Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Spent too much time developing dick customization and marketing rather than the actual important stuff. Just visited this game's sub reddit, even if they fix all the bugs it will still be a mediocre game at best relative to what it promised.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2020-12-12 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Spent too much time developing dick customization and marketing rather than the actual important stuff.
    Actually they didn't even get that right. Your dick clips through your pants sometimes.

Which at least is one of the amusing bugs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Actually they didn't even get that right. Your dick clips through your pants sometimes.

Which at least is one of the amusing bugs in the game.
    Imagine wanting to put dicks in the game only to have them turned into bugs. lol

Actually they did cover it up by not releasing any console codes.
    Still within their right to withhold code at their discretion. Anything you draw from that is your own business. Again, they don't even have to explain it to us.

CDPR's rep right now is pretty much crap and their stock is reflecting that.
    It only lost like $4-6 and sales are great overall. But that is not the concern of anyone not profiting over this game- I don't own CDPR stock. Do you?

- - - Updated - - -

So, if the game says it's made for the PS4 and it doesn't work on the PS4 its the buyer's fault and not CDPR?
    Does it actually say that? And it only needs to play on PS4, it does not have to look or perform in a way you personally deem acceptable. You would never have a case if this what you went to court with- you'd be thrown out most likely.

You just don't have a right to the game performing to what is acceptable to you- you might not like it, you might think it's bullshit. That is fine and dandy. But CDPR doesn't really owe you the framerate or graphical fidelity you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    I have a PS5. There is no PS5 edition. It runs the super duper broken PS4 version.

So...... what was your point again?

Game shouldn't been released on this state. Period.
    Interesting, I've heard it runs great on ps5 from people in this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Stop defending broken games ffs. 18fps isn't more than fine.
    it isn't defending a broken game or saying that 18 fps is fine. Don't ignore reality just because you want to use it for hate. The game even supports a GPU for 2013. CDPR clearly made a mistake on what hardware could run it even at the low end. They are completly to blame and it isn't right that it was developed for, or marketed to, those systems that can't really run in it.

But that doesn't change that it is more a game built for next gen rather then the older hardware for both PC and Consoles. I highly doubt though that you'll see a large outcry from people that still have a 780 and get the same results as last gen consoles. Because it is expected to have poor performance on a rig that can barely run the game. Yet for a PC person that is seen as fine. But you mention it for console players and they have a mental breakdown about how the game really is meant for them.

Its not. The performance shows that it shouldn't have been pushed to last gen consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't get the game to run decent on the hardware you released it on, Don't release it on said hardware.
    So doesn't that mean it isn't really a game for last gen consoles? Weird how you defeat the argument you made earlier when you said saying that was BS. Weird how hate works and blinds people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Interesting, I've heard it runs great on ps5 from people in this thread.
    Popped in to address this.

It runs great on PS5/XSX because it has a uncapped framerate on those systems. So the systems brute force it to run well.

also.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My opinion on this game is slightly influenced by the poor performance (on PC, actually) but what everyone expected has happened in my opinion, this game was grossly overhyped, part by CDPR and part by the audience themselves.

Frankly I think it's a very "old" generation open world action type game, I'd barely call it a RPG. Yakuza games have more interactable worlds, the AI for basically any NPC is nonexistant or extremely simplistic, there's very little option for self expression from players. I fucking hate how loot works in this game and yet that's probably what makes it qualify as a roleplaying game to some. I'm just a little disappointed and felt like venting, the main story and some sidequests have been pretty good, the writing averages from mediocre to great at times, but I can't shake the feeling this game either needed (considerably) more time in the oven, or they should have realized this entire thing needed to be scaled back and released 2 years ago.

I don't think it's a BAD game but it's in this weird spot to me where it's both a demanding technical game meaning it doesn't run on older PCs and consoles, meaning they fucked up there by essentially hiding that (no console reviews, system requirements are for 30 fps which is very unheard of for PC games) while also being a pretty generic game that has been done before years ago.

Rant over, probably not very coherent but I felt like posting it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You just don't have a right to the game performing to what is acceptable to you- you might not like it, you might think it's bullshit. That is fine and dandy. But CDPR doesn't really owe you the framerate or graphical fidelity you desire.
    That's just being plain stupid. If you buy something your perfectly within your right of expecting it to work.

If it doesn't you should be able to return it and apparently a lot of folks are having trouble trying to do that.

That's just being plain stupid. If you buy something your perfectly within your right of expecting it to work.
    It does work.

Also while I haven't followed all the drama about the conditions, crunch etc, this game released under regarding this is some pretty draconic shit to me.

It does work.
    Says who???? Find me a single youtuber out there that says the game is in a playable state on PS4 and XBone.

Having it barely able to run on those consoles does not equal working. The game being fully playable equals working and currently its not.
    Last edited by Hobb; 2020-12-12 at 02:41 AM.

Popped in to address this.

It runs great on PS5/XSX because it has a uncapped framerate on those systems. So the systems brute force it to run well.

Yeah I'm gonna choose to believe you and fencers on this wrt to ps5.

Says who????
    Me. I have it on PS4 and PC.

Find me a single youtuber out there that says the game is in a playable state on PS4 and XBone.
    It is playable. It may not perform how you want it though. These are not the same things. Not performing how you would like, does not mean it does not work.

The game just needs to run to work. If you put this in the PS4 and just a black screen came up instead of the game, then you can say it does not work. It might look like ass and run similarly, sure, but it is still a product that plays. Tough maracas.

Having it barely able to run on those consoles does not equal working.
    It does. Absolutely.

The game being fully playable equals working and currently its not.
    This is subjective. What if Bob doesn't mind clipping? Or Anna can't tell the difference in performance?

**snip fanboy chatter**
    Ok we get it, your a white knight for CDPR.

They can do no wrong in your eyes. All the issues everyone is having is just their their fault and not CDPR's.

Got it

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok we get it, your a white knight for CDPR. They can do no wrong in your eyes. All the issues everyone is having is just their their fault and not CDPR's. Got it
    As opposed to being a hate knight? And they do everything wrong? Reality is the performance on last gen consoles seems to have had unrealistic expectations for many. That doesn't excuse poor performance and it is the fault of CDPR for developing on platforms that can't handle their game. But you don't expect things to run well if you have a PC from 2013 do you? So why is perfect performance on last gen consoles expected?

It isn't white knighting to point out the flaws others are stating because you do that and still blame CDPR for releasing it to those platforms that couldn't handle it well. Because we don't see a large cancel culture around 13 year old PC's not being able to run it well do we? Weird right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Latest patch fixes the epilepsy issue, among other things. That was faster than I expected.

Jealous of you bastards... no PS5 yet, and my PC components have yet to arrive to play the damn game!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    pls dont insult cdred by lumping them with the pure garbage that is bethesda
    Bethesda got bought by Microsoft tho. Maybe they will straighten them up. I expect good things from them in the future.

Ok we get it, your a white knight for CDPR.

They can do no wrong in your eyes. All the issues everyone is having is just their their fault and not CDPR's.

Got it
    This is so lazy.

You don't even have to go back many pages to see all the crap I talked about the game. Or the fact back in October I said this game looked shallow & not very complex after all and some folks jumped down my throat about being a 'hater'.

Whatever, video game audience.