Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quick guide.

If US wins:

EU: Not fair US had a 16 hour advantage!
    US: But its always been like that

If EU wins:

US: Not fair US had to deal with loads of bugs!
    EU: But its always been like that

Quick question, are the weekly raid resets on Tuesday at the same time world wide?

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Well said! Everyone has the ability to start on the same maintenance schedule if they chose. It's not hard to play on U.S. servers and use sponsor money to come here a few weeks a year for "work"

A true blizz sponsored competition would have everyone on the same latency, start time, gear level, and class options. The nature of gearing/class combos inherently makes it an uneven competition from the day mythic raid is released.

There's no reason to take it so seriously with all the streaming/non-streaming/start times debates.
    "It's a world first race. But to seriously compete, you need to play on US servers. "

Ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "It's a world first race. But to seriously compete, you need to play on US servers. "

Ok then.
    "It's a FIFA World cup. But to seriously compete, you need to come play in Qatar. "

Ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Ok then.
    Almost like the world is a diverse place and there's no way to be completely fair unless Blizz hosts a competition lol.

I'd be a containder for a world first guild if I wasn't playing on windows 98 with a dial up connection. Blizz should cater to me tho cuz I'm part of the "world"

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I’m pretty sure that’s not Echo’s opinion right now.

It’s true that it never really mattered in the past but it did matter in this tier and both guilds would agree with that.
    Scripe disagrees.

Limit took 64 hours to kill Denathrius, Echo took 70... and not just 70 but 70 hiding their progression on stream with replays and all of Limits streamed strats on what not to do.

Echo not only lost in the strats department, time department but also in the PR department by going dark during the #RTW. Oh and apparently their Social Media Manager took that day off... If it's about being EU, there are far better guilds, honest and transparent guilds, to get behind as a fan.

Almost like the world is a diverse place and there's no way to be completely fair unless Blizz hosts a competition lol.

I'd be a containder for a world first guild if I wasn't playing on windows 98 with a dial up connection. Blizz should cater to me tho cuz I'm part of the "world"
    No, maybe you can't easily make it completely fair.

But you can make it fairer than what is normally a 16 hr time difference (Yes, I am aware that it was less this time around)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    "It's a FIFA World cup. But to seriously compete, you need to come play in Qatar. "

Ok then.
    So your argument is that the actual world first race is hosted in the US?

Ok then.

Global raid release... boom, fair.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Special centralized servers where the raid opens 2 weeks in advance. :b

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Quick guide.

If US wins:

If EU wins:

I mean, if the EU win, it's often because they get a boss ahead early on and they encounter the bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Limit took 64 hours to kill Denathrius, Echo took 70... and not just 70 but 70 hiding their progression on stream with replays and all of Limits streamed strats on what not to do.

Echo not only lost in the strats department, time department but also in the PR department by going dark during the #RTW. Oh and apparently their Social Media Manager took that day off... If it's about being EU, there are far better guilds, honest and transparent guilds, to get behind as a fan.
    Imagine getting but hurt that a guild wanted to try and keep their tactics secret when they're trying to beat a 16 hour time advantage...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Quick guide.

If US wins:

If EU wins:

The bug comment is dumb to begin with. How is it disadvantageous to be ahead and encounter bugs?

It isn't... you are still at the boss first, you can learn things from it even if it's bugged. Even then, if people catch up due to bugs then all it does is putting you at an equal footing although not 100% fair one. You are however never behind by encountering bugs by being first.

Wait...you expect me to raid in the middle of the night? Change my whole sleep cycle for two weeks to maximize raid time that starts at midnight on the first Tuesday? You do know how changing your cycle is going to impact performance right?

No, it doesn't matter. Look at how many times Method got World First, and they're EU.

Wait...you expect me to raid in the middle of the night? Change my whole sleep cycle for two weeks to maximize raid time that starts at midnight on the first Tuesday? You do know how changing your cycle is going to impact performance right?
    People who are in it for world first should have no problem with it... I've worked nights, I sorted out my sleeping pattern before I started it to maximise... as long as it's not announced right before it happens everyone can adjust to it.

It's certainly better than having staggered releases, into a negligible concern.

You're right, better to not compete at all because it's a non-race you have no chance at winning. It is, after all, impossible to adjust your sleep rhythm. If we could do that, we could have people doing shift work at odd hours, or move from one time zone to another. But that is clearly not a thing, is it?

Starting first is double edged. Hotfixes come out earlier (relatively) for EU guilds, assuming a US guild was on the boss first. Day one problems, which Castle Nathria undeniably had, are more likely to be fixed by the time the EU gets their hands on the raid. They know what to expect going in more than a US guild would, because there's 16 hours of data to look at prior to the release.

So just subtracting 16 hours from their time doesn't exactly do much other than flipping where the advantage lies. Especially if there was a wall boss that gets pretty large nerfs/fixes while both regions are on it.

The bug comment is dumb to begin with. How is it disadvantageous to be ahead and encounter bugs?

It isn't... you are still at the boss first, you can learn things from it even if it's bugged. Even then, if people catch up due to bugs then all it does is putting you at an equal footing although not 100% fair one. You are however never behind by encountering bugs by being first.
    First, both guilds got practice on PTR so they know how the fights work, for the most part.

But if the boss is unkillable for few hours on NA, thats time lost. It happenes every tier and sometimes it benefits NA, sometimes EU, depends when the fix happens.

It is however an issue which can get advantage to one or the other region and you can clearly see it every tier.

Prime example being Fetid Devourer, that got hotfixed when Method woke up. So they got to kill him in fewer pulls, because he was unkillable for NA for longer.

Which brings me to the point that time advantage is not the only thing that sucks, sometimes it can swing to other regions for reasons like bugs or server instability.
    Last edited by Kilik; 2020-12-25 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You're right, better to not compete at all because it's a non-race you have no chance at winning. It is, after all, impossible to adjust your sleep rhythm. If we could do that, we could have people doing shift work at odd hours, or move from one time zone to another. But that is clearly not a thing, is it?
    I mentioned this earlier but it's less of a player-related issue and more of a sponsor-related issue (assuming guilds continue streaming progression). It's gonna suck if prime-time viewing hours are in the middle of the fucking night for an entire region.

edit: Not to mention that even if the players themselves are fine with it, if the region with wonky sleep schedules loses all of the fans who currently claim the "headstart" is the advantage will now just replace "headstart" with "bad sleep schedule" and nothing will change.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-12-25 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    So I hear a lot saying the time difference between us and eu isn't fair.

That echo had 16 hours to down it.

I can understand that downs while only us has access can't be claimed as world first.

Its only logical that a boss that is downed while only us has access, cannot be claimed as world first.

Is there a better way to determine world first?
    Yeah, a world wide release at the same time.