Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Only sadists like third person shooters.
    You better be trolling.... cause if serious,

/facepalmthroughface
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Its a fun game if you got an SSD. I'm having a blast
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Are there not ways to play pc games on large screen televisions with controllers whilst sitting in a recliner?

Is my life a lie!? Is what i'm doing not possible?! Am I not real?!
    I've tried using a PS4 controller with a PC, it's a bitch.

it is actually pretty fun, the story is well written. it's just a pity that the game runs like ass

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    So basically, with the save corruption bug fixed on PC, the game is perfectly playable now on PC. You don't really have to worry about anything major happening to your game now.

Just like I pointed out before....this game was most definitely made to be played on PC first. Which is why I never once entertained the notion of trying it on console since the moment I saw the first gameplay trailer. Doesn't excuse the state of the game on consoles still, but anyone with a shred of common sense should have known not to try this game on ancient 8th gen hardware from 2013.
    Not entirely, I'm still getting somewhat random PC crashes but overall it's getting more stable, hope to see the last patches for that in the coming weeks.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried the adaptive controller that microsoft made? I have a friend who is disabled and he really likes it but it wouldn't surprise me if it's not for everyone.
    It is something I have looked at quite a lot but not something I have tried, I definitely would use this over a normal controller given the chance, I think, a few of the accessories look really useful. But kb/m works fine for me as long as I can use workarounds for them although it is something i might invest in down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Not entirely, I'm still getting somewhat random PC crashes but overall it's getting more stable, hope to see the last patches for that in the coming weeks.
    Curious to know what your PC setup is then. I haven’t had the game crash on me a single time on PC in over 60 hours of gameplay. I have a Ryzen 7 5800X for my CPU, an RTX 3070 for my GPU, 32GB of RAM, and playing the game off of an M.2 SSD.

I also just upgraded my PC specifically for this game because I knew it would be a more demanding game. Just like how I upgraded my PC when the Witcher 3 launched for the same reasons (at the time, I got a GTX 980ti).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    it is actually pretty fun, the story is well written. it's just a pity that the game runs like ass
    I’m guessing you’re playing on console then or a lower end PC?

Granted, my PC is pretty beast now, but I’ve been running the game at maxed out settings, maxed out Ray tracing, with DLSS set to Quailty, all at 1080p and haven’t had any issues with it. Game runs smooth with no crashes.

Curious to know what your PC setup is then. I haven’t had the game crash on me a single time on PC in over 60 hours of gameplay. I have a Ryzen 7 5800X for my CPU, an RTX 3070 for my GPU, 32GB of RAM, and playing the game off of an M.2 SSD.

I also just upgraded my PC specifically for this game because I knew it would be a more demanding game. Just like how I upgraded my PC when the Witcher 3 launched for the same reasons (at the time, I got a GTX 980ti).

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, my PC is pretty beast now, but I’ve been running the game at maxed out settings, maxed out Ray tracing, with DLSS set to Quailty, all at 1080p and haven’t had any issues with it. Game runs smooth with no crashes.
    Don't think it's fair to judge others experience when you have a 3070. I have a 3080, run the game in 4K, never drop below 60fps and haven't crashed once. But it's fact not many people have these cards and majority of people have cards like a 1080 (might be wrong here).

While I think the game is great from a story and visual perspective, outside of crappy minor bugs, the dumb ass UI and lack of choices that actually matter have put me off another playthrough. I started a new game as a Corp, first run was as a Street Kid. You're put into the same old routine almost immediately.

AI also annoyed me the more I played, it's just as bad as the W3 AI. They got a massive grant from the polish government to develop next gen AI, they should be in trouble for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    Don't think it's fair to judge others experience when you have a 3070. I have a 3080, run the game in 4K, never drop below 60fps and haven't crashed once. But it's fact not many people have these cards and majority of people have cards like a 1080 (might be wrong here).

While I think the game is great from a story and visual perspective, outside of crappy minor bugs, the dumb ass UI and lack of choices that actually matter have put me off another playthrough. I started a new game as a Corp, first run was as a Street Kid. You're put into the same old routine almost immediately.

