Page 8 of 876 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It is a waste of time, for me, since you have complete lack of self awareness of how big a hypocrite you are. But you keep clutching your pearls about Biden while missing the complete obvious.
    You have yet to point out anything hypocritical as to anything I said. You somehow seem to think that I defend Trump.
    Its like you can't grasp that people who are way to the left of both US parties exist. We can do this thing where we hate both of them. crazy right? Thats like saying you can't dislike both soggy bread and a turd.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-11-24 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    You have yet to point out anything hypocritical as to anything I said. You somehow seem to think that I defend Trump.
    Its like you can't grasp that people who are way to the left of both US parties exist. We can do this thing where we hate both of them. crazy right?
    How do you feel about censorship? How does ignoring people who disagree with you, relate to ignorance?

FYI: Saying Trump lost, to ignore that he is actively defunding social security, while projecting what Biden will do to blame... isn’t hating both. It very clearly isn’t hating both...

Edit: Oh and the “we”... noice... I only say “we”, when I mean “me”... when my Symbiote is in control.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-24 at 08:45 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Its like you can't grasp that people who are way to the left of both US parties exist. We can do this thing where we hate both of them. crazy right?
    I didn't point out hypocrisy, @Felya did, actually several times now, which you ain't responding to, because well.... no self awareness

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't point out hypocrisy, @Felya did, actually several times now, which you ain't responding to, because well.... no self awareness
    I have had him on ignore for months, so I suppose it has to be your job to back up your own claims. Or are you going to pretend I ever defended Trump on anything now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Biden/Harris administration need to perform well above expectations in the next two years. Otherwise, the combination of the current election map (Fig. 1) and the fact that next year the GOP has control of the redistricting of 188 congressional seats vs. 73 seats controlled by Democrats will make 2022 and 2024 elections very challenging for Democrats.

I’ll repeat again, the fact that Democratic voters are concentrated in urban and dense suburban counties make them very vulnerable to gerrymandering. Also, that 6.1M popular votes advantage that Biden has over Trump does not sound so overwhelming anymore when you consider that a single state (CA) gave Biden a 5M votes advantage.

Somehow, Biden/Harris need to come up with policies that will bring the rural voters into the Democratic party. I am not sure that it is possible.

Fig. 1
    *SCREECHING WHISTLE*

Flag on the play.

Mistaking land for people. Land doesn't vote. People do. Posting a geographical map to try and make a point about demographics is at the very least indirectly misleading.

Something like the pointilism map, where each vote is given a point and the density appears accordingly, gives a better idea of distribution, and especially, exactly how much of that space that typically gets colored in red is, in practice, just empty space;

To be clear, that's a 2016 map, so it's not for this election, but we haven't got finalized data yet so such graphics have yet to be produced. The underlying point is still screamingly relevant, though; Republicans like posting geographical county-based maps, because a map with a big county with a comparative handful of voters looks more influential than a densely populated urban county, leading to an image that leans much more favorably in their direction.

Rural voters make up something like 20% of Americans, at best. They're not some giant minority that control the fate of urban America.

And frankly, the Democrats have created policies which would be better for rural Americans than the Republicans' offers. Rural Americans largely don't care; they vote on unrelated factors. Like blind partisanship and ugly racism and misogyny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had him on ignore for months, so I suppose it has to be your job to back up your own claims. Or are you going to pretend I ever defended Trump on anything now?
    He doesn’t have to type what I said twice... it’s not his job to burst the bubble you built for your self.

Edit: Please don’t spam the forum by replying to me, just so people who have me on ignore can see it. Yes, it’s called spam... I don’t care if they see it... I can literally make up what ever I want and they will never repute it... What I choose to say is a testament to why I am on ignore...

Edit 2: I was too late... damn it... saw it coming...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Flag on the play.

Mistaking land for people. Land doesn't vote. People do. Posting a geographical map to try and make a point about demographics is at the very least indirectly misleading.
    That’s not what he means... What’s gerrymandering and how is the land structured benefit to the party doing the gerrymandering?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-24 at 08:56 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I have had him on ignore for months, so I suppose it has to be your job to back up your own claims.
    oh, well than, having someone on ignore, doesn't block quotes, so here ya go, me backing up my claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How do you feel about censorship? How does ignoring people who disagree with you, relate to ignorance?

