Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    not to the main story probably, but scanner missions and secondary quest are somewhat linked. for example, the totally-not-breaking-bad-citation quest (where you destroy a tiger claw drug lab) had a text where a tc dealer finished drugs and asked more for a party. then there is a japan slum with a scanner mission in it, that give you a chip and so you discover that actually the party was there xD.
    Turns out it was tied to the story. I did a couple of story missions, up to rescuing Evelyn Parker and that gave me a new side gig in Watson. Odd, since the quests I did were in no way tied to the side gig. It's not a street cred or level thing, I'm certain. So for those out there trying to 100% the game and run out of stuff, do a few main story missions and more might open up. IDK whether to do the main story to the Point of No Return, doing too many main quests might lock you out of some missions, but I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    My first play through was as an all out Reflex/Body/Technical assault rifle, mantis blades, high armor, run-gun-slice everything demolisher. I got through quests and areas extremely fast with this play style. That’s what allowed me to 100% the game at around 60ish hours, and that’s even with listening to everything on the main story and side quests.

My next playthrough I plan on doing a more quick hack/slower approach to stuff, so I’m sure it will take me longer to finish.
    Exactly what I'm doing right now for my 100%. Mantis blades, health, and armor. For some reason explosions still do me in really quick, despite maxing my body stat and getting all the perks, as well as having 2000 armor. But bullets might as well be useless. And mantis blades attack so quick my PS4 can't even keep up. Really is the best way to clear everything quick. Only downside is no stealth ability whatsoever. Double jump helps, even if you can't sneak too well, you can get over walls and onto roofs, oftentimes popping in the backdoor in front of whatever you need to steal/hack.

Only real trouble was in that prison break side gig. Had to break in to a Militech prison and get a guy out, bonus was for not killing anyone. Trouble was, non-lethal counted as failing the bonus. Was impossible without quickhacks, the guy was watched by a turret AND a guard, and with no technical ability I couldn't open the side door or silently disable the turret. Only time I felt like I had NO options, and that one mission was the only single time I felt limited by this insanely powerful build, and the only bonus I missed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Only real trouble was in that prison break side gig. Had to break in to a Militech prison and get a guy out, bonus was for not killing anyone. Trouble was, non-lethal counted as failing the bonus. Was impossible without quickhacks, the guy was watched by a turret AND a guard, and with no technical ability I couldn't open the side door or silently disable the turret. Only time I felt like I had NO options, and that one mission was the only single time I felt limited by this insanely powerful build, and the only bonus I missed out on.
    I did this one by taking out the camera on the left of the guard house and I climbed on the roof. There is a hole on the roof you can drop right down into the little camp area. Then you can lead the dude out the back by that other garage door from the inside. Go through the right side and pass that little hill/rock and you got a straight shot to the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I
    Dunno how people can say they did most of the game in like 35-40 hours unless they play far faster than I do.
    You can become INSANELY powerful in this game. Well past the main story missions too. It's overall a somewhat easy game too.

I am playing an Intelligence/Technical build that uses smart weapons and Quckhacks. I can clear an entire building from across the street without pulling out a weapon.

Breach-> Ping -> Contagion. They just fall over. Then I just shot them in the head or beat the life out of 'em with a dildo then calmly loot every single thing.

If S hits the F, I don't have to aim or even care about my weapon rating, because my Crits trigger the Short Circuit passive. The passive scales off intelligence and crit damage and kills most enemies instantly- no matter the weapon you use or where you hit them. It just electrocutes them for Intel bonus + crit multiplier.

Exactly what I'm doing right now for my 100%. Mantis blades, health, and armor. For some reason explosions still do me in really quick, despite maxing my body stat and getting all the perks, as well as having 2000 armor. But bullets might as well be useless. And mantis blades attack so quick my PS4 can't even keep up. Really is the best way to clear everything quick. Only downside is no stealth ability whatsoever. Double jump helps, even if you can't sneak too well, you can get over walls and onto roofs, oftentimes popping in the backdoor in front of whatever you need to steal/hack.

Explosion damage in this game is either insanely high or currently bugged. I have crazy amounts of health, armor, and damage reduction to explosive effects and I still get one shot if I accidentally hit an explosive container with my mantis blades. Which is really fucking dumb considering in almost any other RPG style game, you can eventually get to the point where you can survive shit like that. But in CP2077, the explosive barrels and land mines are always a one shot if you are standing close enough to them when they go off. It's just fucking stupid when I can literally absorb a hail of bullets, swords slashing away at me, while on fire, and being electrocuted, but I can't survive a barrel exploding....

