Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchboy View Post
    It's common knowledge. LFR exists so people who aren't good at raiding can see the content. It's not there for progression. It's tourist mode.
    So you couldn't find anything? Ok then. LFR is basically easy raids but it's not story mode. In story mode in games it is almost impossible to die (or is just flat out impossible). It is extremely possible to die in LFR lol.

See a normal person would see Kael'thas in the campaign, realise that he would also be in the venthyr campaign this week and would immediately jump over to that campaign to see what happened... rather than making an mmo-champion account just to complain about it and then shout at everyone who disagrees with you (which seems to be pretty much everyone who has replied lol).

This whole "LFR is story mode" doesn't even make sense when they put Mythic only phases/lore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    This whole "LFR is story mode" doesn't even make sense when they put Mythic only phases/lore.
    Not only that but they tend to cut out a lot of npc dialog that happens between lfr wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So you knew he had a bigger roll some where else but then got upset that he also got a cameo?

I’d think seeing a character you like if only briefly would be a positive.
    No, I didn't. Are you not able to comprehend? Or are you doing this on purpose?

Bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Not only that but they tend to cut out a lot of npc dialog that happens between lfr wings.
    It's still the purpose of LFR to be story mode for people, who can't raid properly. Blizzard doing it badly doesn't change that. Blizzard does a lot of things incompetently.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like Kael'thas screaming out that he will have justice for Silvemoon
    When the guy betrayed Silvermoon and afterwards used his people's holiest place to try and summon a Demon Lord

He was also butthurt about me kicking his butt some years ago. It would've been perfect if I was also carrying Felo'melorn at the time
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I like Kael'thas screaming out that he will have justice for Silvemoon
    When the guy betrayed Silvermoon and afterwards used his people's holiest place to try and summon a Demon Lord

He was also butthurt about me kicking his butt some years ago. It would've been perfect if I was also carrying Felo'melorn at the time
    Yeah, absolutely. And it doesn't make much sense anyway, cause all the people who died when Arthas attacked Silvermoon all eventually went to the Shadowlands anyway. Probably a better place than your Eversong Forest. I mean Kael'thas wanted to deliver them to the promised land. What's better than the land where anima flows freely. Probably cured their addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    You mean that YOU messed up chronologically by doing the raid before the quest?
    damn, we got the smoothest of all brains here. he who knows no equal!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't. Are you not able to comprehend? Or are you doing this on purpose?

Bye.
    No you didn’t what? You didn’t know he had a bigger roll in revendreth? No you didn’t get upset that he had a cameo?

What your saying doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah, absolutely. And it doesn't make much sense anyway, cause all the people who died when Arthas attacked Silvermoon all eventually went to the Shadowlands anyway. Probably a better place than your Eversong Forest. I mean Kael'thas wanted to deliver them to the promised land. What's better than the land where anima flows freely. Probably cured their addiction.
    Uhhh him yelling about justice for Silvermoon makes perfect sense considering the kind of person he is. It's not exactly rocket science that he is an arrogant arse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    You mean that YOU messed up chronologically by doing the raid before the quest?
    Wait, what? Nathria opened like 4 weeks ago or something?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

It's amazing how people refuse to look at the whole picture and write a complaint thread over their OWN confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    It's amazing how people refuse to look at the whole picture and write a complaint thread over their OWN confusion
    The whole picture being?

The whole picture being?
    Like maybe doing the Venthyr campaign before you come crying on a forum about Kael'thas?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Like maybe doing the Venthyr campaign before you come crying on a forum about Kael'thas?
    And then? It would still be out of order, because the LFR part where we free Kael'thas isn't available yet. Think before you write.

The whole picture being?
    That there are 4 different covenant campaigns being told and you clearly only have 25% of the information until everything comes together. We fought Devos day 1 after hitting 60. If we only had the initial 4 dungeons and no raids until the covenant campaigns were finished you'd see threads about how there's nothing to do and "HURR BLIZZ IS TIMEGATING CONTENT FOR MAU COUNT REEEEE". It's not ideal but because of gameplay design it is what it is. I saved Kael Thas night one of the raid being open and didn't see him again for weeks in my Maldraxxus questline. Just assumed he was doing some venthyr shit. Feels like the only reason you're even complaining is just to have something to complain about lol

And then? It would still be out of order, because the LFR part where we free Kael'thas isn't available yet. Think before you write.
    Castle Nathria has been out for weeks. Yes the LFR version of that fight isn't available yet but what you are asking is either a) stop all lore/story until YOU clear LFR when it comes out or B) release LFR early, completely fucking with their release schedule, just so you can know Kael'thas is in a raid?

Btw if you had actually done the Venthyr campaign you would know they explain why Kael'thas is there almost immediately and it does NOT require you doing the raid to catch up on the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was really looking forward to Kael'thas. They made it seem as if he was supposed to be a huge part of the Revendreth zone, but then he didn't show up in the campaign or the side quests at all. Neither in the Venthyr campaign so far.

Today I did the Maldraxxi 7/9 part of the questline and finally encountered Kael'thas.

And then you do 3 quests and that's it.

I'm feeling trolled by Blizzard.

I know there's probably gonna be more with him, but when you wait so long, to just have him show up for 3 quests and be done for the week feels especially insulting.

And then there's the issue of chronology.

If you've done the Nathria raid, you've seen him be a boss in the raid already, and the covenant campaign quests with him, that are chronologically BEFORE the raid, are available only now.

This feels like a mess.
    Who is they? blizzard? if so no, they actually avoided talking about him, the playerbase is who hyped him up, its the same with kel;thuzad.

Also yeah.. .the maldraxxus campaign does not deal with revendreth much, who would have thought?
    if you wanted to see the lore of a REVENDRETH CHARECTER maybe play the REVENDRETH CAMPAIGN.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1. I haven't because I only do LFR, I'm going simply by the info in the journal that shows me that he is a boss in the raid.
    2. Even if I had done the raid, how can you blame the players for that? You're gonna tell them to wait with the raid until all the campaign quests are available? That's the worst case of fanboyism I've ever seen

- - - Updated - - -

Then they shouldn't gate both LFR and the covenant campaign quests in a way where if you do content as soon as it is available, you'll get things out of order.

That is bad game design.

Tell the story differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people only do LFR. Stop feigning ignorance.
    By doing LFR you're doing the easiest gamemode the game has to offer. If you want things to be in NORMAL chronological order then maybe you should do a NORMAL raid?

It's not really necessary to do the raid for the story to make sense. You're literally complaining about nothing whatsoever. Only relevant parts is that a raid on the castle took place and Kael was freed during it, and the Accuser tells you that right at the start of the Covenant campaign chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not really necessary to do the raid for the story to make sense.
    No, it's not. You could just open a thread on MMO-C and have people tell you the connection between the raid and the campaign. But that means they failed at storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    By doing LFR you're doing the easiest gamemode the game has to offer. If you want things to be in NORMAL chronological order then maybe you should do a NORMAL raid?
    That makes no sense. If it's easy, you're supposed to get things out of order?

Yet at the same time I am forced to play the campaign story in the same order every time?

I can't even skip right to Maldraxxus, I have to do Bastion first.

Because of chronology.
    Last edited by twitchboy; 2020-12-31 at 05:16 PM.