10+ Year Old Account
    Meh anime gets another season:

My Hero Academia chapter 295

Rant incoming.

Spoiler: 
    I don't know guys. This arc promised and failed to deliver. Dozens of heroes died and not one of them was relevant. In fact, we got several bullshit resurrections, with Best Jeanist coming back. And WHAT DO YOU KNOW? MIRIO GOT HIS QUIRK BACK FROM ERI! CALLED IT! BULLLLLLLSHIIIIT! The heroes faced zero consequences at all. Also feels very irritating that only 100 missing persons are listed; there should be THOUSANDS of dead after the sheer, miles wide carnage the noumus and Gigantomachia and Shigaraki caused.

Oh, and guess what? The story became a whole lot less interesting now. We had an intriguing story setup about an old, benevolent big bad, All For One, legitimately trying to pass his legacy on to his student, Shigaraki, and set him up as the new big bad of the new era. One of the best scenes in the series was when AFO sacrificed himself so that the League could escape. It seemed like an interesting story about passing the torch to the next generation. And then MHA threw that out to have AFO try to pull a Palpatine and body jack Shigaraki so he can have a new, younger body to use. So now it's literally turning into Naruto Shippuden 2 Electric Boogaloo, where we're going to get a timeskip and then read about Naruto Midoriya going on a quest to save his nakama Shigaraki from generic evil muwahaha big bad. Bleh.

This whole arc was fluff. Meaningless fluff. It was initially hype when the kids were trying to stall Gigantomachia and the shock value moment of Aizawa amputating his leg and falling over, but then it dragged on and it became clear there weren't any real stakes. And now in retrospect we had one long war arc in which absolutely nothing of note happened except AFO bodyjacked Shigaraki and took over as the big bad.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-12-28 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magatsu Wahrheit Zuerst -- 5/10 Story is a mess and i have no idea what is happening, but not suprised since its from a mobile game. But from story its a pre-quel before mobile game.

Munou na Nana -- 8/10 However a bit anoying since its not finished.

Yuukoku no Moriarty -- 4/10 it was ok

Ikebukuro West Gate 1/10 ...its so booooring

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear 5/10 since well its just another isekai

Golden Kamuy s3 8/10

Anyway since its almost new year, lets post a best OP/END of anime this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Bleh. There were no good OPs and EDs this year.

I guess of the anime I saw this year, I liked Fruits Basket's 4th OP the most, but that's not saying much as I don't think it's a legit good OP. Definitely wouldn't put it on my favorite's playlist of anime OPs and songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK if this is the best, but Kimi No Tonari De has basically everything I look for in a song:

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't think I even watched any anime this year at all (at least not any that aired this year) but the most recent One Piece opening is legit the best in some time.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Eizouken was actually this year? Seems like a lifetime ago... Ok yeah, that's the best OP of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So is Princess Connect! Re:dive.
    Looks like hololive en is going to be promoting the global release

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Looks like hololive en is going to be promoting the global release
    Then i cant wait for Gura to play it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Absolute madness is this statement.

Just one ED, as an example.
    -snip-
    Eh, it's okay. Not a fan of the rap in the first 20 seconds, though.

Is the animation rotoscoped?

Dudes!

Gura got the Trident!

As for Op/Eds of this year?

The only thing that sticks out for me, even though I haven't really watched it (or much anime this year in general) is the Ending of S2 of No Guns Life.

I dunno, something about 2 cyborgs with guns for heads duking it out is just entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Dudes!

Gura got the Trident!
    ear shattering happy shork noises

I finished the Domestic Girlfriend manga after being reminded by Gigguk because he got signed artwork from the author.

The end was a bit meh but the ride along the way was fantastic, i laughed, i cried, i was happy and a whole host of emotions.

Dont know what to do with myself now.

10+ Year Old Account
    2020 Favorite shows:

Railgun T: So far my favorite season. A good story, but I think the most important part is the supporting cast. Season two felt like it had none, and season 3 just ramps it up with some returning characters like Kongou having a bigger role, Mikasa doing her part, and new characters like Gunha showing up and being all Izeyoi from Problem Children.

