Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else have an issue with their game camera just randomly juttering after entering/ exiting the menu, have to save and reopen save to get it back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    There's deeper issues than bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Not for you no. Whatever I said to fencers applies to you too.
    There's deeper issues than bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Not for you no. Whatever I said to fencers applies to you too.
    All you're saying is "It's missing x feature" then "Well x feature isn't up to standards". Again, you fell for marketing hype. It's your fault. I'm greatly enjoying the game with 0 expectations going in to the game. I haven't even played The Witcher so its not some fanboyism.

A flat world, without interaction and dumb AI. How would you define that? What's the right terminology? Notice I didn't mention fun. Fun is a personal thing. Having no interaction with the world (fact) and a non responsive AI (fact) however, are factual elements that make Night City less interactive, less "alive". Not everything is based on individual perception come on let move away from the 70s°
    It's souless because of limited interaction and dumb ai? Disagree. The story is great, the voice acting is great, the conversational choices, driving around the city, the television/radio news broadcasts, the visuals of the city and billboards, hearing NPCs talk, and the awesome OST. All that is there and gets me immersed. I don't need shallow interactions with NPCs that won't effect fuck all story wise or gameplay wise. And IMMERSION is ABSOLUTELY based off INDIVIDUAL PERCEPTION. Why the fuck would you not being immersed effect my immersion? Absurd, some people have more active imaginations and absolutely takes less for them to get immersed than other people. FACT.

It is related. The moment CDPR said "this is going to be an X game" they agreed to a set of standards that defines what makes X genre good. That's how we determine if a game is "good" or "bad". Open world rpg? OK. Give me immersion, rpg elements, variety. Can you enjoy a game that goes below the bar that has been set by the games that came before? Of course you can. That's personal. But if you show up with an open world rpg in 2020 with an AI dumber than GTA3 (2001) and a world less interactive than any game set in an open world setting (can't sit down and eat? Oblivion had that ffs), than your product is below standard.
    Just more exaggerated BS. I already showed how immersion can be different for people and how the game is immersive for me. RPG elements? You mean like leveling your character up, choosing stats to improve, and perk trees to choose from? THOSE RPG ELEMENTS? Yeah those are there too. Variety? Variety of what? That's just generic and means nothing. Variety of RPG elements? Like the 5 different paths you can focus on? And again, world less interactive than any before it? Have you played Assassins Creed or Ghost of Tsushima, hell even Spider-Man? None of those have any meaningful interaction with the world/random NPCs. Pure exaggerated BS.

When they said you'd have complete freedom to do whatever you want with your char. You're still talking enjoyment. That's personal. The 8 preset haircuts, dozen of noses and whatever else however, speak a different story. You're taking this the wrong way. If whatever ingredient you used for your dish was rotten, we can objectively say your dish was poor. I can enjoy it still, sure. I love my rotten fish in the morning, but the dish you prepared is still objectively bad as the ingredients are faulty. This is what happened to the game here. The ingredients mixed to get us that specific dish they wanted to prepare are all wrong. You can enjoy it that's cool, but that surely ain't lasagna.
    Here's you falling for marketing hype again lol. You really belived that you'd have "complete freedom to do whatever you want with your char"? Like how would they even implement "doing anything you want". Do you have an actual quote or is this just made up in your head?

That last sentence is preposterous. What makes a good Western, a good action movie, a good ballad, a good novel are a set of ingredients (to refer to the analogy above) that is very well defined. Otherwise you have a cacophony of individualism where everything is good and everything is bad. Enough of that shit please, once again let's move away from the 70s. Let's define immersion. Graphics definitely helps. Can't deny that CP2077 nails it there. Although if you look deeply, you can see that the aesthetics of this sci fi world are at times random, non functional. But that's minimal. The world is definitely immersive at least in a visual way. Let's dig deeper though. Interaction. That's a big thing for immersion. Interacting with the world and its inhabitants is a big part of what defines immersion. You can't use chairs in CP2077. You can't buy a soup and eat it. It sends you to an interface where the food instantly disappears and that's it. Compare it to red dead redemption for example. Let's talk interaction with NPCs. Actually let's not, you know well what's going on there. The result is a beautiful world, with no depth. Can you get immersed? Surely. Can you enjoy it? Surely. How does it compare to similar titles of the same genre? Poorly. Way below standard.
    That's YOUR definition of immersion. The fact that you keep thinking its not subjective is kind of hilarious. Interacting with the world and inhabitant's does not definie immersion for me. The story, the atmopshere, the sounds, the OST, the visuals, the conversational choices are what immerse me. Let's not kid ourselves here. Open world games are known for having quantity over quality. You are overhyping just about every open world game ever. The quality of the story/voice acting blows out every other open world game for me (so far). That is what immerses me. You can keep your own subjective definition to yourself and stop defining what makes games immersive for other people. So I can't sit in a random chair and eat fucking soup. When I walk up to a quest giver and they say "have a seat" and I SIT DOWN and having a conversation is what makes the game immersive for me. Not fucking buying soup and eating it at a table. The world and lore is built and I feel like a character in it that makes choices. OH GOD I DONT HAVE SOUP WHAT THE FUCK WILL I DO!!! LMAO

