Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    "Casuals"
    Meanwhile they have time to farm all day and night and run out of content?
    Casuals my ass...

I don't get this notion of "I nolifed the shit out of the expansion and ran out of content in 4 days but I'm a casual lol".

And yeah, glad that welfare titanforges are gone.

Tbh the game was always like that. Xpac starts. You level. You do some normal / hc dungeons, later m0. You do some reps. Level your professions. There are some dailies and stuff. Raids / pvp season doesn't start until 2-3 weeks in (the last time raids opened instantly was wotlk). There was never "endless content" outside of stupid shit like island grinding in BFA.

I swear people are idiots, they ask Blizzard to be chained to boring content like grinding dailies / world quests / islands all day long? Did people already forget MOP and cries about too many dailies? Early Legion and cries how much grind it requires to get any legendary at all and then it's prydaz?
    casual is not only guy who plays 1 h a day, also the type of guy who play alot but aint capable of doing harder things than farming nazjatar/uldum/emisaries/world quest and they want to be rewarded for it to feel powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    honestly i agree with OP.

WQs arent more/less rewarding then before, but a lot of them are a lot more involved/convoluted to complete. my current favorite is the one where you gotto walk 500 yards in stealth without speedboosts.

torgast = islands. the only reason to do it is the weekly currency. visions at least gave you an item. some anima would be nice too. this is supposed to be the big feature. the worst part is that i doubt it'll become challenging too, i doubt 5 more layers is going to hold up to the 40-50 more ilvls were gonna get.

maw = whats the point? i go to the maw to farm stygia that i spend to be able to farm more stygia? feels completely pointless i'm just kinda assuming the reputation with the vendor will matter for something in the future.
    im atm 175 after m0 farm - wq offer me 155 gear

tell me more about how wq arent less rewarding then in past 2 expansions.

already leveling my alt because i have literaly nothing to do till reset.

I haven't bought the expansion because I was waiting to see how people reacted to it once it was live and from the sound of things that was a smart move. Everywhere I keep hearing that people feel like there is nothing to do. Maybe if Blizzard spent less time on designing (and fixing) systems and more time on creating dungeons, zones, etc. then the game would be in a healthier place. Look, TBC and Wrath were the high point of the game and look at how many dungeons and raids you had at launch of those. It seems there is a lot of progression complexity but not much to do with that complexity. I don't know, I'm an outsider looking in, but nothing here makes me want to buy the expansion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im atm 175 after m0 farm - wq offer me 155 gear

tell me more about how wq arent less rewarding then in past 2 expansions.

already leveling my alt because i have literaly nothing to do till reset.
    haven't WQs always capped out at low ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    casual is not only guy who plays 1 h a day, also the type of guy who play alot but aint capable of doing harder things than farming nazjatar/uldum/emisaries/world quest and they want to be rewarded for it to feel powerful
    It doesn't require 200IQ to do "harder content" in wow. The only reason someone doesn't do it is either lack of time, or lack of willingness. There was literally a guy without hands who completed mythic Nyalotha (wowhead did an interview with him). There's no "ain't capable", there's only don't care or don't want to.

On the other hand, lack of time when someone has 2 jobs and 5 kids means they wouldn't exhaust content so quickly. And for these people gating and catch up mechanisms exist so they don't feel hopelessly behind everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    There are a lot of players who are actually enjoying and loving the content you dislike. From your view nothing but mythic raiding is rewarding.. and that will be open in 3 weeks.
    there is nothing wrong with the content itself (other than the no mount in maw). it's just that there is less reason to do the content than before.

now in the case of WQs, great, ive done way to many of those in the last 2 expansions so a change of pace is nice.

but torghast i'm like, yeah sure i wouldn't mind doing more of this, but the harder layers are locked, repeating existing layers gives nothing at all, and the endless mode isn't there yet either i don't think.

80% of my guild has already leveled alts, back in BFA it was actually a bit of a struggle to fit in the time to level an alt this early. it's just feels weird after 2 expansions of push as hard as you can early on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Elephant in the room: OP doesn't pvp.
    Anyone who complains their power is gated, doesn't PVP, plain and simple. You don't have a 184 pvp trinket or weapon and you're most likely trash at pvp and if someone is trash at pvp how good are they at this game really. You need good reaction times in this game, lets face it; you SHOULD be pvping just for the sake of getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It doesn't require 200IQ to do "harder content" in wow. The only reason someone doesn't do it is either lack of time, or lack of willingness. There was literally a guy without hands who completed mythic Nyalotha (wowhead did an interview with him). There's no "ain't capable", there's only don't care or don't want to.