Bofuri: A big surprise. Did not expect a show about a couple lesbians girls playing a video game together being so much fun. Was also not expecting a show like this to have such good animation. Also didn't expect a show like this to get a sequel.

Fruits Basket season 2: No explanation really needed. I do think that season 1 was better, and more emotionally impactful. Especially since I don't think season 2 ramped up until about halfway through.

Ascendance of a Bookworm season 2: The story seems to have transitioned from "Myne invents 'new' things" to Myne helping other people out by, well, kinda being a Tohru to them, using her more modern and adult experiences. It works either way, which I think is a testament to how good the writing is. Oh, and this is a minor thing, but I love how each episode ends with official art. It's super cute, and they also did it in season 1.

Arte: Yes, it's a simple story, and yes, it's entirely carried by the lead. But I guess I'm just a sucker for a strong female protagonist. A little bit of Chika Takami, a little bit of Shirayuki.

SNAFU season 3: I don't remember the previous seasons too well, but this seemed pretty consistent with the rest. I do like the character growth from Hachiman, being much less self-destructive in his problem solving. No issues with the ending, although with another year of school left, there could be plenty more things to do. I knew my more weird ships wouldn't realistically happen anyway.

Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai: Liked the manga, liked the anime. Genuinely funny, good characters. Happy that we get to see more.

Is the Order a Rabbit Bloom: Nothing really to say here, except that maybe I'm not a big fan of Chino's middle school friends, and they're featured more this season.

BNA: Not really anything to say. Don't typically like the classic "Trigger style", but I enjoyed this quite a bit.

Great Pretender: Kinda just watched this on a whim, since I didn't really expect it to be my thing. Was easily impressed. Always engrossed with how they were gonna pull off each heist, and seeing the characters grow throughout is always worth it.

Yashahime Princess Half-Demon: Cheating here since it's still going. But I think I like this more than Inuyasha. Maybe it's the female cast. Maybe it's the much better personalities. Maybe because Moroha is just the best. Maybe because it's being setup to not drag on for 200 episodes.

Best songs:

Arte OP - Clover

Railgun T ED - Nameless Story: Might be my favorite song from the series now, over Dear My Friend

Rent-A-Girlfriend OP - Centimeter: It's The Peggies, of course.

Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun ED - Tiny Light

BNA OP - Ready To

Also it's not this year, but I was finally able to watch Demon Slayer. Because of all the hype, I went into it expecting to be disappointed. Not that I don't like the super popular shows, but it just felt like one of those cases where it gets hyped up so much, it couldn't possibly live up to it. There are...some issues with it. Well, one glaring issue with it. Zenitsu and Inousuke are annoying as shit. Inounsuke less so, but holy crap. I'm glad Tanjiro is an extremely well-written shounen protagonist, because he has to carry it a lot of times. But it was still very good. I also felt like the famous episode 19 lived up to the hype, if only it was all for naught when all the effort turned out to do nothing. So I can say it was all worth it. And since we're on music, I'll throw in the rad OP for it. I'm a bit worried because the movie is a canonical sequel to the show, as opposed to a standalone story. Licenses for movies tend to get wonky, and streaming them seems to be random. Still though, it's a story I'm really interested in seeing how it plays out, so we can only hope that it gets fully adapted.

Everyone seems to love Gawr Gura, but the only VTuber I watch is Nyanners. Unfortunately it seems her and the VShojo girls are pretty new, so not much content yet. But her FFX playthrough has been a chill time, which seems to be her theme.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2020-12-31 at 07:43 AM.

Nyanners and ironmouse have been streaming for years. since they use twitch though it doesn't seem like a lot of their content is archived since twitch deletes vods after 60 days

I like all the Holomyth girls and each has something to offer for what mood you are in.

- - - Updated - - -

Zombieland Saga season 2 pv

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I like all the Holomyth girls and each has something to offer for what mood you are in.

- - - Updated - - -

Zombieland Saga season 2 pv
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nMMXbHY.png[IMG]
    I like Ame and Gura the most. Don't really catch the other girls streaming too much. Ina is nice and chill. Outside of EN I don't watch too much since it's not as entertaining to me unless I can understand them. I do watch Moona a bit since she's on a good timezone to catch during work and pekomoona is the best anime this year.

more carnival phantasm!