Same point again. Enjoyment is personal. The judgement given to a product belonging to a specific genre however, can and has to be objective. Enough of individual worlds with their individual opinions. Look at the mess that shit brought us.
    Enjoyment is personal... but immersion isn't because.... it doesn't line up with your argument.

And same here, totally tasteless.
    Revolutionising a taste is based on something purely personal. Taste. Revolutionising a genre however, well... That's based on a very quantifiable set of factors as per described above. Can you sue Pepsi for being tasteless? Nope. Can you blame Pepsi if a specific ingredient of a specific batch was poisonous? Hell yeah. Can you call a ballad with a trash metal drum beat, still a ballad? Can you call a book about in depth marine biology a novel? Genres do have factors they need to adhere to if they want to be called that.
    Again here's you fallling for the "revolutionising the genre" marketing again.

Now, can a game or a product of any kind, break the boundaries of its genre? Yes, and that's a work of genius. Dark souls 1 does that. Depth through world building, and sparse, incredibly good writing. An action adventure game deeper than many full on open world rpgs out there. But those, let's face it are far and few in between. And CP2077 surely isn't one of them.
    Dark Souls 1 a work of genius and boundary breaking? lol hardly, it was an upgrade over its predecessor but the clunky ass gameplay and crap story made it way overrated. I wasn't immersed at all in that game so neither should you have been *eyeroll*

And I'm sorry, because as much as I hate the way this turned into, I had great hopes. I'm tired of fantasy, a break would have been so good. Pity. Next time I guess.
    But thanks for admitting to buying into the marketing hype yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    All you're saying is "It's missing x feature" then "Well x feature isn't up to standards". Again, you fell for marketing hype. It's your fault. I'm greatly enjoying the game with 0 expectations going in to the game. I haven't even played The Witcher so its not some fanboyism.

It's souless because of limited interaction and dumb ai? Disagree. The story is great, the voice acting is great, the conversational choices, driving around the city, the television/radio news broadcasts, the visuals of the city and billboards, hearing NPCs talk, and the awesome OST. All that is there and gets me immersed. I don't need shallow interactions with NPCs that won't effect fuck all story wise or gameplay wise. And IMMERSION is ABSOLUTELY based off INDIVIDUAL PERCEPTION. Why the fuck would you not being immersed effect my immersion? Absurd, some people have more active imaginations and absolutely takes less for them to get immersed than other people. FACT.

Just more exaggerated BS. I already showed how immersion can be different for people and how the game is immersive for me. RPG elements? You mean like leveling your character up, choosing stats to improve, and perk trees to choose from? THOSE RPG ELEMENTS? Yeah those are there too. Variety? Variety of what? That's just generic and means nothing. Variety of RPG elements? Like the 5 different paths you can focus on? And again, world less interactive than any before it? Have you played Assassins Creed or Ghost of Tsushima, hell even Spider-Man? None of those have any meaningful interaction with the world/random NPCs. Pure exaggerated BS.

Here's you falling for marketing hype again lol. You really belived that you'd have "complete freedom to do whatever you want with your char"? Like how would they even implement "doing anything you want". Do you have an actual quote or is this just made up in your head?

That's YOUR definition of immersion. The fact that you keep thinking its not subjective is kind of hilarious. Interacting with the world and inhabitant's does not definie immersion for me. The story, the atmopshere, the sounds, the OST, the visuals, the conversational choices are what immerse me. Let's not kid ourselves here. Open world games are known for having quantity over quality. You are overhyping just about every open world game ever. The quality of the story/voice acting blows out every other open world game for me (so far). That is what immerses me. You can keep your own subjective definition to yourself and stop defining what makes games immersive for other people. So I can't sit in a random chair and eat fucking soup. When I walk up to a quest giver and they say "have a seat" and I SIT DOWN and having a conversation is what makes the game immersive for me. Not fucking buying soup and eating it at a table. The world and lore is built and I feel like a character in it that makes choices. OH GOD I DONT HAVE SOUP WHAT THE FUCK WILL I DO!!! LMAO

Enjoyment is personal... but immersion isn't because.... it doesn't line up with your argument.

