Thread: Torghast sucks

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You need soul ash to craft legendaries and Torghast has legendary ability recipes.

I replayed it on third layer and realized there's no recipe drop for me because it's weekly-gated(?).
    I got an legendary recipe on my second layer 2 run.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Why Blizzard canceled ANY sort of rewards from Battleground for past... 4+ years in the first place? (legion, bfa.... and now we got vendors BACK, finally)

Battlegrounds are like the CORE of World of Warcraft. Many people started playing just because of Battlegrounds. And they literally threw them away. Sad... sad...
    Because BGs can be quite literally 100% AFK'd. All rewarding BGs does is increase botting. The fact that honor is back at all is kind of dumb tbh, you can get the equivalent of heroic dungeon gear without even being at your computer. Even LFR requires you to at least be there pressing buttons so you don't get kicked.

As for the actual topic, we're week 1. Torghast is hilariously easy this week but I imagine by layer 8 it'll be challenging enough to be engaging. And if not you basically don't need to do it after you get your BiS legendary which should only take a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Torghast is fun if you're doing it for the first few times. I couldn't do it on my alts...
    It feels like a Diablo copy. It's fine, but it's getting more generic and boring after first 3-4 runs.
    I had the same problem, had lots of fun clearing it on my mage first time, went to my spriest and it already lost its charm for the reasons OP posted more or less, I was thinking how I have to do it one more time on my DK, or almost every reset until I get most legendaries.

Honestly the only fun I'm having while doing it a 2nd time on the priest is /1. it's all bants and jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    As for the actual topic, we're week 1. Torghast is hilariously easy this week but I imagine by layer 8 it'll be challenging enough to be engaging.
    If they keep gating it like this, it won't. I tried layer 8 on the beta with like a 160ilvl character, it was really tough. But after hearing that they'll timegate the layers, I was afraid that by the time they open layer 8 you're already decked out in heroic~ raid gear and the challenge will not be there as you mow down everything.
    Last edited by CylomDashti; 2020-12-01 at 06:39 AM.

I'm having tons of fun in Torghast. Love it so far. To each his own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    How about reserving judgement on a heavily gated feature until we've seen how it plays out? This is an extremely harsh verdict on something that is clearly an integral part of the gearing progression due to its role in legendary acquisition. The runs I've done were pretty varied and quite entertaining. There were treasures to find, new companions for the adventures to unlock, bosses to fight and fun powers to explore. The challenge will come in higher layers.
    A lot of people have already seen the "fleshed out" version on the beta, so unless they managed to cram a bunch of new stuff in their during their crunch to make the game playable (of which they honestly didnt do a very good job, still a bit confused why people claim this was a smooth launch, but thats off topic), there is definitely more to it, and as ur characters scaling gets wacky similar to Risk of Rain 2, once u have picked up 17 25% increased aimed shot damage or w/e common anima power for you class, it gets a bit interesting cuz it changes ur class depending on the power ups u get, and u stack.

That being said, it is simply a shitty risk of rain, the anima powers are not created equal, and some classes are definitely more fun than others and develop in interesting ways, while something like Rogues or Hunters mostly just get damage multipliers, this also heavily depends on ur covenant ofc.

but theres a lot less variety, and as a roguelite fan with hundreds of hours in some rogue lites, and thousands in others (Binding of Isaac, Risk of Rain 2) its pretty disappointing having to do this "Chore" for my legendaries on all of my chars (of which im forced to play cuz of the covenant system, currently have 3 rogues, since I need 1 sub for Raids, 1 Outlaw for Dungeons and 1 Sub but for PVP) but i can see the appeal to people who are newer to the roguelite genre. such as one of my friends, who pretty much only play wow, and hates single player games.

Still think its silly to put worse versions of other games into wow all the time, its a pretty boring trend, shrug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tubben View Post
    I got an legendary recipe on my second layer 2 run.
    the halls change every week. and specific legendary memories drop from specific halls, for example as Sub I will need to wait for Skoldirs hall or w/e its called, which is not there this week should be 100% drop rate afaik, but u just need the correct "hall" on the weekly rotation.

The worse thing about it is you can spend 30 minutes and then wipe with nothing to show for it. At least let the floors give you gold or something.

