Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The recipies need to be put on the final boss, and it's fixed. But as always Blizzard moves at glacier speed, and it will be weeks and perhaps months until they implement this extremely simple change.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Exactly: To access all raids and dungeons, all you need is ilvl. Difficulty levels are not more content, just further depth to existing content.
    technically its not itlv just having other people willing to carry you .

i had more then few times when i was going into farm raids in quest greens and ending it with purples. its not a problem to gear up 1-2 alts this this way later in the tier when people still farm hc for those last trinkets/weapons etc .

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I honestly just don't believe you. As a DPS heroic ques are taking me 8-15 minutes(sometimes 20 if I'm doing a heroic at like 1am) depending on the time of day. If a tank or healer leaves, the system always finds a new one in under 2 minutes.
    Well maybe you should take the possibility into account that not all server/cluster have the same population numbers.
    I have to wait that long for a group and i have to wait 10 minutes for a replacement tank. Why should i lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well maybe you should take the possibility into account that not all server/cluster have the same population numbers.
    I have to wait that long for a group and i have to wait 10 minutes for a replacement tank. Why should i lie?
    You realize all servers are clustered together when it comes to LFG/LFR right? There is zero separation in the systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You realize all servers are clustered together when it comes to LFG/LFR right? There is zero separation in the systems.
    I doubt that. I play on a german server and am only grouped with germans, so there is at least some seperation on the EU servers. And i tend to see only people from my realmpool in LFD (although i never really pay attention to that, i may be wrong).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

there is currently no other way to get 170+ gear - unless you are like 180 + and are super lucky with 1/16 slot callings lottery if it even drop piece for you
    There is, pvp. You can upgrade the items with honor. It's on par with heroic ilvl. Doing that myself currently for a couple of pieces I've had no luck with from other sources.

I don't think it causes problem to anyone.
    When I queue for random, I wish to join a group that has a few bosses down already.
    When I queue a specific one, the queue time is less than 10 minutes.

Currently, I don't see any problem.
    Eventually, no one will queue for random unless healer/tank want the extra loot.

Just requeue and replace them, it takes near zero time to replace even a tank most hours of the day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakara View Post
    Just requeue and replace them, it takes near zero time to replace even a tank most hours of the day
    Tanks and healers are not always immediate. They do require waiting sometimes, if only a few minutes. DPS are immediate.

5+ Year Old Account
    People have been doing it for years. Since random grouping was a thing. People would rather leave and reque over spend time through a dungeon. Just how shit is. You can't stop it. If Blizz changed that people would whine and cry as is normal. Not saying it's right. it fucking sucks. But there isn't really a fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    There is, pvp. You can upgrade the items with honor. It's on par with heroic ilvl. Doing that myself currently for a couple of pieces I've had no luck with from other sources.
    most players igrnoe pvp completly so nope its not a way to get upgrades

maybe if wow pvp was real pvp not hwoever farms more gear in pve clownfiesta it would be a case

but nice try

Honestly, it is irrelevant how long it takes to wait for a tank/healer. People just don't seem to understand you don't get to own a tanks or healers time simply because they have faster queues and are more rare. This whole conversation wouldn't exist if this was specific to dps players. But because you waited a minute or two for a tank all the sudden the tank are the worst. This attitude is why people don't like to tank. They are treated like uber drivers who can never go fast enough.

Simply put, if there were more tanks and healers out there, the problem would resolve itself. But there won't be because there are so many dps karens out there pulling ahead and blaming the tanks and healers for the wipe after.

They may put recipes on the end. They may put a bonus item at the end. Or they may do absolutely nothing. But some of the "solutions" you people keep coming up with are pathetically shortsighted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I can fault the players. It is not hard to not be a cunt.
    well i experienced this shit from the perspective of a guy that have bis memory dropping from last boss,
    still hard to blame players they want to optimize their time and kill 1 boss ~30 times than doing full run ~30 times
    For instance there could be mechanic that for each time you do whole dungeon you get +5-10% increased chance for memory to drop, if they don`t want to put it on last boss for reasons
    Last boss can drop some parts that after 10 kills let you buy specific memory that bosses in same instance can drop for your spec to lease rng
    Sky is the limit and current implementation is for sure problematic
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-08 at 03:13 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Honestly, it is irrelevant how long it takes to wait for a tank/healer. People just don't seem to understand you don't get to own a tanks or healers time simply because they have faster queues and are more rare. This whole conversation wouldn't exist if this was specific to dps players. But because you waited a minute or two for a tank all the sudden the tank are the worst. This attitude is why people don't like to tank. They are treated like uber drivers who can never go fast enough.

