Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Covenants are interesting, BFA watered down Legion (prior to 8.3 at least), SL so far is different than Legion, can't say it is watered down
    Also I'm cautious, I like SL but i don't love it as i thought i would, on reverse Legion I was hocked from the first second
    ofc its different since its just like WoD - its nothing like Legion / BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    And how do you call first few weeks of an expansion launch? How can u call SL grindy and compare it to the late half of 8.2 and not first weeks of 8.0?
    I mean it's painful to even read on how consciously ignorant you are just because you want to shit on new expansion.
    Its painful to see brainwashed opinions that have nothing to do with reality. Yes, you could ignore everything in BfA because of weekly chest and the fact activities such as arenas/raids/m+ giving you hefty amount of AP as oppose to scraps that drops from bosses now - especially weekly chest. That and because the bar was not set.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Fixed it for you
    dude...wile bfa wasnt great,it was WAY better than how bullshit legion was...legions grind was far worse and longer and gave more power,the legendery rng was FAR worse than anything in bfa,and it was there day 1,atleast corruption was only at the end and it got better fast,also titanforging in legion whent up much higher

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    broad, diverse, and inclusive
    someone works in HR

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its painful to see brainwashed opinions that have nothing to do with reality. Yes, you could ignore everything in BfA because of weekly chest and the fact activities such as arenas/raids/m+ giving you hefty amount of AP as oppose to scraps that drops from bosses now - especially weekly chest. That and because the bar was not set.
    ok mate, it's clear you did not even play the game and have absolutely no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    dude...wile bfa wasnt great,it was WAY better than how bullshit legion was...legions grind was far worse and longer and gave more power,the legendery rng was FAR worse than anything in bfa,and it was there day 1,atleast corruption was only at the end and it got better fast,also titanforging in legion whent up much higher
    i guess we agree to disagree, BFA was an absolute bore, i had more fun and engagement during legion then BFA, was hardcoring Legion while i subbed onto to complete the then current BFA content and then sod off again while waiting for the next patch.

It's definitely solid. I'd even say the most it's ever been.

Will only improve with more patches.

Very curious to see what 9.1 and beyond brings.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    ok mate, it's clear you did not even play the game and have absolutely no clue.
    Yeah i didn't even play the game and got cutting edges, that's why it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    i guess we agree to disagree, BFA was an absolute bore, i had more fun and engagement during legion then BFA, was hardcoring Legion while i subbed onto to complete the then current BFA content and then sod off again while waiting for the next patch.
    you having fun or not is completly irelevant to the factual things i stated,i for example had a blast in wotlk,but i still think its one of the wworst expansions content wise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    excuse me what?
    BFA is the WORST exp, while WoD had too few activities, BFA had a lot, but my class - paladin - was gutted so hard that i had more abilities and spells in wrath than in BFA, and wrath was 10 years older
    I couldn't even log to play my paladin, i felt pure disgust and hate, i don't remember i saw the 1.5 sec gcd since classic only to see it in bfa
    BFA content is better than WoD, but class itself was complete sh8t, even blizz themselves flat out admitted they ruined the 'vessel' of the game (aka class) in BFA with way too much gutting
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    How does SL endgame differ from that of Legion? Legion brought something new, BFA and SL just copy-pasted it.
    I think players that like SL are the sort of players that want to just play for 1-2 months and then unsub until the next raid tier. Really this raid tier is just do rated bgs for 220 gear and then run mythic CN a little bit. You can skip the rest. I have my doubts that Blizzard will be happy with the massive amounts of unsubbing coming in the next 4 weeks though.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think players that like SL are the sort of players that want to just play for 1-2 months and then unsub until the next raid tier. Really this raid tier is just do rated bgs for 220 gear and then run mythic CN a little bit. You can skip the rest. I have my doubts that Blizzard will be happy with the massive amounts of unsubbing coming in the next 4 weeks though.
    You speak as if BFA was better in terms of player "healthiness" at this point?
    Everyone hated BFA so much at this point, while in SL I still hear positives.
    This surely must account for some mindset change in PPL, does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    You speak as if BFA was better in terms of player "healthiness" at this point?
    Everyone hated BFA so much at this point, while in SL I still hear positives.
    This surely must account for some mindset change in PPL, does it not?
    Of course it was better, even with it's release issues 8.0 was far better patch than 9.0 will ever hope to be. And no, everyone was loving it (because it was new). On contrast, I hear more negatives now than at one month of BfA. Far more.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    wtf no? People were already bitching about island expedition spamming for azerite power and people were up in arms over Azerite gear, do you even possess a memory?

