Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    So you leave the other half of the population with a 30% and no inconvenience?
    Am I, as a customer, less valuable than the other because I can actually be inconvenienced by a slower leveling experience, lower world currency gains and eventual PvP griefing en masse if I decide to activate war mode?

Because at the time of writing, war mode is an inconvenience for Horde alone. Since launch, the outskirts of Ven'ari hideout have been littered by Alliance gank squads with little to no retortion from the Horde due to thinner numbers. The situation is more bearable in the morning or late at night. And as much as I enjoy PvP and outnumbered fights, the amount of straight up griefers who wait for odds to be 3:1 really makes you think.

The days of war mode needing to be incentivised are over. Bonuses being equalized to 10% or 30% would be the right move.

Going on a slight tangent, the leaderboards are of extreme interest to me. Alliance has overall stronger racials on paper, but the playerbase is staying mostly Horde.
    Guess it comes down to communities and quality of the aforementioned.
    Your anecdotal evidence vs. mine tells the opposite story. As an alliance player, I turned WM off while leveling despite the bonus, because it just wasn't worth it. I was constantly encountering 5+ man groups slaughtering people at the same or lower level along obvious questing paths and objective zones. It was not even close to being worth it, at 30%.

So, I guess I could ask you the same question. Am I, as a customer, less valuable as a customer because the opposite faction shits on me and blizzard allows it?

Let me answer. No. That's not how it works. I have to opt in to warmode, and if I do so, there is a known risk. On my particular shard, it's not worth it for alliance even at 30% and for horde it's basically a no-risk, zero inconvenience 10% bonus. Blizzard is not responsible for this, or "allowing" horde to shit on me and my leveling experience, and if I persist with WM-on, that's my call. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't understand whats the logic behind alliance getting 30% even tho they are swarming WM right now. It's like 80%-20% alliance horde ratio in WM and they get 30% bonus.
    WM just works wonky. if you look back at e.g. nazjatar, you often ended up on a "horde shard" or "alliance shard", and it seems largely the same for shadowlands.

Most of the people in my guild haven't seen any alliance at all, and personally i've only seen a handfull in the maw on day 1 and none since.

If you do end up on a shard with lots of opposite faction, check out the group finder to see if you can go to another shard. Quest section often has groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    Your anecdotal evidence vs. mine tells the opposite story. As an alliance player, I turned WM off while leveling despite the bonus, because it just wasn't worth it. I was constantly encountering 5+ man groups slaughtering people at the same or lower level along obvious questing paths and objective zones. It was not even close to being worth it, at 30%.

So, I guess I could ask you the same question. Am I, as a customer, less valuable as a customer because the opposite faction shits on me and blizzard allows it?

Let me answer. No. That's not how it works. I have to opt in to warmode, and if I do so, there is a known risk. On my particular shard, it's not worth it for alliance even at 30% and for horde it's basically a no-risk, zero inconvenience 10% bonus. Blizzard is not responsible for this, or "allowing" horde to shit on me and my leveling experience, and if I persist with WM-on, that's my call. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
    So if our experiences are even you're entitled to a bigger biscuit for the same risk because...?

Same on my server + connected. Alliance are about 65% and camping many areas

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    So if our experiences are even you're entitled to a bigger biscuit for the same risk because...?
    No, my point is that our obviously anecdotal evidence is conflicting, and in my scenario even at 30% it's not even close to worth it. So, in that regard, I get no "biscuit" at all, and if you feel the same that your 10% bonus isn't worth it, then you get no "biscuit" either. No one gets a "biscuit." If I choose to turn WM on, I will lose far more time to being dead, running back, and waiting until it's clear to complete or turn in a quest, than I would gain from bonus XP.

Having WM on has a risk, regardless of the bonus you are offered. If you don't like being ganked, you turn WM off, if you want the bonus and then you get ganked, you chose to turn it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    in the lat 3 days, i saw 0 (zero) alliance players in the field.

so there is that.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    No, my point is that our obviously anecdotal evidence is conflicting, and in my scenario even at 30% it's not even close to worth it. So, in that regard, I get no "biscuit" at all, and if you feel the same that your 10% bonus isn't worth it, then you get no "biscuit" either. No one gets a "biscuit." If I choose to turn WM on, I will lose far more time to being dead, running back, and waiting until it's clear to complete or turn in a quest, than I would gain from bonus XP.

Having WM on has a risk, regardless of the bonus you are offered. If you don't like being ganked, you turn WM off, if you want the bonus and then you get ganked, you chose to turn it on.
    Then why not advocating for the removal of the buff in the name of fairness?

The only people doing warmode in shadowlands wants to PVP since the rewards are practically pointless and dying in the maw means you die in real life basically. It's amazing anyone from the Alliance even has it turned on. I went to the maw and just outside the safe zone it was like a war zone out there. The dead souls were literally everywhere and it was glorious. As a ret paladin it's basically best case scenario. If I have to bubble I just steed back into safe zone. lol
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-12-01 at 05:56 PM.

On EU RP realms, at least, it's most definitely a disgrace.

The fact that the Alliance still gets bonuses on top of it it's just yet another something one would except from Blizzard in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand whats the logic behind alliance getting 30% even tho they are swarming WM right now. It's like 80%-20% alliance horde ratio in WM and they get 30% bonus.
    If you believe you are so badly outnumbered you probably should turn WM off.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not the same. There have many evidence here in mmo-champion https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...buff-is-a-joke
    This isn't 'evidence' of anything other than someone whining.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I play on Wyrmcrest Accord and I can play for hours doing WQs and not see a single other Alliance player. Literally just a sea of Horde right now. Obviously I keep Warmode off because it would be suicide to have it on.

Everything is really anecdotal though. My experience is not the same as yours or anyone else's.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    I play on the US RP shard, and it's the same. Alliance swarming here. Thanks Moon Guard.
    I'm on MoonGuard too, and the Alliance are everywhere whenever I'm levelling, or just wandering around somewhere. I'd be hard pressed to find any Horde who ARE wandering around like me lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

War Mode needs to actively reflect the zone ratio of players of both factions present in current shard, and not the overall Regional state.

I honestly find it ridiculous that, for example, Alliance dominated RP realms have free reign to such a huge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Horde complaining about WM lol.
    Imagine being the dominant faction for every facet of the game and still complain. Who passed you in the qeue at the grocery store today?
    The thing is you are not going to be the dominate faction because sharding will make it so either there are alliance and it's equal or you won't see any. Honestly the WM bonus to alliance was a failed experiment, thats why the % is still so high. It was a reaction to the Alliance complaining so the "Horde complaining lol" is really just laughable.

The WM buff has had it's run, but now it's just obsolete.
    Shadowlands has no systems that would make turning it on worthwhile.
    At this point they should just remove the bonus altogether for both factions.

i disabeld WM 1h after i hit 60, it provides 0 bonus to me, 10% isnt worth the hassle on playing 15 alliance to 1 horde shards ive been getting, and the +10% doesnt even increase anima or rep rewards

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    The WM buff has had it's run, but now it's just obsolete.
    Shadowlands has no systems that would make turning it on worthwhile.
    At this point they should just remove the bonus altogether for both factions.
    This.
    When servers were 'PVP' or 'PVE' only, the 'PVP' ones didn't offer anything extra, they just existed.

This is what I would do:
    - remove all xp/gold rewards from War Mode; your only reward for having it on is honor
    - disable the ability to join or form a raid with War Mode active; you are there for PVP, not to raid, so take your happy ass to Org/SW if it's raid time
    - refuse to enable war mode for players if all shards are currently unbalanced; if the closest balanced shard is 2-1 horde and a horde player wants to turn it on, too bad, gotta wait until it gets more balanced

This way, War Mode would effectively go unused and they can finally remove it from the game because it offers nothing but a way for people to grief en masse.

Because for what feels like wayy. WAYYYYYY too many months. At 50 in BfA. Alliance had 10% in WM. While horde had 30%. Do you think Alliance player wants such garbage decrease sooo massive amount of months? no ofcourse not.

Therefore blizz gave them 30% at 60, to stop the crying from alliance players in WM about horde getting higher increase.

You can't have 2 cakes with blizz. There must always be 1 cake that is more tasty than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Because for what feels like wayy. WAYYYYYY too many months. At 50 in BfA. Alliance had 10% in WM. While horde had 30%. Do you think Alliance player wants such garbage decrease sooo massive amount of months? no ofcourse not.

Therefore blizz gave them 30% at 60, to stop the crying from alliance players in WM about horde getting higher increase.

You can't have 2 cakes with blizz. There must always be 1 cake that is more tasty than the other.
    Horde never had 30%.

So today there were 30 horde on the screen at once.

I was the only alliance.

Then later, there were 15-20 horde on the screen at once.

I, still, was the only alliance.

Every single place I go, there are 15-30 times more horde than there are alliance.