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    I can't figure out how you 100% the game in 60 hours without rushing. I'm 50 hours in, very hard mode, level 17 and just finished Clouds and the mission after that. I haven't finished half of the secondary quests/missions in Watson and I haven't done a single one in other neighborhoods yet.

I'm definitely slower than the average player since I explore a lot, climb stuff when I see a point of interest, read most of the shards/emails/etc, never skip dialogues, play infiltration and never rush to the next mission unless there's a feeling of emergency, but still I can't imagine finishing everything before the 100 hours mark.
    My Cyber Samurai ... does a lot of the content extremely fast. It's basically "press E to slow time, proceed to kill everyone with a strike to the head, next side job". I'm a lot slower on my Stealth hacker. Could have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    My Cyber Samurai ... does a lot of the content extremely fast. It's basically "press E to slow time, proceed to kill everyone with a strike to the head, next side job". I'm a lot slower on my Stealth hacker. Could have something to do with it.
    Pretty much this. I’m able to clear out all enemies in a side gig in 10-20 seconds. I simply run in with mantis blades and double jump and everything’s dead super fast. I do take my time though on main story quests and the good side quests. But the open world filler content I usually blaze through unless I see something interesting.

My next playthrough I’ll do something a lot slower and more methodical, like a stealth hacker or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    Pretty much this. I’m able to clear out all enemies in a side gig in 10-20 seconds. I simply run in with mantis blades and double jump and everything’s dead super fast. I do take my time though on main story quests and the good side quests. But the open world filler content I usually blaze through unless I see something interesting.

My next playthrough I’ll do something a lot slower and more methodical, like a stealth hacker or something.
    Some advice, I wouldn't invest in actual stealth for a stealth hacker. Quick hacks are insane. There comes a point when you use breach protocol you can upload a daemon that makes everyone blind the second they spot you, without having to use your reboot optics. You can disable all cameras and turrets in breach too. Couple that with the ability to manually blind, knock out, or distract everyone, actual stealth perks are absolutely useless. Either focus on stealth or hacking, having both is redundant. I would suggest getting weapon perks in body or reflex instead.

If you played Skyrim, I would like to compare hacking to illusion magic. No need to sneak when you can cast calm, invisibility, and muffle.

- - - Updated - - -

No joke, with my legendary cyberdeck, quick hacks, and breach protocol perks, all I had to do was upload all the daemons to the first guard every area, then just walk in and do my mission, then get out. Even getting all the undetected bonuses. With all the cameras and turrets gone and everyone instantly blinded for 20 seconds the first time they notice me, I might as well have been a ghost.

Some advice, I wouldn't invest in actual stealth for a stealth hacker. Quick hacks are insane. There comes a point when you use breach protocol you can upload a daemon that makes everyone blind the second they spot you, without having to use your reboot optics. You can disable all cameras and turrets in breach too. Couple that with the ability to manually blind, knock out, or distract everyone, actual stealth perks are absolutely useless. Either focus on stealth or hacking, having both is redundant. I would suggest getting weapon perks in body or reflex instead.

If you played Skyrim, I would like to compare hacking to illusion magic. No need to sneak when you can cast calm, invisibility, and muffle.

- - - Updated - - -

No joke, with my legendary cyberdeck, quick hacks, and breach protocol perks, all I had to do was upload all the daemons to the first guard every area, then just walk in and do my mission, then get out. Even getting all the undetected bonuses. With all the cameras and turrets gone and everyone instantly blinded for 20 seconds the first time they notice me, I might as well have been a ghost.

Sounds like a lot of NPC's left alive, what a waste :-)

So I found a gun and it started singing 'Disturbia' by Rihanna. This game is rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    So I found a gun and it started singing 'Disturbia' by Rihanna. This game is rad.
    Skippy is great, one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Finished my first playthrough at ~70 hours in and loved every minute of it. It surely has it flaws, but doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best games of the year. The level of detail is enormous, haven't played a game as intense in the atmospheric department for a long time.

Some advice, I wouldn't invest in actual stealth for a stealth hacker.
    I somewhat agree but investing a little in Cold Blood is worthwhile and gives a lot of boon for only a few perks. With stealth hacking, it is easy & fast to level Cold Blood as well. As I said earlier,m the power level is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Skippy. Beware, a quest will come up that will take Skippy away from you permanently. You don't have to do it, but if you do thinking that you will still have Skippy at the end (like I did), you will be forced to give him up and can't get him back.