Again here's you fallling for the "revolutionising the genre" marketing again.

Dark Souls 1 a work of genius and boundary breaking? lol hardly, it was an upgrade over its predecessor but the clunky ass gameplay and crap story made it way overrated. I wasn't immersed at all in that game so neither should you have been *eyeroll*

But thanks for admitting to buying into the marketing hype yet again.
    Good lord.

1) I'm truly happy you're enjoying the game.

2) Yes exactly that. Immersion is personal but the factors thar help define it aren't undefined mumbo jumbo. The fact that NPC AI is dumber than a game 19 years ago, traffic AI non existant and world interaction is piss poor aren't opinions. Are factor that make this game a poor game of its genre. Your (or my) opinions are of no importance. You enjoy it. Good happy for you.

3)yes RPG elements and variety like depth, alternative solutions to issues, a rich talent tree. You know. All things that define the rpg genre.

4) A barbershop in game and a better character creation would have been enough. Wild stuff I know. Dark souls 3 (2015? 2016?) has a richer character creation tool set than CP2077.

5) that's great. Thanks for letting me know what immerses you.

6) you weren't immersed in ds1. I'm sorry. The world building and writing are held as a pinnacle in gaming though. I wonder why. Maybe cause the factors that define a genre aren't pErSoNaL but actually based on a series of quantifiable factors.

7) OH NO YOU GOT ME

Good lord.

2) Yes exactly that. Immersion is personal but the factors thar help define it aren't undefined mumbo jumbo. The fact that NPC AI is dumber than a game 19 years ago, traffic AI non existant and world interaction is piss poor aren't opinions. Are factor that make this game a poor game of its genre. Your (or my) opinions are of no importance. You enjoy it. Good happy for you.

3)yes RPG elements and variety like depth, alternative solutions to issues, a rich talent tree. You know. All things that define the rpg genre.

4) A barbershop in game and a better character creation would have been enough. Wild stuff I know. Dark souls 3 (2015? 2016?) has a richer character creation tool set than CP2077.

6) you weren't immersed in ds1. I'm sorry. The world building and writing are held as a pinnacle in gaming though. I wonder why. Maybe cause the factors that define a genre aren't pErSoNaL but actually based on a series of quantifiable factors.

7) OH NO YOU GOT ME
    2)You literally made up your own definition and criteria. Thats literally mumbo jumbo.

3) Again going with the no rpg elements and now adding alternative solutions? It does have rpg elements.. there's 5 different fucking talent trees lol.You can go through the game without killing anybody. Stop making shit up rofl.

4) It not being deep enough is again your fault for believing "you can do anything"

And lol at dark souls writing being held as a pinnacle in gaming.

2)You literally made up your own definition and criteria. Thats literally mumbo jumbo.

3) Again going with the no rpg elements and now adding alternative solutions? It does have rpg elements.. there's 5 different fucking talent trees lol.You can go through the game without killing anybody. Stop making shit up rofl.

4) It not being deep enough is again your fault for believing "you can do anything"

And lol at dark souls writing being held as a pinnacle in gaming.
    Actually you know what, you're right. Sorry, my bad. Cheerios.

Good lord I don't know how anyone can find any info on the game itself from someone actually playing it with these crazy diatribes @Cringefest keeps spouting all over the thread. For someone who doesn't play a game you sure have a lot of crap to say about it. Since you still live with your mom, maybe go ask her if she ever taught you the lesson about not saying anything if you don't have anything nice to say.

Or is your main goal just to replace Tech (since he has apparently been banned again) or maybe JT as the largest know-it-all on the forums?

Have fun with that, it's not exactly a good title to have...

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Good lord I don't know how anyone can find any info on the game itself from someone actually playing it with these crazy diatribes @Cringefest keeps spouting all over the thread. For someone who doesn't play a game you sure have a lot of crap to say about it. Since you still live with your mom, maybe go ask her if she ever taught you the lesson about not saying anything if you don't have anything nice to say.

Or is your main goal just to replace Tech (since he has apparently been banned again) or maybe JT as the largest know-it-all on the forums?

I wish I was. Or at least I wish she'd be still alive. I'm old enough to be your grandpa most likely.
    That's a lot of assumptions you have there big boy. You know what happens when you assume huh. You put an ass before u and me *wink*.