Simply put, if there were more tanks and healers out there, the problem would resolve itself. But there won't be because there are so many dps karens out there pulling ahead and blaming the tanks and healers for the wipe after.

They may put recipes on the end. They may put a bonus item at the end. Or they may do absolutely nothing. But some of the "solutions" you people keep coming up with are pathetically shortsighted.
    This attitude is why people hate tanks. Tanks think they are gods who think the run entirely revolves around them, act like
    they are boss over everyone else, then act like they are innocent angels when they get called on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    They prob shouldve kept the legendary recipes to be on the all final bosses if they had to be on dungeons IMO
    Totally agree with this.

Some of this could be avoided if players trying to farm a specific piece thought outside the box and used a little logic. I was in the group of players who needed the drop from the first boss in Mists. I didn't burden real groups trying to get the dungeon complete. I joined a hunter only group spamming normal, specifically for farming the drop. This allowed me 10 tries per hour at the drop vs the 3-5 I could get queuing and dropping after the first boss. Once my item dropped I stayed in the group and helped until I was locked out by the "too many instances" boss. Pre-nerf took me 15 tries over about 2 hours to get it. Post nerf I did it for my wife on her Hunter, saw 4 drop in 10 kills on normal, I got hers on the 4th kill.

I've seen all rogue groups farming 1st boss in ToP and farming boss in Plaguefall. Haven't seen others but they could be happening.

The problem was there was only ever 1-2 groups of each type going when there could have been dozens, other Classes especially, druids, monks, pallys all could be doing the same thing (no idea where their legos are, just saying). Grab invis pots, kill only what's needed, and reset. Then do it again.

My point is that often we think the only option is to just queue up in the LFG tool, or that we need a group with the holy trinity to get what we need. When there are always alternatives, that sometimes are more efficient and don't impact anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most players igrnoe pvp completly so nope its not a way to get upgrades

maybe if wow pvp was real pvp not hwoever farms more gear in pve clownfiesta it would be a case

but nice try
    So if the option is available and viable but [U]YOU[/U don't want to do it then it becomes invalid? Nice logic, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This attitude is why people hate tanks. Tanks think they are gods who think the run entirely revolves around them, act like
    they are boss over everyone else, then act like they are innocent angels when they get called on it.
    And so we have reached the conclusion.
    The thread starts complaining about people leaving groups being a problem.
    It becomes, tanks and healers are the issue because it takes a little more time to replace them because they are so gosh darn essential.
    It finishes with Tanks think they are so important, but they aren't important, and they are full of themselves, but we need them, and ahhhhhhhh *head pops*

Tanks aren't acting like the run revolves around them by leaving after the bosses they need. They are telling you they will be replaced and yall are saying that this isn't allowed because the run revolves around them. So can we please make up our minds?

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    And so we have reached the conclusion.
    The thread starts complaining about people leaving groups being a problem.
    It becomes, tanks and healers are the issue because it takes a little more time to replace them because they are so gosh darn essential.
    It finishes with Tanks think they are so important, but they aren't important, and they are full of themselves, but we need them, and ahhhhhhhh *head pops*

Tanks aren't acting like the run revolves around them by leaving after the bosses they need. They are telling you they will be replaced and yall are saying that this isn't allowed because the run revolves around them. So can we please make up our minds?
    Yes they do. You just proved my point of Tanks acting like innocent angels when they are guilty of being as toxic as anyone. They absolutely do act like the run revolves around them.

This wont be a problem anymore since M+ comes out now so let’s not make it larger than it is.