starting an Alt before main is 60

So I have a couple profession alts and did the Maw intro quests with two of them to learn new recipes. My main is not 60 yet.

At which point do I have to stop doing quests with alts to be able to switch to "not doing the whole story in order" and do the areas in any order I want. I have activated the flight to Bastion on one of them, is that too far?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So I have a couple profession alts and did the Maw intro quests with two of them to learn new recipes. My main is not 60 yet.

At which point do I have to stop doing quests with alts to be able to switch to "not doing the whole story in order" and do the areas in any order I want. I have activated the flight to Bastion on one of them, is that too far?
    you must complete the campaign at least once,

before you can select the any order method
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have to be level 60, joined a covenant, and done the covenant campaign introduction that makes you an official member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    you must complete the campaign at least once,

before you can select the any order method
    Yeah I know, I should have asked more precise:

At which point do I have to stop questing on an alt now to be able to select the order later, when my main is 60 and unlocked the switching? Or will I be able to switch later even if I'm in the middle of Bastion with an alt before main is 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah I know, I should have asked more precise:

At which point do I have to stop questing on an alt now to be able to select the order later, when my main is 60 and unlocked the switching? Or will I be able to switch later even if I'm in the middle of Bastion with an alt before main is 60.
    You choose whether to do 'normal compaign' vs 'threads of fate' (Where you can level wherever you want, adventuremode style) right after the Maw.

If your alts have finished the Maw and gotten to oribus, its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    You choose whether to do 'normal compaign' vs 'threads of fate' (Where you can level wherever you want, adventuremode style) right after the Maw.

Oh well, I guess I gotta speed up the main char then. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post

Not true you can choose threads of fate at any moment by talking to the npc in oribos once your main unlocks it. It is however permanent and you can’t go back to normal questing when you select it.

The npc is the one you are told to visit on the outer ring when you do the tour.

You can do it at any point of the quest line even at 59 and in revendreth