Also, Stone Cold Killer mode will run out. And if he switches to Puppy Lover Pacifist mode permanently, this could be worse than other weapons you get. So either use Skippy judiciously in Stone Cole Killer mode or do the quest.

Don't waste the precious Stone Cold Killer Mode on slaughtering cops and civilians as I did.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-27 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Sounds like a lot of NPC's left alive, what a waste :-)
    Replace 'system reset' quickhack with the 'suicide' one and throw in the 'cyberpsychosis' hack as well. There is a legendary cyberdeck that allows Ultimate quickhacks to spread, meaning lots of suicides, grenades, and cyberpsychos massacring their friends. The cyberpsycho one is fun as hell, it's like Skyrim's fury spell, but it works on anyone regardless of level and they die when there are no more enemies to kill.

I enjoy that CDPR included a lot of fashions in CP2077, but I am choosing to have WORSE stats on my V rather than walk down the street looking like a maniac.

For fuck's sake, CDPR.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Skippy is great, one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Finished my first playthrough at ~70 hours in and loved every minute of it. It surely has it flaws, but doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best games of the year. The level of detail is enormous, haven't played a game as intense in the atmospheric department for a long time.
    I found Skippy pretty late and it's fun for the first 50 enemies you kill with headshots, and then it goes to shooting people in the nuts and it's not useful anymore. I have a revolver that does 1,066 DPS and while it only has one round per reload cycle, it kills any enemy instantly, without any skills invested in guns (all my skills are in Blades and Tech). It's basically a shotgun with faster reload.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2020-12-27 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I enjoy that CDPR included a lot of fashions in CP2077, but I am choosing to have WORSE stats on my V rather than walk down the street looking like a maniac.

For fuck's sake, CDPR.
    You can upgrade armor and weapons if you want to keep the same ones. Admittingly the materials required might get rough and grindy to get.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can upgrade armor and weapons if you want to keep the same ones. Admittingly the materials required might get rough and grindy to get.
    The only stat that matters is how many mod slots it has, and you can't add those, unfortunately.

snip
    Thats why i always do slowest way possible first. Don't need to play again. Basically if there is stealth = fullstealth non lethal ghost that nobody has ever seen.
    Im about 20h into a game and only just get to know jonny. And 3 side missions. Barely explored anything.
    It will probably take me like 200h to finish. I also grab 95% of things i see and often go over weight limit.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I found Skippy pretty late and it's fun for the first 50 enemies you kill with headshots, and then it goes to shooting people in the nuts and it's not useful anymore. I have a revolver that does 1,066 DPS and while it only has one round per reload cycle, it kills any enemy instantly, without any skills invested in guns (all my skills are in Blades and Tech). It's basically a shotgun with faster reload.
    It locks you out of your first choice after 50 kills, so if you choose the "pacifist" option, you'll have the headshot setting afterwards.

I'm still not sure about crafting, have 20 points in the technology skill and still think you don't miss much if you just ignore crafting. Anyone know a location for good blueprints, preferrably clothing mods?

I highly, highly recommend a mod released specifically on YouTube called Cyberpunk EZ Optimizer which gives you 3 options. I have a well above-average rig, but this edits config files and doesn't touch your settings but gives you an addition 10-30FPS literally. If you have a toaster, you can play it. If you have a really good rig, it looks even better and smoother. I'm not the owner, nor do I have a vested interest -- but even on PC this mod (you drop it in your folder and double-click the .exe) has changed my CyberPunk 2077 experience.

Enjoy, you're welcome!
    Last edited by Feeline10; 2020-12-28 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I did. I am maxed out on crafting, level 50 cred 50. 20 Technical, max craft. Everything upgraded to legendary.

Still not walking around this city with a cowboy hat or bacalva on my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Comrade's Hammer? It's the best handgun in my opinion.

Having fooled around a bit using a trainer to get all stats skills and perks maxed out i think power assault rifles win for overall clear time and ease of use out of all options in the game, now its possible that since the build isnt legit that im overperforming with them but I doubt power assault rifles makes that much use of more ability points then you can get normally. They dont do the most dmg per hit but they shoot fast and can kill basic enemies with non crit nonheadshot for 25-30k which is enough for one shots. Doesnt feel like many built around rifles in general.