Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They had to get breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    so I was doing some normal mode dungeons for the 1st time today to do quests/story.

Dungeon 1 Spires of Ascension - Druid tank bails after 1st boss and group falls apart
    Dungeon 2 Spires of Ascension - War tank bails after 2nd last boss and group falls apart

I sat in queue for 30 mins till I got a full group to kill the last boss... very painful experiance

Im pretty miffed at this point as its week 1 of a new xpac and people are already selfishly bailing when they dont get the drop they want.
    Yes, it is selfish, but is it also very rational.
    You shouldn't blame people for rational behaviour, you should blame Blizzard for making a system where rational behaviour lessens the in-game experience for both those who behave rationally and those who are the "victims" of said rational behaviour.
    Last edited by T-34; 2020-12-01 at 03:24 PM. Reason: grammar

I am confused.. If you are looking for a specifc dungeon, why don't you just queue for that specifc dungeon? If you instant quit you are just going to get locked out which makes grinding even longer.

To be honest usually the tank is the weakest link in the group. Overhearing made for a legion of tanks that act like they are invincible while having the density of a piece of paper.

I've never used bubble hearth ad often as I have in leveling dungeons before as a healer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally hasn’t really happened to me, but then again I que as a healer for instant ques

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Easy fix, if you instant quit out of 2 queues in a day, you are blocked from using the group finder tool for 7 days.
    Yes! And they cut your left hand off!

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Easy fix, if you instant quit out of 2 queues in a day, you are blocked from using the group finder tool for 7 days.
    That would just mean thet stick around for min or 2, easy fix would be that after you have killed the hc boss, the chance for it to drop lege thingy is locked and it wont give it to you trough lfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks it's a good design idea to put legendaries on early bosses, and I expect this will get changed pretty soon.
    True but sad that people in a multi-player game can't stand to do 1 or 2 additional bosses to clean the group content and forces Blizzard to design everything around the last boss, like they did for mounts or many quest items / requirements..
    Last edited by Ninix; 2020-12-01 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Yes! And they cut your left hand off!
    As long as it's the left. Can't carry a shield if you can't pick your shield hand.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and heroics chance is only slightly higher, and if a tank quits they have to wait 15 minutes to queue
    i feel you had this happen ONCE and now say its a thing that always happens
    I'd kinda like to see the numbers. I was doing a fair amount of H-dungeon grinding on Sunday and it was pretty common to lose the tank after the boss they wanted. Also pretty clear on the DPS who were queing as tanks to get to the first boss or two. 15 mins is not much of a wait and is shorter than completing a full run right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and heroics chance is only slightly higher, and if a tank quits they have to wait 15 minutes to queue
    i feel you had this happen ONCE and now say its a thing that always happens
    I've had it happen a couple of times. I've seen more DPS do it however (and those are easily replaced).
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    What genious in there thought to gate behind less than 10% RNG absolutely crucial legendaries? As a result you will queue in the random finder since you are saved and you will insta-quit if it doesn't happen to be the one you want.
    It is clearly the fault of the player for leaving, unless Blizzard happens to magically kick them without their consent.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

People queue as tank to insta-pop queues for guildmates who'd otherwise be waiting for 20mins - that's another big reason a lot of tanks leave the group instantly.

Tanks are so in demand because many people are scared of tanking early expansion as their dungeon knowledge is obviously lacking. If anyone apologises for making a mistake in a random queue a week into Shadowlands, make sure to tell them it's alright & that no-one cares about it as we're all new Last thing you wanna do is scare the nice folks away & be left with even fewer tanks.

If people keep leaving dungeons because of it, blizzard will eventually just move them to only drop off last boss. That is there normal go to fix for this sort of thing.

I also don't blame blizzard for people queue dodging or leaving if they don't get what they want. I blame that person, because ultimately they made the choice to do that. People can justify it anyway they like but it always comes back to a person making a choice.
    Last edited by Rezark; 2020-12-01 at 03:39 PM.

