Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you seem to think investors are ok with breaking even......
    Not everything is about financial profit, plus the game is far exceeding breaking even, without knowing every single investor in the company you have no right to say what they actually want.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Not everything is about financial profit.
    Then you clearly know nothing about investors or investing...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Not everything is about financial profit, plus the game is far exceeding breaking even, without knowing every single investor in the company you have no right to say what they actually want.
    Here is a conference call between the board and big investors (inc Morgan-stanley) where they worry refunds will eat into profits

So yes they absolutely have investors and yes the big boys absolutely want to make sure they get their cut.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

With 40k posts on a gaming forum I'm sure you don't know much yourself tbh

And haven't they already recouped their development and marketing expenses from pre-orders alone? I know it's hard to imagine when you're so deep into it, but there are plenty of people who will buy the game months after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Here is a conference call between the board and big investors (inc Morgan-stanley) where they worry refunds will eat into profits

So yes they absolutely have investors and yes the big boys absolutely want to make sure they get their cut.
    If you tell me that you believe 100% that every single investor cares only about making lots of money then you would be lying, investments comes with the real possability of problems or loss, and not every investment is about making money.

Even in the call the focus was making sure the game would be playable on old gen consoles and what they need to get it done.

But in any case the game even with potential refunds is making and going to make lots of money.

It is clear you have no clue about what your talking about either way.

Cyberpunk will have no issues to bring in over 1 billion, especially when the next gen consoles start spreading around more readily.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-12-15 at 04:56 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is still smooth performance though. And you don't need to run on ultra in order to play any game. My 1080 plays on high just fine with some dips. The rest of my system is only a few months old. I could probably do the AMD tweaks to get more performance. But you don't need to play at 60 fps 1080p on ultra just for a smooth game play.
    30 FPS is not 'smooth' performance on a PC, under 60 on high really just goes to show that 'recommended' is just marketing talk for 'beginning to be playable'.
    What's 'just fine with some dips' in actual crunch? I can't find any base 1080 benchmarks it's gotta be riding the razor of 60 with nothing on medium.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

30 FPS is not 'smooth' performance on a PC, under 60 on high really just goes to show that 'recommended' is just marketing talk for 'beginning to be playable'.
    What's 'just fine with some dips' in actual crunch? I can't find any base 1080 benchmarks it's gotta be riding the razor of 60 with nothing on medium.
    It is smooth tho. Your expectations are not marker of what is actually playable, smooth or anything.
    According to tests on GPUs their requirements (minimal/recomended) are pretty solid.

If you tell me that you believe 100% that every single investor cares only about making lots of money then you would be lying, investments comes with the real possability of problems or loss, and not every investment is about making money.
    Woah, that's a hefty pivot, your heel smoking there?
    Didn't you claim the other guy was making up facts and there was no proof there even were investors and that they were worried about their return like two posts ago?
    Oh wait yes you were
    You have no idea what the investors want or even if there are investors to start with, so stop claiming you know everything when you clearly dont have the correct information to even estimate what is going on.

At this point your pulling random facts out of thin air with no basis in actual information available.
    Now it's "sure there are investors and sure the investment bank wants its money but you can't prove every stockholder wants an ROI?" That's some Olympic medal mental gymnastics there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It is smooth tho. Your expectations are not marker of what is actually playable, smooth or anything.
    According to tests on GPUs their requirements (minimal/recomended) are pretty solid.
    What tests? I posted what a 1660S the ('recommended' card) can do. And it's not 30 on ultra and it's not 60 on high. How is that smooth?

What is the objective definition of recommended specs? Oh, wait there isn't one. So you saying that it's 'solid' is just your expectations isn't it?
    EDIT; I just checked the benchmarks again a 1660S averages under 60 on medium jej.

This is sidestepping the whole argument that there shouldn't even be a non-raytracing 'recommended' card since the game crutches so heavily on DLSS.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-12-15 at 05:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    30 FPS is not 'smooth' performance on a PC, under 60 on high really just goes to show that 'recommended' is just marketing talk for 'beginning to be playable'. What's 'just fine with some dips' in actual crunch? I can't find any base 1080 benchmarks it's gotta be riding the razor of 60 with nothing on medium.
    In other words you are an elitist that is calling any game unplayable with perfectly fine hardware just because it doesn't meet your personal level of performance. My 1080 gets 50 to 60 fps most of the time. Driving around the city waving the camera back and forth dips to closer to 50. Everything is around high. Some lower, Some higher. I could likely get more performance by tweaking the settings from default (or what the ge force optimized settings are) or by doing the AMD hacks.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-15 at 05:27 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    After fixing the damn memory pool issues in CSV my rig is doing great --- Link. Ran like dog shit the first day but now that the game is using more than 3GB of my Titan Xp's vram and 3BG of system ram I'm getting good frames at 1080p Ultra everything. How in the absolute hell that made it into the launch build is simply beyond me. Was planning on running at 4k medium / high but couldn't stand the 20-40 FPS.

