Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    there was a badge system so you can buy exactly the gear you need by grinding content and it was good enough for entry level raiding. on the pvp side arena point cap scaled with rating so hardcore pvpers could gear up much faster without being timegated.

Just two examples of how the game has gone backwards from a winning system. It's laziness ultimately, it's much easier to implement loot-boxes (great vault) to keep players subbing month after month rather than designing rewarding gear systems.

Nothing breaks player immersion like the realisation that you're on a treadmill. It what suddenly wore people out in legion and BFA. All players want is their time and effort to be reflected in their loot like it was in the past.
    maybe you're right, I liked the emblems. the treadmill is bad, what killed it for me was when I realized that they try to keep players playing ignoring game quality, lately they've been adding a lot of limited time things and players addicted to collecting are fearing of missing out especially after a decade of dedication. so they're trapped. plus the art that is not bad but somewhat different of what it used to be. all of that is tied to the loot reward, the reward philosophy. and I bet the devs are receiving orders and can only do so much to make the best with what they're asked to do. SL improved a lot on BFA, but still you're right the system was better in tbc/wotlk.
    what a sad situation retail wow turned into.

I wonder if the current system was intended for China, where the government doesn't want people to play too much each day.

If so, I wonder if a sale of the WoW IP, or even all of Blizzard, to a Chinese company (Tencent?) is in the cards. Blizzard has the lowest profit margin of all the parts of Activision-Blizzard, and its future prospects are cloudy, so selling it could make sense.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    i dunno why blizzard is afraid of people beating their game and taking a break.

gotta keep the constant gameplay loop of new weekly content thats uninteresting due to how spread out it is
    I see we have someone who went to the school of free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stutt- View Post
    Suggested to greatly decrease loot in raids? I'm at this very moment on Sire and not a single drop I got, just anima and gold, anima and gold, anima and gold. Not sure how this equates to good raid design, I don't get it.
    Join the extremly large club.

I agree it should not be loot fests. But holy crap its bad.

I'd make the drop rates a bit higher. Loot mattering is all fine and dandy but so is rewarding players for their effort and not just tossing them one cloak when they full clear a raid.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a similar topic I went through timewalking (including disastrous shitty pit of saron scaling) to get a 200 ilvl necklace with shitty secondaries. So potentially not an upgrade.

If they see that people are unsubbing they might change the system. That is the only thing that matters. Complaining does nothing.

The real slap in the face is that 35 annie you get as secondary prize in most cases. You just look at that and are like.. not only did I not get shit but they gave me next to nothing of something I need a lot of to do next to nothing with. See the "point system" secondary prize worked a HAIR better in the past because at least it was used to progress your character to a means. Legion it made your weapon stronger. BFA it made it to where you could unlock power.. sometimes for like the 4th time over again.. but here its like.. well.. you get some RP buildings... enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    I see we have someone who went to the school of free stuff.
    huh? I just want to be able to do the content I want to do.

Not pvp, raid, m+, torghast, dailies, weeklies, wq, anima farm, legendary farm, conduit farm.

I'd like to be allowed to pick 2-4 i want to do, not have them all tied together.

Aka, pre legion content design

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Anima drop per boss should be at least high enough to finish the stupid 1000 anima per week quest by clearing a single heroic raid. So drop like 100 anima per boss if no loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Cleared normal CN, 6/10 heroic CN, 11 mythic+ dungeons so far, and guess what? Not a single piece of gear. I'm seriously getting sick of this crap.