Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    There are tons of easy ways by Blizzard to handle this problem... but for some reason it keeps happening.
    Then I suggest you liste them all out and send them to Blizzard. They would love to hear them. In reality, you show you don't have any understanding of the issue at all. The botter will always find a new way to make a better bot that avoids detection and they have.

Yes... because 10 more people from MMo-champ that already hates him (mostly for his apperance which is really sad imho) will change his +30k daily viewership...
    Which is completely irrelevant to the point I made. You are the one sucking up to him like he is performing some great service when in fact he isn't doing ANYTHING because everyone, including Blizzard, is already aware of the situation.

I have seen multiboxers, but the vast majority of it's just 2 characters which idc because doubtful it's automated botting, and just don't care much so don't waste my time. I did see one that was about 5, reported, got an in game mail from blizzard the next day thanking me and telling me action was taken.

I see this type of even way more obvious botting shown in OP, way more often than I've ever seen in the open world of wow than in anytime that I can remember, report every time, nothing from blizzard. We'll hear about it in 1 blue post, 4 months from now how they gave a wave of a 6 month ban(not even permabans) to these botters, well after all the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I agree. Someone needs to handle asmongold. His toxicity is a detriment to everything WoW related (even if only because his words are worshipped by his cult-like followers).
    Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of WoW fans is when subsections act like their own little cults that look down upon the others. MMOC looks down at posters on the official WoW forums and streamers & their fans. Posters on the official WoW forums look down upon MMOC and streamers & their fans. Streamers & their fans look down upon MMOC and the official WoW forums.

Its like Mogushan Palace where the three factions all claim they are the true believers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    You make it so that the maximum amount of gold that can be transferred from one account to another regardless of character is say 20k per week.
    That doesn't work. In economics, that is a form of wage and price controls. Wage and price controls in real life are VERY bad because they result in shortages of goods. If your profit is capped at a certain level, you redesign your business from trying to pump as much product out as can by scaling up, to a "walled garden" model where you serve only the elite and the rest do without. In other words, the thought process of the business goes from "I want to serve everyone I possibly can" to "if I am limited in how many I can serve, I will become an exclusive brand and only serve the wealthiest and most reliable customers".
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm somewhat surprised that folks who play druids aren't upset about all the bots being druids. One of the choices ActiBlizz could make is to nerf druids quite heavily, or otherwise limit their gameplay. Pretty soon it will be: Druids = bots.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Then I suggest you liste them all out and send them to Blizzard. They would love to hear them. In reality, you show you don't have any understanding of the issue at all. The botter will always find a new way to make a better bot that avoids detection and they have.

Which is completely irrelevant to the point I made. You are the one sucking up to him like he is performing some great service when in fact he isn't doing ANYTHING because everyone, including Blizzard, is already aware of the situation.
    They could ban the bots for instance? I mean, it's not like you need to spend more than a few min finding these spots and sometime there is litteraly hundreds of bots in the same place.

It would litteraly take one or two people working with this. They don't even have that.

Besides, I (unfortunately) know people that have used simple bots that fish and such since at least Cata and they were not banned once. Not as much as a warning. I find it very unlikely that a company like Blizzard can't find and give them at least a warning in the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They could ban the bots for instance? I mean, it's not like you need to spend more than a few min finding these spots and sometime there is litteraly hundreds of bots in the same place.

It would litteraly take one or two people working with this. They don't even have that.

Besides, I (unfortunately) know people that have used simple bots that fish and such since at least Cata and they were not banned once. Not as much as a warning. I find it very unlikely that a company like Blizzard can't find and give them at least a warning in the last ten years.
    YOu are niave if you think that is going to stop anything. If you actually knew how bots worked, you would know that it is nowhere near as easy as you claim it is. AS I have said before, the bot makers are working just as hard at creating bots to avoid detection as Blizzard is at trying to break them. Also, they have to prove said toon is actually botting. You pointing at them and claiming they are bots isn't proof.

ps Your fiends actually have to be seen doing it and it has to actually be reported, especially if they are fishing. Nobody is going to report someone fishing as a bot. Things are nowhere near as easy as you are making it out to be.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-01-01 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

It only took Blizzard several years to fix the issue from vanilla release where if your toon knelt down to loot a corpse, it sometimes stayed stuck in the kneeling position forever until you logged out. You would scoot around the world in kneeling position.