FYI: Saying Trump lost, to ignore that he is actively defunding social security, while projecting what Biden will do to blame... isn’t hating both. It very clearly isn’t hating both...

Edit: Oh and the “we”... noice... I only say “we”, when I mean “me”... when my Symbiote is in control.

How about you calling lefties you disagree with right wingers, while defending actual altright? How about complaining about Biden cutting social security, but Trump actively defunding social security, gets a ‘he lost, get over it’?

Here is a prediction... People are going to spend a lot of time reminding you that Trump’s executive orders leading up to January 20th, were not Biden’s doing. This is my Miss Cleo moment... you and theo will attempt to blame Biden for shit Trump does in January, hinging on the idea that people don’t realize that Biden didn’t become president until the 20th... you will do it multiple times... to the point it will be a cliche.
    Uhm... the reason he and a lot of others call you a hypocrite, because you project Biden’s neoliberalism, while ignoring what Trump is actively doing. You asking to ignore Trump, while justifying Biden in context of what you consider neoliberalism, as a tankie... is pretty silly.
    No, the excuse that Biden isn’t president, won’t work then...

Trump is still defunding social security... do you only care that Biden might? You don’t give a fuck that Trump is doing it?

Trump is actively defunding social security... like literally right now... Yet, you guys want to talk Biden? Hypocrite...

What issue with Bill and Medicare do you have:
    https://clintonwhitehouse5.archives....tyears-07.html
    Job done. also added benefit of adding to the growing list of Felya notification number.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-24 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    *SCREECHING WHISTLE*

Flag on the play.

Something like the pointilism map, where each vote is given a point and the density appears accordingly, gives a better idea of distribution, and especially, exactly how much of that space that typically gets colored in red is, in practice, just empty space;

To be clear, that's a 2016 map, so it's not for this election, but we haven't got finalized data yet so such graphics have yet to be produced. The underlying point is still screamingly relevant, though; Republicans like posting geographical county-based maps, because a map with a big county with a comparative handful of voters looks more influential than a densely populated urban county, leading to an image that leans much more favorably in their direction.

Rural voters make up something like 20% of Americans, at best. They're not some giant minority that control the fate of urban America.

And frankly, the Democrats have created policies which would be better for rural Americans than the Republicans' offers. Rural Americans largely don't care; they vote on unrelated factors. Like blind partisanship and ugly racism and misogyny.
    Thanks for posting this map, i was looking for it.
    I'm really hating the "conventional wisdom" of not winning the vote of open fields. Or the "conventional wisdom" of not winning rural voters. They erase the fact that Biden overwhelmingly won over Navajo, Hopi, Torono peoples.
    Gee why are these people not counted among discussions for rural voters?
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Job done. also added benefit of adding to the growing list of Felya notification number.
    I got infracted for something silly... but, justified... and in my WTF moment, I clicked the post count... it’s all gone...

Sorry @ felya, but that obvious thing you mentioned, it was too hard to pass up. i'll take the hit for spam if needed.
    I get it... I get super defensive about folks on here sometimes. If I didn’t understand the intent, I wouldn’t have realized it might happen.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-24 at 09:01 PM.

Sorry @ felya, but that obvious thing you mentioned, it was too hard to pass up. i'll take the hit for spam if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    I'm really hating the "conventional wisdom" of not winning the vote of open fields. Or the "conventional wisdom" of not winning rural voters. They erase the fact that Biden overwhelmingly won over Navajo, Hopi, Torono peoples.
    He is pointing at gerrymandering and the down ballot vote. This isn’t a popular vote argument...

10+ Year Old Account
    He is pointing at gerrymandering and the down ballot vote. This isn’t a popular vote argument...
    No, its part of the national pastime "Dems R bad at messaging". They flip between Counties or or Gerrymandering to stoke the clickbait.

Shit gets old to explain..... GOP friendly media dominates in those regions. Messaging struggles to get through there.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I don't think it is rural vs. urban. Quite a few rural counties in CA and CO voted overwhelmingly for Biden. Personally it is more a matter of economic opportunity vs. the lack of it.

To address Endus' point, yes land doesn't vote, but having a lot of land allows for easier district gerrymandering to your party advantage. At a state level, where redistricting will be conducted next year, GOP has a major advantage over Democrats. If you go on Twitter, there are already preliminary maps showing how easy it is to convert OH from 14R - 4D to 16R - 2D. The same with FL. Democrats failure to win 2020 at state level and take control of redistricting in 2021 will haunt them for a long time.