Come on. Tell us about how the game rUnS gReAt fOr yOu.

But dude it doesn't have rpg elements! You can't even level up stats or customize your character through 5 different talent tree!

But dude it doesn't have rpg elements! You can't even level up stats or customize your character through 5 different talent tree!
    *inserts smart reply*

I wish I was. Or at least I wish she'd be still alive. I'm old enough to be your grandpa most likely.
    That's a lot of assumptions you have there big boy. You know what happens when you assume huh. You put an ass before u and me *wink*.

Come on. Tell us about how the game rUnS gReAt fOr yOu.
    Tell Us AlL aBoUt nO rPg ElEmEnTs some more.

Tell Us AlL aBoUt nO rPg ElEmEnTs some more.
    You can check one of the several articles or reviews. I'm done, time to play Battle Brothers while I wait for Fencers to reply. Good luck in Night City homie.

I mean, I'm currently playing through the game so I have first hand experience. I don't really need to read an article or review. You should try it, you may know what you're talking about in the future. And why are you playing Battle Brothers? You can't even buy soup in that game!

I mean, I'm currently playing through the game so I have first hand experience. I don't really need to read an article or review. You should try it, you may know what you're talking about in the future. And why are you playing Battle Brothers? You can't even buy soup in that game!
    Cause it's got depth a game like CP2077 couldnt even dream of. You should try. But maybe it's not of your taste. Stick to CP2077. And Fast and Furious. I heard the latest one might fill your needs.

Cause it's got depth a game like CP2077 couldnt even dream of. You should try. But maybe it's not of your taste. Stick to CP2077. And Fast and Furious. I heard the latest one might fill your needs.
    Man, I thought you were done? Can't even get "I'm done talking to you" response right lol.

Oh man you burned that game hard!!! A singleplayer story driven RPG lacking depth!! But you don't even know what's in the game LOL. Man, I guess because I like CP2077 I can't like any other games. That's some great logic you got there, no wonder your posts were filled with made up shit.

5 years so up to 2015? You mean it beats anything that has been released since 2015? Is that why CDPR has lost 2 billions, is being sued by shareholders and has attracted a massive amount of criticism for a variety of reasons both in game and outside of it.
    Not quite sure what you're on about here.

Good lord.

7) OH NO YOU GOT ME
    lol. dude i love dark souls and sekiro soo deeply that i think the amount of time i waste only wandering aroung the map could shit even my gametime of wow.
    but ds writing pinnacle? the story is literally "you weak up, someone say you something and you start your journey about killing gods" thats all.
    the setting surely is one of the best, but frankly, cp77 hasnt any less. even only the ingame ads can easily shit in the heads most of the games around, damn there are even the low tier quests (the ones were you just clean up thugs in the map) that refer eachother (or other bigger quests).....

and alternative solutions? dude, i cant even start how much you can juggle with the hacking alone. its mostly pointless? probably. the "difficulty" is low? sure. optimized build shit on everything? i mean, thats the problem in every single rpg. but you can really do crazy combos in this game...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished my second playthrough. Man, are the endings different. I don't know how it is under the hood, but it just feels so layered and complex. It feels sort of old school in a way. I don't feel like I'm 'picking' an ending, more like the choices I've made and side quests I went out of my way to do put me on a path to a particular one. I think how I treated Johnny might have affected it, or it may just be because of my choices. He did seem much more friendly my first time, and my second time I never did his side quests and I chose lots of pro-Arasaka options, so of course he would be pissed, might have nothing to do with how I treated him. Time for my third, maybe final time, until the DLC comes out. I'm hoping I can get the platinum with this last character, might not be able to if there is more than three trophies tied to particular endings. Anyway, whether the endings are as complex as I think, or it's just an illusion of choice that buckles after too many times of seeing it, it felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You can look in mirrors and there is a "selfie" cam type thing in-game. If you are on PC the default key is N, IIRC.

Just an FYI if you did not know.
    They lied or cut the content.

Although it was first person there were to be lots of opportunities to see your character through reflections in the world and they show us a working mirror not a bloody slab of metal you activate to see yourself awkwardly staring in a locked position.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure that account exists exclusively to troll this thread. Apparently the mods don't want to deal with him. Put him on ignore and stop replying to an obvious troll that isn't worth acknowledging even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Pretty sure that account exists exclusively to troll this thread. Apparently the mods don't want to deal with him. Put him on ignore and stop replying to an obvious troll that isn't worth acknowledging even exists.
    It is quite impressive though. He's basically been living in this thread ever since the game launched. That is some dedicated trolling.