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    I truly hope you eventually find the peace and satisfaction you need from your own life as opposed to worrying about others. <3

OT: I like Torghast, but I wanted it to be more, which might actually come from the floors unlocking eventually, so I'll reserve final judgement for a few more weeks I think
    external affirmation is a core part of human psyche while relying on it too much is definitely not good, pretending it isn't is just being ignorant, all about Balance friendo

You do realize we'll have ~+60 ilvls difference then?

+ 2-3 conduits

+ covenant "talent tree" unlocked

+ 2-3 legendary effects

+ bis trinks/stats

+ consumables (lets be honest... who used them now?)
    You do realize that layer 8 is coming out in only 2 weeks, right? December 8th, a week from now, layer 4-6 open, then December 15, two weeks from now, layers 7 and 8 open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    You do realize we only have 2 wings open this week? next week there will be 2 others... i did notice a difference in the current 2 wings, one seemed to be heavy on traps while the other one is heavy on mobs.

Not sure what level did you get to, i cant get past level 3 boss because of gear.... and probably class too, some have stronger buffs in there than others.

The bosses need proper mechanics, right now its just a dps race... and being low geared (not mythics) i can clear the entire level just fine until last boss which then is akin to hitting your face on a wall because there just isnt enough dps to kill it. (due to the stupid stacking dmg buff they get, kiting wont help reduce it so theres no way to "outplay" it, its just a pure dps race)

Even had that 1.5 minute immunity buff on first try, it ran out when the boss was around 50%. Its unfortunate how yet another good idea goes down the same path of gearing-check, and worst part is you have no idea of knowing if you have enough gear until you reach the final boss.
    gear is not the issue, current item levels the scaling between itemlevel 151 (Craftable BoE that costs next to nothing) and 184 M+0 loot will barely increase ur dps. did my first run on one of the potentially worst classes for it at itemlevel 134, which was on a rogue, with Night fae, this means there is only 1 dps increase anima power u can realisticly get and rely on, and thats 25% increased evis damage.

u are simply not picking the correct power ups, or u need to be better at clearing the previous floors to make sure u obtain the power ups you require in order to beat the last boss, usually u should always focus on Single target DPS, since the bosses are the real cock block, not the trash. you can always just go slower with the trash, but as u mentioned, u are on a timer on the boss mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There was a very large change from BfA to SL.
    what change?

Torghast tower it's really fun but If blizz won't add loot 170 - 210 from torghast, torghast will be something like isles from BFA

loots only after killing big boss
    - 1item at 6 and 12 floor
    - 2items at 18floor

ilvl from infinity torghast (18floors)
    layer 1 - 168ilvl
    layer 2 - 174ilvl
    layer 3 - 180ilvl
    layer 4 - 186ilvl
    layer 5 - 192ilvl
    layer 6 - 198ilvl
    layer 7 - 204ilvl
    layer 8 - 210ilvl

normal torghast tower (with soul ash) should have 1 item for entire party, infinity torghast aka 18 floors - 4 items
    moreover adding loot from torghast to great vault will be also good move - we ppl will have one more time spender in game, so we will have one more option - m0, raids, pvp or torghast

please do this ...

my success run from beta (201ilvl, solo, mage) - died many times at start 1-4 floors and many times at 13-16floors
    at lower levels you don't have anima and at high levels EVERYTHING can one shoot you (even 1 skeleton if they explode near you and you don't have anima for 3 shields/barriers, more hp and better/stronger shields/barriers)
    when you pull 3 adds (2 elites and 1 random add) - "normal pack" at higher levels and you don't have BIG CDs and/or TW you die
    if you gets debuff -100% to absorb and healing you die useless you can run fast and have Invi
    if you don't have "65% fire resi anima" you lose ~10-12% hp every 5sec (really...)
    layer 8 - 18 floors 4.5h - 5h (solo) - normal run

infinity torghast without real reward (only mount right now at "8 layer") its useless - and yes its still fun but without any reward it will be: "do this one time and forget"
    Last edited by Nehem; 2020-12-01 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    - There's almost no variation in levels. Maybe they are random (I have not replayed them), but I grow tired of watching them.
    - The monsters are nothing special. You see them over and over again and they have the same abilities.
    - The buffs are nice and some are fun to use, but you start seeing them repeat very often.
    - The challenge. What challenge? Once I get my 1250 Soul Ash for the quest to see where it leads to, I won't be coming anytime soon, if ever (if not absolutely needed, but I'm a casual, so not gonna happen).

Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.
    you will be coming since you need it to upgrade your bis legendary to 4th level.

then ofc you can just ignore it

but i agree - completly boring and faceroll experience - dont know why people say L3 is hard - didnt face any issues even with boss.

i guess its one of those git gud mini games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    torghast is the most fun i have had in wow... content you can run solo... that has no timers... is infinitely repeatable... what's not to like? i have run several runs more than i needed to because i like it... i can't wait until the twisting corridors open up...
    ye this is why many people face problem i guess.

take a tank with you of you are pure dps class instead trying to do it solo on week 1. you will speed up run of tank and he will faceroll endboss for you . win win

why so many people decide to play mmorpg content that is designed for group solo. crazy imo.

God forbid we have content we don't have to farm forever and can play if we want to becuase it is fun, which i think it is and many i know too.

The moment there is a loot reward you are basically FORCED to do it until you have bis. Now you only need to do it until you have your 1-2 legendaries you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsyek View Post
    You do realize that layer 8 is coming out in only 2 weeks, right? December 8th, a week from now, layer 4-6 open, then December 15, two weeks from now, layers 7 and 8 open up.
    you dont need to clear L8 to be able to progress your cloak - yes it will take longer but you can easily progress it on L4 or 5 . or if someone compeltly sucks and refuses to do even m0 for gear they can just farm L2 for 3 weeks for r2 cloak. there will be 4 wings each giving you 220 ash so 880 ash a week .

remember there are diminishing returns on ash - f...ck know why which actually punish good players - as someone who plays godlike spends there insane amount of time and who will clear all 4 wings on 8s will only collect like 2k ash a week .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-12-01 at 07:53 AM.

It is HUGE waste of time.
    All video games are a waste of time. That's the entire point.

Battlegrounds are like the CORE of World of Warcraft. Many people started playing just because of Battlegrounds. And they literally threw them away. Sad... sad...
    PVP has always been a secondary activity. Battlegrounds even moreso. The only PVP thing that even comes close to being a major activity is arena. Everything else is vestigial.

They're such a core to WoW they didn't even come out at launch.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I'll be honest I've only done a couple of the levels so far, it really seemed nice to me

It's possible it's too easy for you OP, the increase is toughness should happen soon though so you can have a challenge
    makes one wonder why its gated to begin with... Surely the gear we have is the only limiter we need when it comes to thorgast progression?

I think blizzard made thorgast DOA with the gatings they set.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlowrider View Post
    The worse thing about it is you can spend 30 minutes and then wipe with nothing to show for it. At least let the floors give you gold or something.
    Yesterday I died twice due to pulling a bit too much in layer 3, then on floor 5 the servers lagged twice and I got killed by that melee guy with the charged cone attack. Man I was so pissed, wasted 2 hours.

By far the most fun PvE-content WoW has imho.

Even better than Mythic+ and Raids.

I just love it and hope they expand that stuff a lot with lots of new traits.
    They don't have to balance shit in there and you can just enjoy building stuff up.

Can't wait for the endless mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    [b]

infinity torghast without real reward (only mount right now at "8 layer") its useless - and yes its still fun but without any reward it will be: "do this one time and forget"
    I like how difficult you say it is, I didn't get to play the twisted corridors so this makes me a lot more interested. and even if it takes 4.5-5 hours, I think that's perfect even if its a 1 time thing. I'd be happy with a mount or even just an achieve, reminds me of proving grounds on release, I just did the Endless 30 for the achieve and bragging rights. It was a fun one-time thing and I would be happy to have more stuff like this that stay with the game, so if I bring in people to try out the game, they have all these solo challenging stuff that they can attempt.

It is a shame that they removed the mage tower, imo we need more stuff like that and tbh they should scale the player, like how they did in challenge modes, so this type of content is always available no matter how many expansions old it is.

What's not fun is if they leave it when we go into the next expansion or if they remove it from the game. I only did the Rogue mage tower for example because I thought they were all the same for all the classes. And I didn't enjoy that the greenfire quest/Brawler's guild becomes much muuuuch easier once you gear up, scale the player down or have damage done and taken be in %s.
    Last edited by CylomDashti; 2020-12-01 at 08:09 AM.