Dave Wasserman on Ohio Map.

Florida Map.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-11-24 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I don't think it is rural vs. urban. Quite a few rural counties in CA and CO voted overwhelmingly for Biden. Personally it is more a matter of economic opportunity vs. the lack of it.

To address Endus' point, yes land doesn't vote, but having a lot of land allows for easier district gerrymandering to your party advantage. At a state level, where redistricting will be conducted next year, GOP has a major advantage over Democrats. If you go on Twitter, there are already preliminary maps showing how easy it is to convert OH from 14R - 4D to 16R - 2D. The same with FL. Democrats failure to win 2020 at state level and take control of redistricting in 2021 will haunt them for a long time.
    And the Census run by the Trump shitshow administration will only compound this issue in many states.

And the Census run by the Trump shitshow administration will only compound this issue in many states.
    It does not help. The bottom line is that gerrymandering favors the party with geographic voter support advantage. Those dense urban centers can be sliced and dices in so many ways to neutralize their population size advantage. Here is a perfect example. Cincinnati is split in two, each half paired with a ton of R areas, so that both Cincinnati districts are always Republican.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-11-24 at 10:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno what Hillary Clinton has to do with anything.

You were purposefully misrepresenting Yellen's words. She's often criticized congressional GOP for their austerity policies.

Criticizing the GOP ... something you're unable to do.

But that would be like a trust fund kid criticizing their family for paying for all that college.
    I'm sure we'll see plenty of @Theodarzna in this thread, criticizing every tiny little thing about Biden, including the color of his suit. It's a predictable stark contrast from her complete lack of any criticism for Trump for the last 4 years.

But yes, I find it hilarious that people are already predicting that Biden will drone strike US citizens and cut welfare programs before he's in office. As if they weren't already projecting their egregious biases from the roof tops already, they have to pretend they have a crystal ball to the future of the Biden presidency. And of course, when their predictions don't come true, it will be such delicious egg on their face.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So how are you guys liking the Biden Bump in the stock market?

Dow 30,000 all credit goes to Biden who's already breaking records.

(see Donny took credit for the stock market the second he won the election, so what comes around)

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    So far I am liking Biden's Cabinet picks a lot. Yelen and Blinken are both excellent picks for their roles. Both are extremely respected, no drama, and capable in their fields. Neither are yes-men(or yes-woman), and both will perform well for the nation with minimal fuss. Both will also sail through senate confirmations with no real issue, expect the usual 90+ votes for them.

Both are essential picks for the nation, because both departments have a LOT of repair work to do, and not much time to do it. SecState is going to be one of the hardest jobs in the world in January, so I hope Blinken can hit the ground running, because we can't wait any longer. I am really interested in the DoJ and EPA picks, but these choices make me feel pretty good about it, so I expect competent and respected experts in those fields as well. DoD will be comparatively easy, which is to say still challenging, but it isn't quite as broken as the state department is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    But yes, I find it hilarious that people are already predicting that Biden will drone strike US citizens and cut welfare programs before he's in office. As if they weren't already projecting their egregious biases from the roof tops already, they have to pretend they have a crystal ball to the future of the Biden presidency. And of course, when their predictions don't come true, it will be such delicious egg on their face.
    Biden will absolutely drone US citizens. It is normalized now, and I don't know what it would take to put that cat back in the bag. I expect an expansion of surveillance operations on US soil as well, and I will absolutely fuss about it when it happens. Biden is a huge improvement over Trump, but every President needs to be held accountable, and I have no intention of providing him the sort of blind loyalty that Trumpsters give their idol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    So far I am liking Biden's Cabinet picks a lot.
    Why doesn’t he get his kids and friends jobs? How callous can this man be...

Did you hear about his wife? Instead building tennis courts, creating gaudy decorations and faking to give a shit about Christmas... Biden’s wife will keep working... how selfish...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I'm sure we'll see plenty of @Theodarzna in this thread, criticizing every tiny little thing about Biden, including the color of his suit. It's a predictable stark contrast from her complete lack of any criticism for Trump for the last 4 years.

How does "biden will use drone strike" lead to you people saying he will use them on US citizens? Like that is somehow the problem, and not the innocent lives that are lost in those attacks.