Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Players: "Blizzard took my loot away! I'm quitting!"

The same fucking players: "I can't wait for TBC!"
    There are arguably more chances for loot in TBC than shadowlands, when you compare launch content. Especially so when you inlcude the fact that masterlooter exists in BC and does not in shadowlands.

We demanded that they remove titanforging for years and they finally did. It's a good thing

I raid and I think this is a good change.

Loot matters once again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    We demanded that they remove titanforging for years and they finally did. It's a good thing
    Titanforging needed to go, they didn't need to reduced the overall drop rate of loot in raids though in addition to removing TF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Blizzard dev once said this on a lecture:

Im absolutely feeling it with PvP reward system being so generous.
    I dont know about PvE players
    If you only raid - literally 6-8 hours of content a week - then yeah, you're going to feel shafted on loot. As someone who raids and does m+, I have no problems getting gear.

15+ years of the entire loot system revolving around raid lockouts. I'm damned happy that has finally changed - even if raids still provide the highest level of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by stutt- View Post
    Suggested to greatly decrease loot in raids? I'm at this very moment on Sire and not a single drop I got, just anima and gold, anima and gold, anima and gold. Not sure how this equates to good raid design, I don't get it.
    If you'd really be interested in the answer you wouldn't have opened this thread since it has been answered numerous times.
    Without titanforging loot has higher value, because when it drops you dont have to pray for TF. So in the end you get bis gear
    WAY faster than before even with lower droprates. quick maths.

Just add the Heroic raid chest to the blizz store for real money.

That way the people who want gear fast can get it, and those who want it to be "slow and meaningful" can do it their way.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Hilarious, it's always like this. Remember how great classic was because of how scarce the loot was and how retail is icky because it showers you with purple welfares?

Quote Originally Posted by prolonged View Post
    There are arguably more chances for loot in TBC than shadowlands, when you compare launch content. Especially so when you inlcude the fact that masterlooter exists in BC and does not in shadowlands.
    You can't possibly be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    There being an abundance of loot has been a major issue in WoW for a very long time. They're finally nerfing loot drop across the board, not just in raids, get used to it.

Without titanforging, you'd be walking around in full raid gear in 2-3 weeks and be done with progression, while none of the items you earned would feel any special. Might as well remove gear entirely then.

That being said though, m+ is still way too op right now and this has to be heavily nerfed as well.
    lmao. I've ran 15 m+ dungeons so far and have received 1 item, so I will personally and objectively disagree with this. I am aware that the dungeon still drops a guaranteed # of drops, but I personally have not been a part of that equation. This is an amplified issue if you are pugging, where people are not willing to share.

I have also killed 13 raid bosses since it's released and received 1 item, on the first boss. Anima and gold since then.

It's discouraging, especially for personal growth and trying to push my character past its means while others are naturally progressing with improved ilvls.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Hilarious, it's always like this. Remember how great classic was because of how scarce the loot was and how retail is icky because it showers you with purple welfares?
    I think history will start to repeat. At some point Blizzard will bend to people screaming over more loot (doesn't have to be done in one expac, it could be slow process, one item here, one more item there). Then people will complete their stuff very quickly and people will bitch about "nothing to do". Then Blizzard will start adding some gimmicks to loot to extend people playtime...

This community tend to forget about old problems like 5 minutes after they're solved. And since solutions are never perfect, instead enjoying what they have, they start pitchfork current iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You can't possibly be serious.
    Why, because he doesnt agree with your ultimate truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Yea it's hilarious they reduced the loot drops without providing a badge system to compensate. They're playing with fire imo.
    You mean like The Vault?

I'm all for the lower amount of drops. But ONLY if it's well balanced when it comes to RNG distrubution. With so little loot dropping, situations such as one person getting 6 drops out of 10 bosses, while someone can see not a single drop is terrible and could be simply solved by implementing some kind of bad luck protection. Especially when it's the worst performers that get most of the loot and it's not that big of a gain, slowing the whole raiding group down.

Exadtly. I work and have a life besides. I won't be farming anything for months to come. This expansion was amazing, they had to ruin it with this RNG crapfest. Some people can't raid every week, it's not sustainable.

I'd still pay my damn subscription, and play casually. Don't think forcing me to do so, by farming loot, will compel me to raid forever.

Best raid since Ulduar though, GJ!
    Which brings us back to the age old question. Why do you need raid gear?
    Because i want to make my character feel stronger!
    But for what? That Flappy bird world quest or doing your Callings? If you can't handle that loot is more scarce then wait for the world quests to scale up so you can feel stronger, you dont need loot in every single orifice.

People wanted loot to be loot, now it finally is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish they just had a badge system again so it feels like you're getting something during those bad luck runs.

Suggested to greatly decrease loot in raids? I'm at this very moment on Sire and not a single drop I got, just anima and gold, anima and gold, anima and gold. Not sure how this equates to good raid design, I don't get it.
    You can thank all the players who complained loot was raining from the sky along with Titanforging and Warforging needed to be gone. This is what happens when those people complain and the devs listen.

i see it in 2 ways based of the goals blizz see in player:
    - if the goal of the game is kill hard boss and loot is the "tool" for it then is WRONG to have less loot, and we should switch to diablo lootfeast where you get tons of item and then push your goal (you get full 184, you kill raid, raid drop tons of 200, you go to hc, hc drops tons of 213 you go to mythic) just make all happy giving loot, problem will be how much loot for time played (1 piece every 4 hours of activity will be fantastic) and how to make loot matters (destroy balance for the sake of OP sensation like diablo did)(OP trinket, OP sets deep gameplaychange leggendary),hard to make, hard to balance, hard to keep up on giving player content to win, risk of ppl getting burn out, but KEEP PPL PLAY CAUSE THEY WANT KILL BOSS AND TRY DIFFERENT WAY(equip set/talent/leggo/trinket....)TO DO IT, SO MORE MONEY
    - if the goal of the game is being top equipped and raid/m+/pvp is the "tool" for it then is RIGHT to have almost no loot, cause otherwise you get all and stop play, this will make loot as a reward so no need to be OP or Power cause you do not use it, easy to make, easy to balance, risk of player givin up but KEEP PPL PLAY UNTIL THEY ARE FULLY EQUIPPED SO MORE MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    did you joined the game recently like in mop/wod? it's one of the best decision they've made in a while
    also, it's either that or titanforge, they can't have both
    Well clearly you never played before throne of thunder. We in fact did have no titanforging and more loot...oh and more players...

Quote Originally Posted by Malvient View Post
    If you only raid - literally 6-8 hours of content a week - then yeah, you're going to feel shafted on loot. As someone who raids and does m+, I have no problems getting gear.

15+ years of the entire loot system revolving around raid lockouts. I'm damned happy that has finally changed - even if raids still provide the highest level of loot.
    I timed 4 keys got a 190 weapon, I ran 5 M0's and killed 20 M0 bosses this week for 2 pieces of loot both for my highest ilvl spot. An I killed 10 bosses this week in Raid for a cloak, which came on Wednesday reset because Blizzard merged LFR and Normals loot table.

So for me, I definitely feel like my time is being wasted..