Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    Depends on your definition of minor issues.

I've had zero game breaking bugs. Worst I've had is when you get sick and your screen goes all fuzzy, it doesn't stop. But all you have to do is auto save and reload.

AI is dumb as fuck, that's a minor issue (traffic AI can be a major issue to many). It's not so bad for combat AI, but still dumb as fuck at times.

The distance cars turn to 2D just makes me cry inside.

Lots of glitches, when driving you will randomly appear out of your car, went to buy a vehicle and it was half underneath the ground, npc's half in a wall. I find the more you look for them, the more you find them.

I was expecting more from random NPCs, but no, it's just standard GTA style, where they do nothing. Worse in most ways, but at least they don't run away and freak out if you stand next to them.

I'm still playing 4K 60fps, with no fps drops at all, so I am happy, I just wish all these bugs didn't exist, as it does break the immersion.

Story is great, most side quests are great as well. To me it's the W3 in a cyberpunk universe, AI is dumb as fuck in the W3 as well, and that still has weird glitches all over the place, and I also remember the launch of that game, was far from smooth.
    Only "Immersion breaking thing" I had was my character sitting ontop of Panam in the driver seat once, other than that I can't really say.
    AI sure is lazy, but I didn't really notice much since I played on hardest, (If anything, the AI helped me through the early game).
    No graphic Gremlings or anything.

Edit: I'd like to add, I had a similar experience with Andromeda (Barr the face jank). So either Im oblivious, thick-skinned or plain lucky.
    Last edited by vian; 2020-12-16 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a good time with it, but the final stretch of the game ruined it for me. Probably sounds hyperbolic/whiny, but that's the only word that describes how I felt. I went from 'wow this is a pretty awesome game in a lot of ways' to wanting 60 hours of my life back.

Won't spoil anything (because fuck people who spoil stuff when its new) that happens but yeah, as soon as the credits rolled and I was sure there wasn't anything further to see, I practically tripped over my own fingers in my rush to uninstall it. Honestly, I think worse of it than the ME3 ending, and that's saying something.

On the bright side, I can return to focusing on Shadowlands stuff. CP2077 peeled me away for most of the last 3 or 4 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Again

Just because you're fine with subpar quality doesn't mean that quality is good

And playing a game/ watching a film are different things - you're objectively false - you can clearly feel visual lag and stutter below 60 fps

I can't stand playing games at sub-60 FPS for exactly that reason. In the past few years a couple of poorly optimized games ran for me at 30-40 FPS and I could absolutely feel the difference from games that run at 60+. SL beta with Raytraced shadows ran at 37-44 FPS for me on my previous PC and I hated how it felt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Only "Immersion breaking thing" I had was my character sitting ontop of Panam in the driver seat once

Had this happen to me as well after loading a save with her in mid-driving up to attack <redacted>. I was sitting on and clipping through her, and could see the back of her eyeballs and hair. It was pretty creepy. XD
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-12-16 at 11:20 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    can someone explain to me why did they spoil the death of jackie with their CGI a long time ago??? what was the reason? it was unnecessary, and actually would be much better to not expect it
    because of that i just waited for that moment and didnt rly feel that, u know
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I'm in two minds about Keanu. On the one hand, his performance is good and he clearly cared about the role, it's not a Dinklage phone-in or a weird Cleese cameo. On the other hand, I don't feel like I'm interacting with Johnny Silverhand I feel like I'm interacting with Keanu Reeves. In fairness, Reeves isn't a character actor so I wasn't expecting him to disappear into the role (and I'm sure CDPR wanted people to know it was him).
    IDK it's just different seeing 'real' Hollywood talent in a game as opposed to hearing the same 20 VAs in every game/animated movie/anime ever. I wonder if it's ultimately a good or bad thing for the industry, star power is cool and all but it doesn't come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is coming from people who don't understand basics as FPS itself isn't what makes game smooth, there is also monitor and game settings.

I recommend watching this first especially when he talks about witcher 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yeR...ature=youtu.be
    Especially around 5:30

Long story short, he played W3 on 4h but 30fps with locked framerates to match his monitor refreshrate and make it smoother.
    And properly optimised 30fps lock will be better than poorly done 60fps settings.
    Except that since that video was released G sync and free sync technology has become far more readily available and supported. If you have a free or g sync enabled monitor that runs at atleast 60Hz (ideally 144), you literally have no argument.
    G/free synch'd 60fps will always be smoother than g/free synched 30fps, if anything it would be even more noticeable to you because you've been playing at 30 for years.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    After creation feature changes isn't a basic RPG feature though since a lot do not have that feature. Even if body modification fits the theme of Cyberpunk it doesn't really need any thing more then hair options. And its not like you see a lot of the character creation features anyways since most will likely choose to play in full armor rather then keep some off for the role play.
    A lot of people are saying... Many people agree...
    I finished the game on v.hard and never wore a helmet even once because the vast vast majority look goofy as hell. Also, I saw myself all the time cruising around on my akira bike.

