Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Did they retcon Titans size?

Hey everyone, its been established in the lore that the size of the titans are as big as planets or something like that correct?

The ones we see in Legion expansion are not in their original bodies because Sargeras killed them correct?

But what about the eternal ones? why their size are similar to the titans at the end of legion expansion?

The titans are the pantheon of order, the eternal ones (Winter Queen, Zovaal, Denathrius, etc, etc) are the pantheon of death correct? so they are suppose to be similar in powers but somehow their size are much smaller? specially after the confirmation of the winter queen being a sister to certain someone ? they are definately related to the titans.

Why do you assume the Eternal Ones must be the same size as Titans? Titans are that size because they are birthed from an entire planet, we don't know the Eternal's origins. Also, no one was "confirmed" to be the Winter Queen's sister. It's all still theories and speculation on who that is.

Also, how do you know they can't become larger?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's properly discussed, but my interpretation is that they are naturally as big as a planet, as we saw Sargeras, but they can choose to take a smaller form, as we saw in the Antorus ending cinematic.

Eternal Ones may be similar in power or role, but nobody said anything about their size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

5+ Year Old Account
    Here's my head canon: The realms (Ardenweald etc) ARE the Eternal ones. The Winter Queen is just an avatar. She IS Ardenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why do you assume the Eternal Ones must be the same size as Titans? Titans are that size because they are birthed from an entire planet, we don't know the Eternal's origins. Also, no one was "confirmed" to be the Winter Queen's sister. It's all still theories and speculation on who that is.

How do we know we aren't as large as planets in the realm of death?

Everything is relative.

The Titans can change their size to suit their needs, they can even make new bodies for themselves (as they did before the Argus fight). There is very few things they cannot do.

It would be awkward to have cutscenes with the player character talking to Eternals that are the size of a planet. It's like what happened with the Old Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It would be awkward to have cutscenes with the player character talking to Eternals that are the size of a planet. It's like what happened with the Old Gods
    .....what happened with the old gods? Tbh nothing was changed other than illuminating what they were. People had so much head canon based on lovecraft that was never confirmed like the assumption they "can't be killed" when in this reality they're basically parasitic sperm that was shot into a toilet that just so happened to lead somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    How do we know we aren't as large as planets in the realm of death?

Everything is relative.
    Your mom is the size of of a planet.
    (had to, sorry).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    .....what happened with the old gods? Tbh nothing was changed other than illuminating what they were. People had so much head canon based on lovecraft that was never confirmed like the assumption they "can't be killed" when in this reality they're basically parasitic sperm that was shot into a toilet that just so happened to lead somewhere.
    As in their size. They are supposed to be these huge creatures that spread across a continent. What we got ingame isn't what they are supposed to be. Then again, it makes sense due to gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, its been established in the lore that the size of the titans are as big as planets or something like that correct?

The ones we see in Legion expansion are not in their original bodies because Sargeras killed them correct?

But what about the eternal ones? why their size are similar to the titans at the end of legion expansion?

The titans are the pantheon of order, the eternal ones (Winter Queen, Zovaal, Denathrius, etc, etc) are the pantheon of death correct? so they are suppose to be similar in powers but somehow their size are much smaller? specially after the confirmation of the winter queen being a sister to certain someone ? they are definately related to the titans.
    https://youtu.be/dMBQtLehSdw
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    As in their size. They are supposed to be these huge creatures that spread across a continent. What we got ingame isn't what they are supposed to be. Then again, it makes sense due to gameplay.
    Except we literally got that with 8.3, you can see N'zoth's true form in the second last boss area, you fight a smaller version of him INSIDE of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Didn't Winter Queen herself say something like "That one is of my Sister, why should I save her pet" when talking about Ysera's pod thingy? And the extra cutscene showing Ysera's death and the whole moon thing. While sister doesn't always mean actual family relation, she didn't seem too happy about it at first, which shows it's likely not a friendly sister type bond.

It is all speculation still of course until things are directly said, but it's hard not to see the connections they were trying to imply. Ysera was blessed by Elune and sent to Ardenweald, and Winter Queen originally didn't want to save her sister's "pet".

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

The Titans appear to be able to change their size to some degree.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The margraves of maldraxxus could change their size so why can’t other beings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The Titans appear to be able to change their size to some degree.
    Yes but some people forget that the titans we see at the end of Legion expansion arent in their true original bodies. These bodies created by Sargeras as an avatar and even their strength arent the same anymore, they were super weakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Didn't Winter Queen herself say something like "That one is of my Sister, why should I save her pet" when talking about Ysera's pod thingy? And the extra cutscene showing Ysera's death and the whole moon thing. While sister doesn't always mean actual family relation, she didn't seem too happy about it at first, which shows it's likely not a friendly sister type bond.

It is all speculation still of course until things are directly said, but it's hard not to see the connections they were trying to imply. Ysera was blessed by Elune and sent to Ardenweald, and Winter Queen originally didn't want to save her sister's "pet".
    There is just as much evidence for Eonar to be the sister compared to Elune, and before you try to argue about that I dislike that theory too. Neither of these two beings, Elune and Eonar, belong to the Life plane/Emerald Dream. Ysera can be the pet/servant of something she doesn't know. We don't know the true origins of the Emerald Dream or who rules over Life.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Yes but some people forget that the titans we see at the end of Legion expansion arent in their true original bodies. These bodies created by Sargeras as an avatar and even their strength arent the same anymore, they were super weakened.
    While that is correct, they still sit in the seat of the pantheon. And summon Sargaras there to his seat. So, even though they aren't the original bodies, they are comparable to a size the Titans could be.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I thought it was obvious that they can just manipulate their size at will. Here Sargeras is a massive, planet-sized creature:

But here vs. Broxigar he's much smaller:

I mean, if Eredar like Archimonde and Kil'jaeden can do it, there's no reason why the Titans (who are infinitely superior) can't.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-01 at 12:36 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Titans can change their sizes. Though the Eternal Ones are basically Death's counterpart of the Titans and all, their rules don't really have to apply. Who knows though, they may in fact change their size. Hell, Devos went from being smaller than the Archon to straight up just being her size.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I thought it was obvious that they can just manipulate their size at will. Here Sargeras is a massive, planet-sized creature:

But here vs. Broxigar he's much smaller:

I mean, if Eredar like Archimonde and Kil'jaeden can do it, there's no reason why the Titans (who are infinitely superior) can't.
    This Comparison is not even the best one. Legit just look at the Seat of the Pantheon.