AI also annoyed me the more I played, it's just as bad as the W3 AI. They got a massive grant from the polish government to develop next gen AI, they should be in trouble for that shit.
    Hence why I asked what kind of setup they were playing on. Trying to see if it’s more a problem with their hardware than anything else.

Hence why I asked what kind of setup they were playing on. Trying to see if it’s more a problem with their hardware than anything else.
    It almost certainly is.

Still doesn't excuse the many minor bugs (which were also in W3 at launch, many still are), and the dumb ass AI, and especially the 2D cars at from not a very far distance, that just disappear when you get closer.

- - - Updated - - -

3070 is on the highest end of cards (and isn't even available right now at anything I would consider an acceptable price considering how out of stock everything past a 2060 is) and you play at a low resolution for that kind of card. I have a 1660 Super and on Medium-High with no ray tracing at 1080p I average at about 45 FPS, 40 while driving. I haven't crashed once, but I do get a fair number of animation goofs, some graphical glitches, and three quests bugged in various ways. I also notice shadows and especially cars pop-in when driving fast, it's very jarring and I doubt it's because my settings aren't at the highest.

Apart from the quests bugging that's about the average for open world games, and the performance isn't too bad but not amazing either. It's not as shitty as the Horizon Zero Dawn port, but nowhere near the optimization masterpiece that was Doom Eternal for instance.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

It's worth mentioning the game crutches super hard on DLSS so even high-end non-RTX cards or AMD6000s don't have as high of a performance as they really should be getting.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    3070 is on the highest end of cards (and isn't even available right now at anything I would consider an acceptable price considering how out of stock everything past a 2060 is) and you play at a low resolution for that kind of card. I have a 1660 Super and on Medium-High with no ray tracing at 1080p I average at about 45 FPS, 40 while driving. I haven't crashed once, but I do get a fair number of animation goofs, some graphical glitches, and three quests bugged in various ways. I also notice shadows and especially cars pop-in when driving fast, it's very jarring and I doubt it's because my settings aren't at the highest.

Apart from the quests bugging that's about the average for open world games, and the performance isn't too bad but not amazing either. It's not as shitty as the Horizon Zero Dawn port, but nowhere near the optimization masterpiece that was Doom Eternal for instance.
    I always have to chuckle at the people who say something like a 3070 is too powerful of a card for 1080p. It most certainly isn’t if you plan on playing with everything maxed out and are playing on a 144Hz monitor so you can also get really high frame rates at the same time. Which is what I’m doing. The game looks gorgeous AND runs buttery smooth with high frame rate. Best of both worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    It's worth mentioning the game crutches super hard on DLSS so even high-end non-RTX cards or AMD6000s don't have as high of a performance as they really should be getting.
    True. But what did you expect when NVIDIA announced they were working in close collaboration with CDPRed? They were obviously going to lean heavily on the RTX and DLSS features. And I’m glad they did. The game looks and runs amazing when utilizing them.

No point in gimping a game just so it runs on every toaster and fridge people try to play games on.

No point in gimping a game just so it runs on every toaster and fridge people try to play games on.
    Its such a pretty looking toaster though

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Lol yeah. That is ironic that they made a special CP2077 Xbox that can’t play the game very well.

Granted, my comment was aimed more at the people with shitty PCs who try to play games like this.

Curious to know what your PC setup is then. I haven’t had the game crash on me a single time on PC in over 60 hours of gameplay.
    I actually had my first crashes today, after about 45 hours of play. And after I had one, it crashed again and again for the next few hours. I think a lot of crashes must be caused by some specific circumstances in-game that can stick with you for a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

From what I hear, the XBox One X actually plays the game about as well as PCs. It's the base XBox One that has the framerate "issues" people complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I actually had my first crashes today, after about 45 hours of play. And after I had one, it crashed again and again for the next few hours. I think a lot of crashes must be caused by some specific circumstances in-game that can stick with you for a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I hear, the XBox One X actually plays the game about as well as PCs. It's the base XBox One that has the framerate "issues" people complain about.
    Fair enough. I never came across a game crash while playing, so I guess I was lucky to not encounter any situations that lead to one.

