLIZZ!! A++++ launch guys!

Classic had 1,300,000.
    classic is better to watch than to play
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I didn't have any issues, but I did start 2 1/2 hours later. Little lag spike a few hours into it but nothing to really complain about. I think the smoothest one I experienced right at launch was Cata when they announced you wouldn't even have to log off for it to go live. Everyone was surrounding the mount trainers for flight, it went live and then I hit a pretty large lag spike. When that was over, there wasn't anything noticeable. It was good, for at least the people who were already logged in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I went to sleep before release yesterday and then played all day starting from early morning. Everything absolutely smooth. Lvl 58, no major bugs found yet. Best launch so far.

I had no issues on Legion when it came out . Had a 3 hour delay on Draenor when bfa came out , but dear God , shadowlands was and stil is nightmare on Kazzack on Eu. Long ques , lag till the point when you have to wait 1 min to open a quest to read , black screens , unable to change realms to play on alts on low populated realms , etc, and the worst part is falling behind my guild mates that by chance manage to not get dc or grab a place on the server. This is the worst expansion lunch in years since the time of wod , mits of pandaria.
    Last edited by Calauza; 2020-11-24 at 10:34 PM.