This expansion has been generally received MUCH more positively than BfA was and has been. To say anything else is to simply live outside of reality. Most of BfA features were DOA
    Yes, better memory than you. The only thing people bitched about at this point was randomness of weekly chest azerite drops.
    Otherwise it was the same rambling about something being boring, pretty much the same people bitch about torghast now.

Now you get people bitching about torghast being boring, content being unrewarding, everything being timegated including story, loot system being retarded, M+ being boring etc.

No, SL has been received much more negatively than BfA, even blizz shoelickers making clickbait videos about expansion being raid or die.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Yes, better memory than you. The only thing people bitched about at this point was randomness of weekly chest azerite drops.
    Otherwise it was the same rambling about something being boring, pretty much the same people bitch about torghast now.

Now you get people bitching about torghast being boring, content being unrewarding, everything being timegated including story, loot system being retarded, M+ being boring etc.

No, SL has been received much more negatively than BfA, even blizz shoelickers making clickbait videos about expansion being raid or die.
    Dude, you're tripping. At this point people were flipping their shit about how boring warfronts and island expeditions were. In BfA with the release of uldir people were upset at how irrelevant the story was for alliance, how shitty the uldir sets were, and how the order of warfronts gave an unfair advantage in the world first race. At this point people were also upset at how much you had to grind for Mag'har and Dark iron dwarves. Also, people were FURIOUS about how bad some class designs were at this point, as azerite did not fill in the gaps that were removed in legion.

There was a LOT wrong at this point. You sweeping it under the rug saying 8.0 BFA was sunshine and roses is complete bullshit
    Last edited by Ticj; 2021-01-02 at 06:35 AM.

BFA was absolute dogshit. From the beginning to the end. You can't even put shadowlands in the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    BFA was absolute dogshit. From the beginning to the end. You can't even put shadowlands in the same category.
    Thats why we put it in with WoD..

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Dude, you're tripping. At this point people were flipping their shit about how boring warfronts and island expeditions were. In BfA with the release of uldir people were upset at how irrelevant the story was for alliance, how shitty the uldir sets were, and how the order of warfronts gave an unfair advantage in the world first race. At this point people were also upset at how much you had to grind for Mag'har and Dark iron dwarves. Also, people were FURIOUS about how bad some class designs were at this point, as azerite did not fill in the gaps that were removed in legion.

There was a LOT wrong at this point. You sweeping it under the rug saying 8.0 BFA was sunshine and roses is complete bullshit
    So, what you're saying is that people will mindlessly complain about everything whether it's sunny or cool and it's better to just ignore them and enjoy the game?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post

Same way people flipping their shit about how boring torghast is, same way people flippin there is no content in SL, same way people flipping shit about maw being worst zone in entire game etc..

You are posting some irrelevant garbo that's not even important nor even close to the issues people been flipping shit now.

Like come on, are you even trying? Completely optional content that islands were as opposed to torghast that gives you soul ash
    AND THERE IS NO OTHER SOURCE OF THAT.
    or maybe maw that gives you sockets and there is no other source of that?

8.0 was far from perfect, but at least content was FUCKING DIVERSE.

Want leggo? -> off you go to torghast.
    Want renown? -> here are 2 quests, complete them each week
    Want gear? -> earn your tickets at weekly bingo

as opposed to AP:
    go islands, wq, m+, arenas, bg, raids (mix and match, pick what you want).

and no, that dickslap in face aka. 35 anima from a raid boss or 40 minutes of M+ doesn't count.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So, what you're saying is that people will mindlessly complain about everything whether it's sunny or cool and it's better to just ignore them and enjoy the game?
    No, I'm just countering his claim that BfA was better received than Shadowlands. It's not a claim based in reality. If you don't like shadowland that's fine, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't as well.