Thread: Torghast sucks

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    How the fuck am I bad at the game? I finished all the available floors with no issues at all, not even a single death.
    Torghast sucks and you need a reality check (or just new at the game).
    Opinions will differ but I actually like it. If they update it and continue to work on it I feel like it will add to the game. But at the same time I have been taking more time to explore this expac probably more than I have since WOTLK. Always been in a rush. I did plow to 60 pretty quickly but I am actually going to do all of the quest lines and keep everything current. So far I was pretty negative about this expac before it's release, even in posts here but I have been enjoying it so far. Was able to complete everything I needed to get done the first week in a few days and then have been working on quest chains. On Torghast, I will have to wait until I clear it for a full opinion but right now its a welcome change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    They missed a great opportunity to have totally different rooms with different themes and old (un)dead raid and dungeon bosses on each floor. Such as Ragnaros' room would have elementals in it mainly.

I also don't see the point of doing them. I haven't gotten anything except some gold from them so far + ash. I was hoping it would be like Island Expeditions, where you could sometimes get items as well.
    At one point it was supposed to drop Gear, then Blizzard decided against that. Big mistake
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Because BGs can be quite literally 100% AFK'd. All rewarding BGs does is increase botting. The fact that honor is back at all is kind of dumb tbh, you can get the equivalent of heroic dungeon gear without even being at your computer. Even LFR requires you to at least be there pressing buttons so you don't get kicked.

As for the actual topic, we're week 1. Torghast is hilariously easy this week but I imagine by layer 8 it'll be challenging enough to be engaging. And if not you basically don't need to do it after you get your BiS legendary which should only take a few weeks.
    So... you say that Blizzard officially lost battle vs botting?

to your reply on topic:
    layer 8 will be hilariously easy as well. Because you will have +60-70 ilvls higher gear, 3+ conduits, 5+ passive conduits, bis trinks, bis gear, bis legandary item.

So yeah... thorgast IS pathetic compared to BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Opinions will differ but I actually like it. If they update it and continue to work on it I feel like it will add to the game. But at the same time I have been taking more time to explore this expac probably more than I have since WOTLK. Always been in a rush. I did plow to 60 pretty quickly but I am actually going to do all of the quest lines and keep everything current. So far I was pretty negative about this expac before it's release, even in posts here but I have been enjoying it so far. Was able to complete everything I needed to get done the first week in a few days and then have been working on quest chains. On Torghast, I will have to wait until I clear it for a full opinion but right now its a welcome change of pace.
    Blizzard will only put but so much more resources into it then call it a day. If engagement numbers drop and people get bored they will throw some gear drops in it. Of course Blizzard will half ass it and that wont fix any thing and they will be like Warfronts all over again. If there is no decent reward, very few will put that time into it , especially if they have limited play time as it is.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Blizzard will only put but so much more resources into it then call it a day. If engagement numbers drop and people get bored they will throw some gear drops in it. Of course Blizzard will half ass it and that wont fix any thing and they will be like Warfronts all over again. If there is no decent reward, very few will put that time into it , especially if they have limited play time as it is.
    I kind of half ass expected something like the visions. Where it was repeatable with some sort of reward worth doing but not an absolute necessity. Would be fantastic if they floors changed weekly, so it was different every time you entered (diablo looks the same but different mobs or goals) but I do agree that isn't likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    First of all, I don't care what "people" wanted.

I know what I want and what I find nice/funny/enjoyable/awesome.......
    I find torgast, nice, funny, enjoyable and awesome. Sure I died a few times cuz I tried to yolo pull entire rooms on my spriest, but I learnt the pattern and have fun clearing it.

I love rogue likes, there's like 2 enemies in binding of Isaac with slight variations and that game is touted as being amazing and awesome. Torg is the same shit just with a different view.