And of all the 8th gen hardware, it makes sense that the One X would handle it the best. It’s the most powerful one. The shitty CPU inside of it still holds it back in a game like this, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I've tried using a PS4 controller with a PC, it's a bitch.
    Hm. How So? I have used the PS4 controller, the wired Xbox controller, Steam controller, an 8 Bitdo SNES/NES controller, and a cheapo Logitech PS2 ripoff on PC just fine.

I use DS4Windows and it basically mimics an Xbox controller- which is usually Plug & Play on PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    nowhere near the optimization masterpiece that was Doom Eternal for instance.
    Hallowed be thy name. DE is still the top game of the year for me and puts to shame most other games in execution and design.

On CP2077, I have a 1080 and have everything at medium basically. Motion blur and Chromatic whateverthefuck are off though because I hate those effects- no problems running the game as is and CP2077 looks good enough for me. But we have a more powerful PC in the house with a 5600 XT (iirc) and CP2077 still runs choppy as hell on high settings.

I think Geforce Now runs CP2077 the best but has a dynamic resolution thingy or some other setting that causes the text to get out of alignment and it pissed me off enough to not use Geforce Now as much.

PS5 is pretty decent at running CP2077 too. I'd play on PS5 if it was not for the fact I can not handle the PS5 controller.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-26 at 05:47 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. How So? I have used the PS4 controller, the wired Xbox controller, Steam controller, an 8 Bitdo SNES/NES controller, and a cheapo Logitech PS2 ripoff on PC just fine.

I use DS4Windows and it basically mimics an Xbox controller- which is usually Plug & Play on PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Hallowed be thy name. DE is still the top game of the year for me and puts to shame most other games in execution and design.

I have a 1080 and have everything at medium basically. Motion blur and Chromatic whateverthefuck are off though because I hate those effects- no problems running the game as is and it looks good enough for me. But we have a more powerful PC in the house with a 5600 XT (iirc) and it still runs choppy as hell on high settings.

I think Geforce Now runs it the best but has a dynamic resolution thingy or some other setting that causes the text to get out of alignment and it pissed me off enough to not use it as much.

PS5 is pretty decent too and I'd play that if it was for the fact I can not handle that controller.
    Doom Eternal is also my GOTY by a fairly wide margin. I still can't believe that my setup can run the game at a consistent 80+ FPS with every setting but textures maxed out, and that's only because the damn thing won't let me max them out. Sure, Cyberpunk's a big open world and rightfully is more demanding than linear shooter levels, but in terms of details Eternal has nothing to be ashamed of in comparison still, and crushes CDPR's work in terms of animation quality and, ironically, polish.

It's also sometimes hard now to play any other shooter after that one, they all feel sluggish and slow-paced after the insanity of the Slayer's adventures. Cyberpunk actually fares better than most thanks to not featuring bullet spongy enemies (even a basic, unmodded revolver can dunk most enemies in 1-2 headshots, on Hard at least) so guns still feel powerful and you don't have the Borderlands problem of emptying an entire clip on trash mob causing your guns to feel like crap until you get the OP lategame ones. Plus V is fairly mobile by default, you have slow-mo, melee is powerful and smart guns allow you to fill the air with lead lending a fun arcade feel to the combat. Cyberpunk's gameplay is definitely better than TW3's as far as I'm concerned, and I'm growing fonder of the story and characters as I go.

Still a shame we had to lose Jackie. He was a true brother.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

So I couldn't resist and bought it. Shit is lit. nuffsaid. I don't really need to say anything more about it. One of the best games I played so far in this genere.

As for the bugs: some random nps tends to talk with their mouth shut, seen one bad AI driver and thats it.

As for performance on SSD+Ryzen 7 2700x+2070 and ultra settings (except motion blur, film grain which i always disable because its shit) runs at 60fps.
    Dips when driving while rotating camera but nuttin crazy

The bad thing bout this game is that i tend to gather every garbage i find so it will probably take me unhuman amount of hours till I finish it because of hoarding.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV