View Poll Results: Should there be an intro skip?

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • Sure, why not

142 83.04%
  • Nah, I like it

29 16.96%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why would you skip the intro that yields the MOST XP out of all SL activities? I would do it 10x and be done with leveling, it yields 1 entire level in like 20 minutes.

You know that the whole intro campaign part before you enter Oribos almost gives you a full level, so it is not that bad. stop whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Why would you skip the intro that yields the MOST XP out of all SL activities? I would do it 10x and be done with leveling, it yields 1 entire level in like 20 minutes.
    Just want to correct you here, I checked the time, it takes about 40minutes give or take but still, it is not bad at all.

Of course there should be a means of skipping it. And Threads of Fate needs its XP gains boosted by a massive amount. It's as if they never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Considering we stillllll can't skip WoD's entire intro, I wouldn't bet money on it.
    Nope, they literally added a proper skip, after so many years of that BS solution with the bonfire in Wandering Isle.

Select the WoD Timewalking Campaign from Chromie
    Discard Warlords of Draenor: The Dark Portal when you reach the Dark Portal, instead of talking to Khadgar
    Walk through the portal!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Nope, they literally added a proper skip.

Discard Warlords of Draenor: The Dark Portal when you reach the Dark Portal, instead of talking to Khadgar
    Walk through the portal!
    Is that an official skip though? I mean the Legion and BfA ones are done via talking to someone and skipping the intro. The WoD one sounds more like a trick and less official but it does work

Of course there should be a means of skipping it. And Threads of Fate needs its XP gains boosted by a massive amount. It's as if they never learn.

Nope, they literally added a proper skip, after so many years of that BS solution with the bonfire in Wandering Isle.

Walk through the portal!
    That isn't an official skip. That is a trick. Legion and others actually give you a skip by clicking on a chat choice during a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Is that an official skip though? I mean the Legion and BfA ones are done via talking to someone and skipping the intro. The WoD one sounds more like a trick and less official but it does work
    I don't think it can be more official than it being added by the devs...?

It's not as good as the "I already heard this story" but it's a sight more proper than having to visit Wandering Isle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That isn't an official skip. That is a trick. Legion and others actually give you a skip by clicking on a chat choice during a quest.
    What I said to Mr applies here as well.

you guys seem awfully desperate to not play the game

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I noticed that previous expacs such as Legion and BfA have a dialogue option ('I've heared this tale before...') to skip their intros, so why not SL? Just add in an option on the quest where you enter Darion's Death Gate to skip to Oribos. I'm a person who likes to make lots of alts , just like many who play WoW, and it would make my levelling experience feel much smoother
    It's easy and gives you pretty much a full level though...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoss View Post
    Wrong. You just need to turn off Chromie time for a minute to do it, since otherwise, it is trying to give you the full xpac experience incl scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

The option for Legion intro will not be there if you are on Chromie time, have to turn that off, skip, turn Chromie time back on.
    Wrong.. queue for scenario, once you enter leave, you are straight in front of the NPC and you can skip it.

done

I'd appreciate the option to skip, although it would definitely mess with the leveling structure, unless they *also* just gave you a free level.

I still vote being able to skip, and I'd personally appreciate them making Threads of Fate a *little* more rewarding. I can understand Blizzard's reluctance, though, so I imagine they'll slowly improve it as they go. The XP feels so slow (coupled with long queues for DPS), my Mage kind of feels "stuck" at lvl 51, as World Quests feel practically useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Considering we stillllll can't skip WoD's entire intro, I wouldn't bet money on it.
    Blizz typically lets you skip scenarios, but not zones. Since the Maw isn't a scenario...

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Wrong.. queue for scenario, once you enter leave, you are straight in front of the NPC and you can skip it.

done
    So for clarity of the whole thread - the person who initially said the option was removed was completely wrong. Now there are two ways for that option to show up - start/leave scenario or turn Chromie time off before starting. So I was right as in the option is there, yet there is a faster way to get it to show up.

Yeah, it would be convenieni. The problem, of course, is that Maw gives you almost a whole levels worth of xp, so they'd have to compensate.
    I did levelling with Threads of Fate on an alt, and didn't like it. I dont enjoy dungeon grinds, and the side quests felt really disjointed. The bonus objectives are grindy, especially with the low damage during levelling. It just wasn't as fun an experience as doing the storyline.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ah...thanks. Guess I will be doing the story then on my alts. Not the biggest fan of dungeons with randoms
    To be honest the real advantage isn't speed, it's that it's not as repetitive, that you don't have to see the same exact story in the same exact order over and over - on the flipside of that, that repetition probably lets you hone/optimize your leveling speed even more, so the standard path likely pulls even further ahead speed-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I think that's a bullshit attitude with the Maw. People are keen to actually play the game - but the Maw is literally mostly listening to NPCs talk (at great length!) or walking around with NPCs as they talk. The actual gameplay in the Maw intro is pretty damn limited.

Even if they don't let me skip the Maw, letting me fast-forward the lengthy conversations would be huge, but a lot of them don't give credit until they've really talked for however long.

I mean, I'm not too bothered. I expect them to refine both the Maw intro and Threads of Fate in 9.1.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    they will add it in the first patch like they did with Legion and BFA
    pretty sure that with Legion the skip was available once you've done the scenario once and for BfA I'm absolutely sure about that.

I wonder if there's already a hidden skip like with the skip for the WoD scenario.

but, but, but, Thrall must find a proper weapon !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I noticed that previous expacs such as Legion and BfA have a dialogue option ('I've heared this tale before...') to skip their intros, so why not SL? Just add in an option on the quest where you enter Darion's Death Gate to skip to Oribos. I'm a person who likes to make lots of alts , just like many who play WoW, and it would make my levelling experience feel much smoother
    100% agree with this, they are letting us skip everything else let us not have to do this intro heap over and over again.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it can be more official than it being added by the devs...?

It's not as good as the "I already heard this story" but it's a sight more proper than having to visit Wandering Isle.

- - - Updated - - -

What I said to Mr applies here as well.
    but it wasn't added by the Devs though? I mean the dialogue options were added by the Devs and they announced it. If it was an official thing then Khadgar would have a dialog option just like the others

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    And so is blizzard with NOT wanting us to play in the Maw, the eye of the Jailer is a idiotic mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Skipping story mode =/= skipping entire leveling experience.

And even so, the fact of threads of fate existing has absolutely zero bearing on what OP is talking about. He wants to skip the maw intro like we could skip the broken shore intro in BfA or skip the SW 'rescue Anduin' scenario in BfA

Ya know, the same exact trend Blizz has been giving us for the past 4+ years.
    Both of which are Scenarios, while the Maw is not. Blizzard hasn't really changed tune here: You get to skip intro scenarios, but not normal zones.