On the other hand, lack of time when someone has 2 jobs and 5 kids means they wouldn't exhaust content so quickly. And for these people gating and catch up mechanisms exist so they don't feel hopelessly behind everyone else.
    yes everyone could become einstein if they just wanted to, we are all equal
    ppl farm 5 hours emissaries and other dull stuff but cant get party for 30min m+ or few arena queues
    Last edited by heheszek; 2020-11-28 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    yes everyone could become einstein if they just wanted to, we are all equal
    ppl farm 5 hours emissaries and other dull stuff but cant get party for 30min m+ or few arena queues
    Not sure if sarcasm or serious... Nobody asks random Joe to go for MDI / arena championship / world first raiding which would be the equivalent of "einstein".

And tbh this game had always specific structure of max lvl play, if people want to get gear upgrades on classic for example, they have to raid, do dungeons, or nolife farm bgs. There's no kill random boars in plaguelands, loot a top ilvl piece. Also lucrative content always had lockouts / caps. You couldn't get full set of pvp or pve gear in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    no i just want everything at the start
    More accurate now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    because not everything has to give gear. the fact that people whine that they dont want to do something because it has no rewards, then dont do it?
    look at it from a casual perspective. the casual logs in, does one or two callings and queues for an instance. he finishes the instance and got nothing except ~300g. as he did the instance a few times already, you couldn't even RP yourself out of this since the "threat" was already being dealt with. now, he knows he is sometimes unlucky and queues again. this time he maybe gets an item and surely it is a dupe => a few more gold. after this he had about 1.5 hours depending on the group and queue times and got -nothing-.

not anima as the main resource the shadowlands went to hell, not a good item to improve his power, not even some currency like JP/VP to give this activity some meaning. i mean: do you find yourself purposeful when you do a dungeon (which is THE single most rpg thing to do since rpgs) and not receive anything for it? every time invest somehow gets you something, that is the carrot that we all chase.

battlegrounds give some honor or chests for example. why isn't there any incentive to play instances to justify the time spent other than horrible RNG? i have no guild or friends so i am stuck with DF/RF and every boss kill with just a few coins in 'em really frustrates.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

i already quitted, i did not even last a week. The time gating just sucks.
    Your complaining about not needing to rush and sort your characters out within the first few resets, having a few weeks before raids and stuff open allow you to sort out everything you need, if you have done most things on your main put some work on an alt simple as that.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

4 days after releasing new expansion: "if you have nothing to do, just play another game and wait for weekly reset for next week gating"

Its crazy how low amount of content Shadowlands provide right after expansion. Even all the story is gated... I bought a full game to get a demo and paying sub while waiting for full version... Fuck you Blizzard

i dont want to play an alt, i want to play my character. It's just sad that i hit a wall this early and it's pretty weird (well i guess it's expected) to have so many blizzbots in here defending that there is simply no content in this expansion.
    This has to be your first expansion ever played. We’ve been time gated in a good majority of expansions we have gotten. This one isn’t a week old yet. Still have raid to open up, rated bgs, more covenant activities etc. Do bits here and there and play a different game or do something else. Follow that and you’ll have loads to do over the week. Play wow constantly and you’ll burn yourself put in no time. What do you even mean “play your character” anyway?

very mature.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont want to play an alt, i want to play my character. It's just sad that i hit a wall this early and it's pretty weird (well i guess it's expected) to have so many blizzbots in here defending that there is simply no content in this expansion.
    Every expansion now does this its nothing new, they do it so your not forcing yourself to play the game way too much because you want everything now instead of doing it slowly overtime, i bet you still have not done everything you can do on your main character either.

WoW is not a game where your are supposed to have everything in the first week otherwise it would be a very boring game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

its a huge let down, even more with DH nerfed to the bone

They said the number of items dropping will be limited. Maybe its just me but the drop rate is much higher than BfA. I get something out of each dungeon. The drop rates are too high.

Bwahahaha....oh wait you are serious
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

they are doing it to keep people subbed for longer, because they know that the content here is not enough to keep people.
    I can't believe a company would try to make money off of customers. It's shocking, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Those complaints can and should dismissed. imagine if the makers of cyberpunk 2077 got complaints about having to play their game... Hey cdprojekt your game is too rewarding we cant stop playing it lmao..
    can other players of SINGLE PLAYER game like Cyberpunk get advantage over you by having more time to play?
    bcs in WoW, and other MMORPGs they actualy can... so comparing it with SP game is reaaaly stupid...
    especialy since SP games are not meant to be played for months, MMORPGs are... how people still not get this after 16years of wow is beyond my understanding...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    This one amazed me too :-)
    In order to enjoy WOW, we have to play another game! Looool
    i would say it was more in a vein of "you can do OTHER things than nolifing wow" rather than "do other things to enjoy wow"...which tbh, is true

- - - Updated - - -

well yea? im still playing the game.
    yeah a lot to do in classic! you can run raids and battlegrounds ...and thats it actualy
    battlegrounds (more of them) you can do on retail too and in a week you can raid too, and on top of that few other things... but sure, SL have no content and classic have a lot of it
    must be nice to live in your own reality
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-11-29 at 05:00 PM.