Other than the above issue I haven't seen any game breaking bugs or even a single crash in 20hrs. Had a couple of T poses and a few texture pops but that's been it. But the state it released on console is inexcusable. Seriously, they should have stated that the official launch date for consoles was being pushed back but that they would release an "open beta" for all console owners on Dec. 10th.

The whole "not really an RPG" thing I keep seeing thrown around is a little stupid in my opinion. Sure it's not Baulder's Gate but definitely an RPG even if it's a little more restrictive than I was expecting - kinda like FO4 dialog options with more "skill checks." Pretty in depth skill system even if a lot of the talents are % increases. The AI is dumb as hell. The story is really just getting cooking for me since I just started Act 2 but the side missions a least have decent backstories to them.

Overall 8/10 ON PC so far. Still early in the game so that will definitely be subject to change. (Brain-hacking is fun as hell. Zap!)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

What tests? I posted what a 1660S the ('recommended' card) can do. And it's not 30 on ultra and it's not 60 on high. How is that smooth?

What is the objective definition of recommended specs? Oh, wait there isn't one. So you saying that it's 'solid' is just your expectations isn't it?
    EDIT; I just checked the benchmarks again a 1660S averages under 60 on medium jej.

This is sidestepping the whole argument that there shouldn't even be a non-raytracing 'recommended' card since the game crutches so heavily on DLSS.
    "on ultra" "on high" dude. please, just stop.

And according to tests in those settings that are RECOMMENDED it gets around 40fps which is smooth.

Erm... Dude honestly, what are you on about? What do you think investors are in for, the goodness of their hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Erm... Dude honestly, what are you on about? What do you think investors are in for, the goodness of their hearts?
    Yes in his fictional reality CDPR doesn't have investors and they are a non profit charity ran by the good will of people giving them money expecting no ROIs. It's quite a weird take don't you think?

Investors want to make money, and they want to make a lot more then they invested or they won't invest in your company in the future. They don't want you sitting on their money for 4 years to just "recoup dev costs". That simple. Not sure how he thinks CDPR got the money to fund this game or Witcher 3, he must think GOG is steam or some shit but it only makes them about $12 mil a quarter and is no where close to funding these massive AAA games. They have to rely on investors to make them, and those guys want massive profits.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-15 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge patch coming this week would be my guess, fixing the memory allocation thing, CPU utilisation and other config related issues with spawns and whatever. A much later patch by next month will fix the rest of the faults that can still be fixed but require time, like AI.

So far enjoying the game, but because of my professional experience in regards to systems and programming and my experience as a gamer, I can sadly see where the game has it's seams and how some of the glue is not dry yet. It feels like some stuff was supposed to be different but they never got around to it. BDs for example feel way to detailed, but from what I can tell they are only used 2 or 3 times during the main story. Some of the items you can buy either troll you hard or they were supposed to be more. Also quite alot of the interface could have used some touch ups. Littering my implant screens with randomly placed implants when only the highest grade should be shown is one of these issues (can't sell the others anyway, can I?). I also can't for the live of me tell if someone is unconcious most of the time or if they are already dead..

I'm also kinda starting to regret my character creation choices. I thought there would surely be a way to change some of it later, alas there doesn't appear to be. I can replace my arms 3 times a minute, but I can't change my facial hair or the sticker on my eye implant, quite annoying. Also the gear system is a bit boring, it's a crying shame that the Street Cred system is just another lvl gating system and that it's nigh on impossible to find matching stuff.

I love that the game - for the most part - does not constantly patronize me for killing assholes that want to kill me (or others) though. I hated that in Deus Ex. While at times I feel a bit murder hobo-y and I think giving no (less?) SC for knocking gangbangers out is a mistake, I prefer that instead of being constantly told how bad I am. Also very few things are as satisfying as infiltrating the video surveilance room of complex, jacking into the sysem and then forcing the target to remitely kill himself and leave without being seen by anyone .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-12-15 at 07:56 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    RDR2 is a locked 30 fps on those systems. When you have to make false statements to try to defend something you aren't really defending it.
    It it capped at 30, it dips well under 30, especially in the larger citiy.
    Nothing false about what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just straight up trolling at this point.
    I've not owned a console since the playstation so I give literally zero shits about this badly optimized buggy mess playing even more like trash on console but when the level of denial just gets to straight-up lying I'm starting to doubt your sincerity.

