Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yesterdays hotfix had

So Legion content should be 'ez' now? Havn't tried it myself. Still have enough to do in Shadowlands to not go do old content yet.
    Nice, I'll try it tonight. I hope soloing Argus for mount with skip will be fast like doing Archimonde and Blackhand in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nice, I'll try it tonight. I hope soloing Argus for mount with skip will be fast like doing Archimonde and Blackhand in BfA.
    If anyone has done some Legion raids, please update us. Would love to know if I can go slap Gul'dan and co.

For what it's worth:

I ran Mythic Nighthold yesterday (Nov 25th) and couldn't get past the first boss. Damage of the adds killed me.

Today (Nov 26th) I had no problem killing it. While there was some damage done, the modifier kicked in and healed me back to 100% all the time. I have just killed the first 3 bosses with ease. The 4th boss killed me by imprisoning me in ice. I guess that's just mechanics I wasn't aware of, so you should be OK if you know what you're doing.

Oh: I'm a freshly dinged level 60 BM hunter, in case you want to know. iLvl 130-ish.

Edit: I ran normal Nighthold in the past at level 120. Had a harder time at level 50. Mythic was never an option for me, being undergeared for it. Compared to pre-patch, it took me a bit longer to kill bosses today, but that could also be because of the difference between normal and mythic.

Last thing: tried C'Thun on Nov 24th, stomach killed me. Should be OK now.
    Last edited by Cinderelle; 2020-11-26 at 06:19 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    If anyone has done some Legion raids, please update us. Would love to know if I can go slap Gul'dan and co.
    Definetely fixed, I just tried trash on Antorus and it died pretty easily. Although still bit slow for me so I decided to clear on end of week when I will be better geared. Gul'dan should be cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Definetely fixed, I just tried trash on Antorus and it died pretty easily. Although still bit slow for me so I decided to clear on end of week when I will be better geared. Gul'dan should be cakewalk.
    I have just done Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus, both on normal difficulty. Apart from a few mechanics I wasn't aware of, it was a walk in the park. So I'd say they fixed it.

By the way: glad I finally got to see those raids. Blizzard did an amazing job on both of them. Especially Antorus was a worthy end to a succesful expansion. Now I need to wait another 2 years to solo the BfA raids

15+ Year Old Account
    I barely could kill elesande and couldnt kill illidan on mythic as a mage. I dont know why they had to make it so hard after 8.3 when i would kill them in seconds

Mythic Tomb is basically impossible ass the first boss mechanics still one shot you and he melees for 1.5k a hit. They need to buff the legacy buff

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Mythic Tomb is basically impossible ass the first boss mechanics still one shot you and he melees for 1.5k a hit. They need to buff the legacy buff
    they should make all raids of past expansions considered legacy. no more of this "gotta be 11 levels higher" bullshit. they should also do what they did in wod and just blanket nerf the entire raid with a 40% health and damage reduction

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they should make all raids of past expansions considered legacy. no more of this "gotta be 11 levels higher" bullshit. they should also do what they did in wod and just blanket nerf the entire raid with a 40% health and damage reduction
    You're confusing two different things.

Legacy damage buff is when number squish happen, because Blizzard don't want to bother adjusting numbers from older expac (with exception of expac that is current during pre-patch), so they just buff your damage here. They have hotfixed it for Legion, but for BfA it will be in 10.0 IF we will have another number squish (but looks like we will have it every expac now, from modern expacs on Legion didn't have it).

Legacy loot rules at first was this "gotta be 11 levels higher" thing, but midway through 8.3 Blizzard just enabled it for Legion content. Probably right now it's disabled on BfA stuff and it's stupid, game should reward you if you are able to solo BfA raid boss right now.

I soloed 1st boss in tomb of sargeras today, as a blood DK i took hardly any damage (basically on 100% all the time) bhut it took over 8mins to kill the boss. I did about 5k dps, mainly because there were a few adds.

Surely it should be dying a lot quicker than that?

Scaling is totally F up, if you ask me. Just did normal Tomb and it was an absolute slog on my ilvl 148 warlock. It's like, the game thinks I am attacking a lvl 60. My skills are hitting things in the raid, the same as it would hit a normal lvl 60 mob. I absolutely could not get passed Maiden due to the dps check. Certain skills, like Channel Demonfire, seem to do the damage I would assume they would do, in a lower level raid. Most skills are not though.
    This stuff should be a cake-walk, like Archimond Mythic. Only thing you have to worry about is getting blown off the platform if you could not kill him fast enough.

Edit. Tried first boss Tomb mythic, could not even get him to 70%.
    Only reason I came back, so I could solo it. =(
    Last edited by wsgroves; 2020-11-28 at 02:11 AM.

I tried Mythic Tomb last night and it is indeed a no go for druid (tried feral and guardian).

Damage doesn't feel boosted.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I tried Mythic Tomb last night and it is indeed a no go for druid (tried feral and guardian).

Damage doesn't feel boosted.
    what dps were you doing? because Legion raids definitely have had a dps boost

I have not seen this. My abilities are hitting the mobs for the same as a lvl 60 mob, basically. If I go back to say hfc, those mobs get hit for hundreds of thousands at a time.
    That being said, I am able to heal myself with drain, much more than usually possible. The scaling on it is working correctly. Something is still wrong.
    Last edited by wsgroves; 2020-11-28 at 03:23 PM.

note the 'feel' in there.

I want back to check, yes damage is boosted. ~850 wrath on training dummy as resto. 7k in Mythic Tomb.

But considering how much hp mobs the boss have it doesn't feel boosted when their healthbars aren't really moving.

For comparison I took a quick trip to Blackrock Foundry, 130k wrath 1 shotting mobs, see that you can feel.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I get you Gorsameth. The thing is though, when BFA was current, that made WoD two expansions old. It was a cakewalk once you had a little bit of gear in BFA. Fast forward to today, Legion is two expansions old. It should be somewhere close to the previous standard, as far as solo ability goes.
    I was also able to one shot mobs (not bosses)(dam close tho) BRF, pre-patch even. BRF should be the equivalent to Tomb.
    I get the squish stuff.
    The biggest thing that tells me it is broken is my drain life. Basically first tick brings me back to full health in Legion raids. That means it's hitting way harder, as it should be.
    You would think, oh good, just drain when your health gets low. Problem is, even first boss in MTombs, it's too much incoming.

Most people are jumping the gun here. Once gear becomes easier to obtain and people have a full set of mythic+ gear the difference is going to be felt. Things will be easier at 60.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm having more trouble dealing with a lvl 50 mythic Freehold or Underrot mob than a lvl 60 elite mob. That can't be intended.

Have you tried it Krakan? The buff for legacy raids is clearly not working correctly. I just hope they fix it somewhat soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not fixed from what I can tell. Wasn't able to solo mythic Nighthold as easily as I was able to back in BFA (although with corruptions etc)