Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dont really get how people think Torghast is hard

out of all the runs I've done only 2 have been bad enough to reset and try again. 1 rank 3 first week with a shadow priest because we skipped a ton and didnt have the powers
    and another rank 3 week 2 with a full 5 because the AoEs that went out one shot people.

Since then I havent failed any run ive done, both solo and with groups at rank 8 and its only gotten easier with the recent nerfs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    well that kind of indicates that the difficulty is more about skill than item level, which isn't that bad of a thing really. keep in mind the Endless Corridors are intended to be the true challenge and that doesn't unlock until we finish the questchain to try to rescue all the faction leaders
    Its not skill its not ilvl
    its luck and class
    if you play a class that is super strong in torghast its ezpz
    if you get lucky you win

legit i tried a run 0 gear after getting infernal pact (+100% damage and health on demon for each floor so 600% on final floor)
    then the other 2 packs i got 2 of each before i said fuck it and decided to remove my gear and do the rest of the run (they give 50% damage of health each)

So about half way through floor 1 i got naked and cleared the rest no problem, layer 8.
    cause i was demonolgy and my pet was doing floor 1 200% damage and 200% health and healed itself for 5% of its max health every few hits.
    about half way throug hthe run i just legit only had my pet attack, only casting demonic strength and soulstrike myself.

killed the last boss in 12 seconds. just auto attacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I never had issues with my main in Torghast but after leveling alt I was shocked how easy floor 8 is even with 170-180 ilvl.
    There is no danger or strategy required whatsoever. One can just go with their alts and kill everything on sight. 2 weeks ago on my main I had to be careful with elites but now after learning stuff I don't have to do that even on my lesser geared alt.
    Shouldn't Blizz buff them by little so they are not that faceroll?
    It's not necessarily faceroll. A lot of it depends on your anima powers you get and your item level.

For instance my 177 Prot Paladin depending on the wing gets hit pretty hard and I need to pull a pack at a time on Layer 8. Once I get a couple Anima Powers then it becomes a bit easier, but even starting it isn't faceroll as you would indicate.

Now fast forward to my other two alts who are around 165 and they are on Layer 4 and struggle and have to do single pulls and even with most anima powers their specs aren't as great unless I get that one particular anima power.

It also depends on if you have the Ven'ari buffs too as that increases the amount of powers that are in each one and the quality as well.

It is also a lot harder if you run solo I've noticed. If you run with a group of 2 or more it becomes drastically easier.

With that said I haven't reset any floor and there it can still be difficult and challenging without resetting / dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your luck tbf. Yesterday I melted the last boss of layer 8 with 20k dps (according to my damage meter) because I got stupidly good powers. Last week it was a slog because I got offered countless mawrat shit and +health buffs, so at some point I had 60-70k health as hunter and my damage was still super bad.

not everything must be hard in a mmorpg you know ?
    i just cant stand anymore all those people asking epic difficulty in all, you have mythic raid, dungeon and epic pvp too in arena, why ask for more ?

they already nerf to the ground all casual thing that was fun to do on alt or for solo player and you want something else removed from us ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had issues with my main in Torghast but after leveling alt I was shocked how easy floor 8 is even with 170-180 ilvl.
    There is no danger or strategy required whatsoever. One can just go with their alts and kill everything on sight. 2 weeks ago on my main I had to be careful with elites but now after learning stuff I don't have to do that even on my lesser geared alt.
    Gtfo, like seriously get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Depends on your luck tbf. Yesterday I melted the last boss of layer 8 with 20k dps (according to my damage meter) because I got stupidly good powers. Last week it was a slog because I got offered countless mawrat shit and +health buffs, so at some point I had 60-70k health as hunter and my damage was still super bad.
    yup its 90% that 1 op anima power

for example on hunter you have this 1 anima which gives you 100 % crit and 100+ extra dmg every 1 minute for 6 seconds.

you basicly obliterate everything in this window.

get 2-3 of those ? last boss will evaporate - get 1 ? its dead in 12-15 seconds.

its idiotic design -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not necessarily faceroll. A lot of it depends on your anima powers you get and your item level.