I've been tanking since TBC and dungeon-quitting is an ass move. I only did this due RL reasons or when people start badmouthing each other. I don't mind slower or less-then-perfect runs as long as people are nice to each other and are having fun. If I want something specific, I queue to that specific dungeon. It's selfish to queue for random dungeon and if you don't land in this one specific, you insta-quit.
    This. /tenchar

10+ Year Old Account
    Na, ill blame the doucher tank that quits. This is coming from someone that has always kept a geared tank ready for CTA queues etc. If you leave because you are not happy with which dungeon you got, you are an ass. Also it doesn't penalize the others as they bump to front of the queue. Also typically the tanks that leave like this, are also the belligerent tanks that don't know how to use a defensive and overestimate their ability to tank, so no loss for the group.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

isn't this a mute point? in a week everyone will only do m+ anyways and there you only get your reward at the end. Or are the recipies not dropping in m+?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    That would just mean thet stick around for min or 2, easy fix would be that after you have killed the hc boss, the chance for it to drop lege thingy is locked and it wont give it to you trough lfg.
    I'm sure Blizz could design a logic that identifies people consistently leaving queues, even if they are being cute about waiting a minute or 2 after a specific boss. If they are doing it 5 times a day and every day they leave after the 2nd boss, that easily stands out.

I think an even easier solution would be to only have leggos drop off of the last boss. And keep the the 7 day LF tool ban for the guy who is queuing for random dungeons and quitting when they don't get a dungeon they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I have been tanking all expansion and switched to my heal os yesterday then ran some dungeons to try it out... holy crap tanks are crazy. One chain pulled multiple packs until I was oom, we wiped and actually kicked him.

Several others left after the one boss they wanted was dead.

Highlights two problems: yes a lot of tanks are way too GOGOGOGO but there’s another problem that mystifies me - why are so many melee dps afraid of throwing on a shield and tanking? Yes there’s a slight learning curve but come on guys! I’ve been in LFR runs that wait 40 minutes for a tank while there are 8-10 players who play classes that could swap.

That’s the big issue to me. Just tank yourself, this is so dumb!
    I used to tank in BC. WoLk(and heal and dps), then dps and heals in Cata (mostly dps), play a bit panda didn't do much and came back in Legion and tank a bit and hten dps mostly.

I used to love tanking in BC, WoLk (more or less) and in Cata(beginning). Why? Coz in those expansion dps don't like act like an A hole and if a wipe happens it is expected so the tanks don't get blame. Also back in BC and in beginning in Cata people know how to play their class not just dps dps dps and be top on the meter. DPS actually know what mob/trash need to be CC, intrurept, silence and actually wait for the tanks to mark. Now is just AoE don't need to CC anyone and I don't care. If the tanks pull too slow the dps pulls for you(I am in the you pull it you tank it mind set). Also people have to realize tank make mistakes and sometimes that means you as a dps might have to adjust the play style a little.

Another dps not knowing the fight. I read the adventure guide, watch youtube video but heck 90% of the dps don't. Take the first dungeon. 3nd boss where you have to line up the hook to hook the boss down. I say a good 75% have no idea, then on the first and 2nd boss you are suppose to kill the adds and avoid getting attack again 80% of dps don't care or don't know. And final boss avoid the big circle and keep moving if you see stuff coming down. Nope again over half of the dps just stands there.

I think what ruin it for the tanks is the fact everyone blame them for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been tanking since TBC and dungeon-quitting is an ass move. I only did this due RL reasons or when people start badmouthing each other. I don't mind slower or less-then-perfect runs as long as people are nice to each other and are having fun. If I want something specific, I queue to that specific dungeon. It's selfish to queue for random dungeon and if you don't land in this one specific, you insta-quit.
    This. Lego drops on first boss and I didn't get it? Oh well, gonna continue anyways. Likely I queued for the daily anima and CTA satchel anyways.
    Putin khuliyo