Also lol at running straight back to the narrative you shouldn't expect to run games well on a system that is over two years old a godamn base 1080 can still pull 100 frames in jedi fallen order. CP is just badly optimized.
    No, I'm not trolling.
    An 8 year old system is too old to run new games well.

Every two years is when a new system or a decent upgrade would be well worth your money. that does not mean you can't run games on a 2 year old system. Just like you can run games on your 8 year old PS but they sure as heck won't run as well as when the components were brand new and among the best you could get.

How is this hard to understand? Consoles are not magic that lest you alway have the best of everything. It's simply a small computer that you put in your livingroom rather than your office. There is no actuall difference between consoles and PCs - They both get old and 8 years is a LONG time.

Your personal insults will get you nowhere. Not here, not in life. It's just embarrasing.

I'm currently playing with a GTX 1080 with most stuff on ultra and some things on high, but no ray tracing. Stuff seems smooth enough to me.

Outside of that, I"m really getting into the game. More stuff is remind me of what I loved about the Witcher series. It probably sounds silly, but the fact that there's a broad spectrum of 'looks' of people makes the world seem so much more believable to me. Every NPC and character doesn't look like some A-lister or model. Some people are really striking looking. Some are kinda dumpy looking. Some are good looking with some noticeable flaws. That, and the conversational acting just seems a lot more natural than most games. It's not scene-chewing, heavy lifting acting, but there's pauses, and sighs, and idioms, and 'uhhhs' that just make conversations seem so much more natural and believable to me. All in all, I'm really getting into it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It it capped at 30, it dips well under 30, especially in the larger citiy.
    Nothing false about what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm not trolling.
    An 8 year old system is too old to run new games well.

Every two years is when a new system or a decent upgrade would be well worth your money. that does not mean you can't run games on a 2 year old system. Just like you can run games on your 8 year old PS but they sure as heck won't run as well as when the components were brand new and among the best you could get.

How is this hard to understand? Consoles are not magic that lest you alway have the best of everything. It's simply a small computer that you put in your livingroom rather than your office. There is no actuall difference between consoles and PCs - They both get old and 8 years is a LONG time.

Your personal insults will get you nowhere. Not here, not in life. It's just embarrasing.
    There isn't a natural system where games automatically get more advanced as time goes on. It's all down to the way the game is developed. If CDPR decided to make a game for the PlayStation 4 but failed to take into account the tech specs of the PlayStation 4, then if the game doesn't work well on the PlayStation 4 (the console it was developed for) they have done a shit job and are releasing a shit product. At the very least they should either put a sticker on the box saying "only recommended for PlayStation Pro or PlayStation 5" or allow reviewers to test the game to warn people they'll be getting a substandard experience. The thing is CDPR know they should have done this which is why they are offering refunds. You're literally trying to argue defence for people who have already pleaded guilty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Huge patch coming this week would be my guess, fixing the memory allocation thing, CPU utilisation and other config related issues with spawns and whatever. A much later patch by next month will fix the rest of the faults that can still be fixed but require time, like AI.
    I hope so, Haven't been able to play yet, but my current setup is kind of old, so any improvements would be nice before I start to play.

Honestly, I am kind of surprised about the amount of backlash: when it went gold it was already announced that it wasn't perfect and would require patching, which is even reinforced by the additional delay that was needed afterwards. Sure, the handeling of the consoles was scummy and should be criticized but there are a lot of posters here who don't seem to understand that CDPR has already made it clear that the launch could be rough. The game clearly needs some work, but it's far from unplayable (unless you're on an older console) but it still needs a lot of optimization before it's were they promised it would be.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    I hope so, Haven't been able to play yet, but my current setup is kind of old, so any improvements would be nice before I start to play.

Honestly, I am kind of surprised about the amount of backlash: when it went gold it was already announced that it wasn't perfect and would require patching, which is even reinforced by the additional delay that was needed afterwards. Sure, the handeling of the consoles was scummy and should be criticized but there are a lot of posters here who don't seem to understand that CDPR has already made it clear that the launch could be rough. The game clearly needs some work, but it's far from unplayable (unless you're on an older console) but it still needs a lot of optimization before it's were they promised it would be.
    Warning people about the unreliability of the product you're about to release isn't really praiseworthy to be fair. Also, bugs and performance aren't the only issues with this game.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2020-12-15 at 12:19 PM.