For instance my 177 Prot Paladin depending on the wing gets hit pretty hard and I need to pull a pack at a time on Layer 8. Once I get a couple Anima Powers then it becomes a bit easier, but even starting it isn't faceroll as you would indicate.

Now fast forward to my other two alts who are around 165 and they are on Layer 4 and struggle and have to do single pulls and even with most anima powers their specs aren't as great unless I get that one particular anima power.

It also depends on if you have the Ven'ari buffs too as that increases the amount of powers that are in each one and the quality as well.

It is also a lot harder if you run solo I've noticed. If you run with a group of 2 or more it becomes drastically easier.

With that said I haven't reset any floor and there it can still be difficult and challenging without resetting / dying.
    a lot of what it dpeends on is luck with anima powers and what is more important is getting all thorgast upgrades from venari in maw.

once you have all upgrades you destroy that place due to amount of epic/rare powers that you have

7+ Year Old Account
    I find Torghast pretty dammed easy, but
    There is no danger or strategy required whatsoever.
    Come on now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Noticed how neither of you could even counter anything OP said, most likely because you couldn't even complete Torghast.

I agree with OP, they made it way too easy. It was at a pretty good spot before they did all the nerfs to it.
    Maybe for you but for some its "hard" to out damage the enemies in Torghast and no its not a lack of skill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    a lot of what it dpeends on is luck with anima powers and what is more important is getting all thorgast upgrades from venari in maw.

once you have all upgrades you destroy that place due to amount of epic/rare powers that you have
    That's probably class dependent. I have all of the Torghast upgrades and the amount of Epic/Rare powers I get are low on top of them just being flat out terrible. Usually the common ones I see are better which is sad because they are meh.

Though I did see a new power today where if I get 5 HP I get a 10s buff and if I hit 0 HP I get a 10s buff that was epic. So there's that.

They gutted Torghast for literally no reason. It was fun when you had to be careful with what you pulled, and actually use those forgotten CC skills in your spellbook. Now it's just another mindless AoE zerg chore.

What a shame.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they made it too easy, although I agree with measures they took to make it a more streamlined 'quick' process.

HP sponges aren't really fun, and I don't think bosses/elites, gaining access to CC immunity once they reach 10 stacks of the debuff are good mechanics. So I'm glad they changed those mechanics and I'm glad that CDs get reset on each individual floor. I also think changing it so your first anima power is considerably better was a step in the right direction though.

So it's a mixed bag for me, some of the changes are positive and some of them make it too 'easy'. I think part of the problem before was that people thought that legendary items are suppose to be both accessible, and that having possible 'progression' on upper floors defeats that philosophy entirely, which isn't true. Legendary items were accessible before and all these changes do is make it more likely that you can clear every single floor. The 'progression' of the floors was neutered quite a bit, and I think that defeats the purpose of having more challenging layers.

Simply put, legendary items were still super accessible prior to the changes even if you couldn't do the higher layers, because the lower layers gave disproportionally more soul ash than the upper layers. Blizzard designed it like this on purpose because it was intended to be sort of a progression system, and they didn't want to punish people too much for not being able to clear every layer immediately. If you couldn't do the top two layers on each wing, you're only missing out on like 180 soul ash, which might make you wait one week longer to push something from R3 to R4? Is that really that big of a deal in a world where you craft your BiS legendary, and most of the power associated with the legendary is tied to the equip effect, and not the iLvL? I don't think so.

All of that said I agree with some of the changes, especially those that make don't really take away from too much of the difficulty, but also make the experience faster. As stated, resetting CDs on each floor is positive, but potential changes to making mobs less dangerous is a bit silly.

Traps still kill you, and pulling too many mobs that chain stun/CC you will get you killed too. Some of the bosses can kill you if you don't know the mechanics. I've literally had someone in a discord tell people that he played perfectly and lost his run to the Ghoul boss because his powers weren't good enough, and there was zero counter-play to that boss because he just did way too much damage. If you know what the Ghoul boss does, you know exactly why he died.