I STRONGLY believe that people who dislike torgast suck at rogue likes and bitch because of their poor "power upgrade" decision making.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    I kind of half ass expected something like the visions. Where it was repeatable with some sort of reward worth doing but not an absolute necessity. Would be fantastic if they floors changed weekly, so it was different every time you entered (diablo looks the same but different mobs or goals) but I do agree that isn't likely.
    The wings do change weekly. And the floors while similar are always different in some regard. The shades this week are super annoying as well. They vanish, they return to life, the leave pools, they even will follow you to a new platform after you swing away.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The wings do change weekly. There are two different ones this week then there was last week. And I absolutely hate one of the ones this week because those damn shades are annoying.
    Yea I knew the wings changed, my thought was have all wings, even ones done previously change weekly. Kind of like how D3 randomly generates the GRs. Or possible reset it from the first floor like once a month and change the layouts. Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Honestly, I think the concept is great, it just sorely needs more interesting and useful rewards, be it a currency, maybe rep depending on the NPCs you save, gear drops that scale depending on the layer completed, or whatever they can think of. Currently, it almost seems like wasted time when I only leave with Soul Ash, even if it will be useful later. It also would help with some sort of reward for failed runs depending on the level you get to. (Maybe Stygia?) It also needs more aesthetic variation in terms of mobs, locations, and anima powers, which I'm sure is on the way in the future.
    I get the sentiment, but I think that would ruin it. Those rewards are part of what made visions so annoying. You felt compelled to do them for the gear and cloak upgrades. Torghast is fun because you can do it if. I like the idea that there's a system just for fun, or for minimal reward.

Think about it - if there was a weekly lockout for competitive gear you would become even more sick of it because you would feel you have to do it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Roguelikes aren’t fun and neither is torghast for trying to emulate one.

Hated visions. Like Torghast. Takes only 30 minutes to solo run them if you're taking your time and full clearing. No big deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm mad because I expected a lot more from Torghast.

I cleared all floors and every single monster on each floor as a 160 ilvl shadow priest.
    Some buffs are ridiculous like jump boost (endless kiting) and almost 1min duration and 1.25min CD on Vampiric Embrace. Makes me basically invincible vs bosses.

Sure one can expect more challenge on the higher floors, but for what? Killing more trash mobs and getting nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    So... you say that Blizzard officially lost battle vs botting?

to your reply on topic:
    layer 8 will be hilariously easy as well. Because you will have +60-70 ilvls higher gear, 3+ conduits, 5+ passive conduits, bis trinks, bis gear, bis legandary item.

So yeah... thorgast IS pathetic compared to BGs.
    They didn't really lose a battle because there wasn't a battle to be had, they simply just don't give good rewards for things that are very easily botted.

Considering I got 3k honor earlier in BGs without casting a single ability I'm going to assume that Torghast will be infinitely more difficult even if you have all the best items because you're going to have to actually play the game. Which is far more than can be said for BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’ve only done it once? You realise there are several instances in there, right? And that they do differ somewhat...

I get that it’s very Diabloesque and that might not be to your taste, and that would be a valid complaint; but everything else just shows you’ve not even played it out fully.

I love Torghast. Best addition to the game yet.

But then, I dislike "current tier raiding" and I even find mythic dungeons too involved. I like being able to go in solo or with a group and just... play something. Doing previous expansion raids is fun too but gets a bit boring after a while.

The buffs are hilarious too.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I love Torghast. Best addition to the game yet.

But then, I dislike "current tier raiding" and I even find mythic dungeons too involved. I like being able to go in solo or with a group and just... play something. Doing previous expansion raids is fun too but gets a bit boring after a while.

The buffs are hilarious too.
    10000% Shattering Throw damage will always be my favourite

I really enjoy Torghast, but definitely understand why it's not for everyone. Miles ahead of throwaway content like Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    How the fuck am I bad at the game? I finished all the available floors with no issues at all, not even a single death.
    Torghast sucks and you need a reality check (or just new at the game).
    Yes..I am new. I have only been playing the game since beta back in vanilla over 16 years ago.

You suck cause you complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You've currently done 2 out of 6 cellblocks. Out of that, you have done possibly 3 layers in each, which is easy and tuned around before end game gearing progression. Each cellblock goes up to layer 8. So you've experienced the EASY version of 2 layouts/themes. This is entirely before unlocking endless corridors, which gives you the random variation of theme.

So you've barely scratched about 5% of the system, and have decided it sucks? Ok then!
    To be fair. You timegate the content & people are going to look at whats available and judge the system based off that first impression.

I remove every good thing i said about torghast, fuck this week debuff that punish you for being a rogue and not wanting to kill everything

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post

I think maybe once we've had first raid out for a few weeks they will make Torgast offer rewards / be an alternative gearing method?
    This is a great idea!

Really hoping they do this as well.