Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Torghast is not meant for freshly 60 new players tho. Those players should group up and explore together.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Nope...the boss hit like a truck and i got majority of bad powers.

2 physical avoidance in Blade Dance
    1 physical immunity

Boss was a mage! Plot twist and famous last words.
    you get like 20 powers till you get to the lvl3 boss. If you had trouble on a mage boss with DH, you were doing something really wrong like straight up wasting interrupts and stuns, not using utility.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I never hate on anyone. That said: Way to elude a question ^^

Feels bad about what? I linked your thread, where you totally misbehaved. But maybe you feel bad about yourself....?
    That's his shtick. He loves avoiding the questions asked of him in return asking you a question.

You can actually die in the layers of Torghast currently available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    That's his shtick. He loves avoiding the questions asked of him in return asking you a question.
    Sirbeef...he already had this discussion with me and i replied to him.
    He decided to have round 2. And he will for sure want round 3 and 4 and 5.
    I just cant win.

NOT a complaint thread
    I just think is funny and maybe worth discussing

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.
    Maybe you should teach him the basics of how his class works, then. Because lower levels of Torghast are barely harder than world questing.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    you get like 20 powers till you get to the lvl3 boss. If you had trouble on a mage boss with DH, you were doing something really wrong like straight up wasting interrupts and stuns, not using utility.
    Oh...i might rush to last boss and dont explore at all though :S

Sirbeef...he already had this discussion with me and i replied to him.
    He decided to have round 2. And he will for sure want round 3 and 4 and 5.
    I just cant win.
    It's my experience with you as well. I'm almost certain you never answered him directly.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSwiss View Post
    Holy hell the gauntlet has been thrown.
    mmo-c lives in his head rent free

NOT a complaint thread
    I just think is funny and maybe worth discussing

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.

There is absolutely no way in hell other Newbies can clear it.
    Just the other day...i, Shadowpunk (best player EU kappa), almost had a heart attack on last boss of the 3rd section...as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    I only got physical avoidance on my abilities........and the boss ended up being a mage with insane cast damage.

And no matter what you do...dont go as a party of 2 DPS'ers without any hybrid healing class...the boss scales up and hits like a truck sometimes.

----

Kinda surprised...Torghast really makes you "git gud or get boosted"
    Why not? Good or not so good player, the boss will still hit for 25% for hp .. so it's mostly a gear and luck along the way check. Kind of disappointed ... was hoping for a mechanical challenge rather than a luck check.

It really all depends on class, my Destruction Warlock can almost sleepwalk level 3, because of using Voidlord to tank, all my shielding and healing mechanisms and the ability to whittle down large groups with my AOE Rain of Fire and Cataclysm, add to the the fact I can skip all the trap rooms simply by using my demonic portal. However, after breezing through with my Warlock, I tried the same thing with my Fury Warrior of comparable item level and it was a tedious slog because of the lack of reliable healing, no way to avoid trap rooms, and no real good AOE abilities.

Seeing the amount of veteran players that clearly do not understand their class, yea, no I think the issue is not ones' veteran status of their chosen class and more the general lack of knowledge and skill. Like maybe use a CC and cooldowns at time, maybe kill that additional room on floor 2 for those extra 2 abilities, etc.

Edit: Also do it alone, the scaling seems to work like it does in visions, so other people, especially non-dps are a drag.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-30 at 06:13 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Level 2 was suprisingly difficult. Haven't been to level 3 yet. One of the flame traps was just impossible to navigate through, but at least I noticed you could just skip it by taking a long way after I died to it 2 times. I guess you'd need some kind of a blink or super speed to get past it, or then I'm just a Pepega. The last boss almost killed me too. But I didn't find a single HP buff, which seems to be pretty important.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Oh...i might rush to last boss and dont explore at all though :S
    I think most people having issues must not be fully clearing the wings.if you fully clear each wing, by the time you get to the end boss, you’re nearly unstoppable.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So if we are talking about soloing, some classes will have an absolutely easier time than others.
    Playing as a bear, I basically facerolled both layer 3 runs with maybe dropping below 40% HP once or twice (it was the "beholder" eye boss guy who becomes interrupt immune sun-20% and does the armageddon/eye lazer knockback spam cast things).
    I would imagine though, classes without strong healing (like mages) or other DPS specs getting shitty anima effects would cause some serious problems.

Probably gonna do a 5man run this week for funsies, I'm really curious to see how it scales because it could very well be a fun challenge.

I knew nothing of Torghast aside from rudimentary details and completed all 3 layers from both wings at 145

It's not difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I knew nothing of Torghast aside from rudimentary details and completed all 3 layers from both wings at 145

It's not difficult...
    The difficulty of Torghast varies wildly with spec, which boss you get, and which anima powers you see along the way. Your experience may be vastly different from other players experiences, regardless of the skill or gear level involved.

Torghast is RNG, once you've run it a few times and find a build that works you know which powers to pick should they drop. For example on beta at least until the next major patch I cleared level 8 on 190+ ilvl and found a build using roots taking 300% extra damage before it breaks, if you get this and find additional powers which increases the dmg of roots you can literally root an elite, not get in combat and watch it die.

In the beginning for newbies it may be challenging as they don't know their class fully, still got to learn what each mob in Torghast does and find what powers work really well for them and have a clear priority checklist of powers as/when they are presented to you in Torghast.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I got to level 3, I made sure I maximized my power by clearing literally EVERYTHING. I made sure my character was as powerful as possible before going to floor 6. I made the mistake to skip almost everything via stealth and it took all my lives to kill the last boss. Was close to raging, so I realized I was better off grinding some anima powers instead of saving time and skipping stuff.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very hard game