I was on the "torghast too easy, hur dur" bandwagon first two resets, but in layer 8, having 206 ilvl, that thing is not fun as spriest. There is no single "I win" power for spriest and the minimum specific powers you need to get to feel at least a bit OP (at least from those that I saw) is 3 - 2 fade CD reductions and an epic one where you spawn add that blows up when you fade.
    Then there's one where you do 25% extra damage to CCd enemies, so if you get that bunch of times and at least one, but preferably 2 of those that make psychic scream break after more damage, you get to do some extra damage for a while (though, honestly, being venthyr, the power where you get to do 100% more damage after mindgames expires felt way more impactful than what you'd get chosing 5 powers in this combo).
    And other than that it just feels very, very underwhelming and seems to require a lot of specific powers to do anything even remotely busted. And lately I seem to be getting A LOT Of the survivability powers and not enough of the DPS ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

I'm not sure we play the same game. I'm missing only the last upgrade (where you always get at least 2 choices), and usually I won't see more than 1 epic power per run...

10+ Year Old Account
    this is only partially correct.

1. it depends by class
    2. depends by group and solo

I main (currently) ilevel 174 havoc dh. I normally play casually but this expac its even slower. as an example, it took me the end of the 2nd week to hit 60 and since then I have only done three mythics, all of them 0s.

Before the nerfs, I finished one layer 8 side no problem (forget the name) but the one with the venthyr spamming sin bolts and meleeing like crazy I couldnt get past layer 3 (last week ilevel was 160something).

This week after nerfs. I cleared both layers at level 8. Again the one with the melee required some work but id say it wasnt difficult still. For example, I am really stingy with using metamorphosis, but once I realized that i need to just use it then I did. as the stacks raised the boss did hit like a truck but thankfully I had 1. throw glaive epic that reduces Hp to 70% immediately, 2. eyebeam immunity 3. eye beam cd reduction 4. eye beam reset. Making it easy for me.

Now i can claim "oh man this was no problem" but I know 100% that squishier classes do exist and they take alot more damage, dont have the leech i do, dont have dodges like i do, dont have the stuns i do.

Mind you. I also had beta and cleared most of torghast before (beta character was 200), so i kind of know what to expect in there. Not everyone else got beta.

Is it easier than release week? sure. Is it stupid easy? Id say no, you still have the chance of messing up and ruining it all. Because not everyone plays a class that has a huge toolset and one big thing, that torghast has other sides coming that might be more challenging.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy or not, I liked it very much at first but I'm already struggling to find the strength to do it on main, much less on alt...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Trick to get through it faster: chug invis pots since they seem to reset every floor. The mobs that can see stealth all seem to reset if you run far enough.
    That couldn't be done couple of weeks ago on certain classes.. forgot the qq thread about the big green jelly boss?. It required a bit of attention on killing mobs as well for resource to buy more anima powers. Now you don't even have to care for that, because mobs are to easy.

want a harder way? Don't use any anima powers or extra powers on layer 8. You are good to go.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Easy or not, I liked it very much at first but I'm already struggling to find the strength to do it on main, much less on alt...
    Many people including myself feel like it already feels like a chore, it takes to long to finnish for a required resource, but nothing else.

We know transmog and probably other vanity items and such will be added in higher tiers, but as of now it is what it is and we just have to wait before its getting expanded. A difficulity option with better rewards per difficulity would make this a long lasting feature if they update this every patch. It doesn't seem to go that route tho..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    want a harder way? Don't use any anima powers or extra powers on layer 8. You are good to go.
    Nothing changes in the outcome, you are still only doing Thorghast for soul ash.. it's relevance will slowly fade away and it already started. Getting your bis leggo is ez for everyone.

They nerfed torghast because people are brain dead and now it's faceroll. You put netflix or youtube on while you do a pointless thing because there's 0 challenge. If you are over 175 you can solo 8s with out even using CC it's rediculous.

You no longer have to scour the areas, time cool downs and make smart pulls. You just afkraft. At least with world quests you don't need the items after 3 hours of being lvl 60

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    SO - only tanks can join content where legendaries would be considered mandatory.

Well that's an interesting take

My arcane mage on a level 3 is 100 times harder than my mage + a tank on level 8.

That's a flaw in the design of torghast, nothing more nothing less.
    Really? My arcane mage destroyed Layer 8 with 160 ilvl - 3 shotting last boss. No legendary even.