How about a torch? Or is being able to see in dark places not a basic feature of an rpg?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I have a shiny new PS5 that I want to get use out of and I prefer gaming on console when I can.
    >I prefer gaming on console when I can.
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Monster Hunter World says hi, apparently they missed the memo that they need holiday sales when they released in late Jan and it became the highest selling game in Capcom history. Why is fact checking a lost art before posting random shit that isn't true?
    Sure, there are always exceptions to the rule. R* typically does Spring launches from what I recall, though RDR2 was Fall due to delays. But how about some big name games games like Quake 2, Halo 2, KOTOR 2, Star Wars: Battlefront, SW: Old Republic, Ultima IX, a couple of the old Tomb Raiders, even going back to the original Final Fantasy (which I believe was pushed out the door while still in beta). Nintendo has been known to do it as well, see Mario Kart 7 and Wind Waker. Hardware is not immune, look at the X360 which was rushed out even with Microsoft knowing that the hardware had issues (and it cost them dearly), and the Playstation Classic was rushed out as the blunderful mess that it was.

Is my fact checking good enough for you now? And this was just a cursory glance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    How about a torch? Or is being able to see in dark places not a basic feature of an rpg?
    Turn the head lights on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Is my fact checking good enough for you now? And this was just a cursory glance.
    Nintendo Switch, TLOU2, FF7R, Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild and many other titles have released outside the holiday window and sold like crazy. Would some sales be missed? Maybe. But time and time again it has been shown you do not need to sell around the holidays to have huge sales.

If people want your product they will by it no matter the time of year it is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Like I said, its just because your expectations. I played games for decade for well under 30 fps and to me 30 just feels more natural. I can't watch movies over 30fps.
    If you would play everything on 30fps you would get used to it and say its smooth.

But saying 30fps is not smooth is just objectively false simply because you would have issues watching most of the movies.
    Lmao, "expectations".

Not only it's not smooth, there's also input lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Sad
    I work on my PC all day. Sometimes I like to chill in the living room with my girlfriend and play games. If you can't understand that, then that's pretty sad.

I work on my PC all day. Sometimes I like to chill in the living room with my girlfriend and play games. If you can't understand that, then that's pretty sad.
    Flip the script, put your computer in the living room or your partner in the computer room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean new gen consoles are more powerful than most people's PCs - a console is a sensible option at this point
    I don't think it's a good time to buy tech right now period.
    Xbox has literally NO GAEMS;
    PS5 has a spiderman expansion pack;
    People will gun your down in the street for team green cards; and;
    While team red gives better per dollar performance with no raytracing if every new release is going to crutch as hard on DLSS as cyberpunk you're going to be left laughably behind.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Flip the script, put your computer in the living room or your partner in the computer room.
    I actually had it set up that way, but once I started working from home my pets were too distracting so I had to move to my office. Plus, sometimes it's nice to have a space to yourself when you wanna be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    It is by far definitely NOT the best game of the year. NOT. A. SINGLE. CHANCE. Most aspects of this game are way WAY too out dated.
    People that thought with over expectations it would even have a chance to be that. Are used to falling into hype too easy and are literral sheeps when it comes anything that is getting into the hype easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    People that thought with over expectations it would even have a chance to be that. Are used to falling into hype too easy and are literral sheeps when it comes anything that is getting into the hype easily.
    Not their fault. A solid company in charge of a solid game. We're not talking fallout 89 here. The marketing was done in a way that left very little to doubt. Complete freedom, your actions matter, that sort of language. Can't even get a haircut lol

Based on this thread and a few of my friends who got a few hundred hours out of games like skyrim in the past posting that they've finished cyberpunk already... I'm starting to get the sense this is more like Outer Worlds in terms of scope and freedom. The city might be huge, but it seems rather shallow. The story seems nice, but rather short. I'm sure it will be enjoyable, just not sure it's the "futuristic witcher 3/skyrim/whatever big open world RPG equivalent" I was hoping for. I'll wait. Maybe by the time I can get my hands on a new GPU the game will be more fleshed out.

That's what steam link is for.

Some random user review:
    "we were expecting GTA meets deus ex, and instead we got ToddHowarded""

sure a lot of PC elitists in here.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Sad
    yeah what kind of freak would enjoy playing on their console!! INSANE. imagine relaxing on your couch with your wife watching you play on your 70in tv. who could ever enjoy that. lmfao

Customization shortcomings (in my opinion):
    >no heterochromia option (should be absolutely obvious in a setting with cyberware)
    >no body size options
    >in some departments, not enough color choices
    >no option for "one sided" cyberware, everything being mirrored is lame
    >no cheekbone options
    >the "large" breast size is still pretty small

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yeah what kind of freak would enjoy playing on their console!! INSANE. imagine relaxing on your couch with your wife watching you play on your 70in tv. who could ever enjoy that. lmfao
    You can do just that with a pc