Female orc casting animations have been broken SINCE VANILLA LAUNCH. If you /sleep and then cast / channel or go into fight animation, only your top half does the animation while everything below the waist remains sleeping. Literally looks like a broken back. I took this screenshot 5 minutes ago. Specifically, I achieved this one with a void pet smashing a target dummy and then doing /sleep without targetting the dummy in the class trial on the airship.

Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-01-02 at 12:31 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

YOu are niave if you think that is going to stop anything. If you actually knew how bots worked, you would know that it is nowhere near as easy as you claim it is. AS I have said before, the bot makers are working just as hard at creating bots to avoid detection as Blizzard is at trying to break them. Also, they have to prove said toon is actually botting. You pointing at them and claiming they are bots isn't proof.

ps Your fiends actually have to be seen doing it and it has to actually be reported, especially if they are fishing. Nobody is going to report someone fishing as a bot. Things are nowhere near as easy as you are making it out to be.
    It will stop the accounts that are botting. Simple as that.
    You don't need a detection system when you can litteraly log in and see for yourself. It's not like they are hiding it. They are so many that some zones are not playable. It would take a GM 5 sec to see that they are bots and they could simply remove them.

They rather annoying clip in the OP shows that quite clearly but thats not even the worst spot.

I would not call them "friends" and yes, they have been reported many, many times over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, honestly most people on this forum sound like salty boomers, so I'm not surprised that people around here are puzzled by an entertainer popular with the younger demographics.
    I'm almost 50 and love Pilav... and Asmongold. Very fun to watch.

It's not an age thing... being a pretentious c*nt doesn't need an age. :P The internet is filled with a ton of pretentious idiots who have zero humility and think their opinion is worth their weight in gold. :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    snip
    I like how the first half of that proved my point. So thanks for that, and also at the end where you admit that you're just speculating with no actual information. So my work here is done. There was a part in the middle where you tried the move the goalpost and make it about consumables for pug raiders for some reason? Which has nothing to do with anything, as pug raiders aren't the people selling boosts but whatever.

As you've now admitted that you don't actually have any information that would prove any points you've attempted to make, and you've conceded the point that RMT is going to exist no matter what as it does in every game in the history of online gaming, I don't see much point in continuing the discussion. Feel free to continue your crusade against legitimate boosting within the rules though but don't hold your breath on it. Have a nice new year.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Also, they have to prove said toon is actually botting. You pointing at them and claiming they are bots isn't proof.
    Everyone who played this game for more than a year or so is able to spot a bot when they see it. If Blizzard employed real people to login and look at the reported characters, to give out short suspensions with an email "dude we see you botting don't do it again" I'm sure we would see less of them after a while.

Humans are better at that but with the amount of realms it would probably be pretty expensive to employ enough bot hunters to make a difference. So they don't do it and rely on their automatic methods and ban waves. Unsatisfying for real players because they do it what like once a year.

I was thinking of saying the exact same thing but kept reading in the thread in case someone beat me to it. Got to love the armchair devs who talk about how easy it is to solve all the world's problems.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I like how the first half of that proved my point. So thanks for that, and also at the end where you admit that you're just speculating with no actual information.
    No, it points out why people don't directly buy boosts, or more specifically, why there is no one that wants to boost for real money, as its meager reward is not worth the risk.

In order for someone to buy a boost for real money, someone must be willing to boost for real money, it's that simple.
    You're free to ask people the people that boost and whether they would be willing to do it for 25€ or less, i think you'd always get a decisive "no fucking way".
    There was a part in the middle where you tried the move the goalpost and make it about consumables for pug raiders for some reason? Which has nothing to do with anything, as pug raiders aren't the people selling boosts but whatever.
    Huh?
    You're the one who claimed that even pugs spend a lot of gold on consumables.
    If you actually raid btw whether you do it in pugs, or you do it in a guild, consumables at the start of an expansion or the start of a tier are a pretty big gold sink.
    Like seriously, go the previous page and press CTRL+F and type in "consumable", you'll get two results, one is in your post.
    As you've now admitted that you don't actually have any information that would prove any points you've attempted to make, and you've conceded the point that RMT is going to exist no matter what as it does in every game in the history of online gaming,
    It's pretty hilarious to take an exit out this discussion without having provided the one thing i wanted from you: A reasonable explanation where all those goldbuyers spend their gold on (And i asked you this question multiple times by now).
    Which just showcases to me that someone which adamantly denies the RMT implication of boosts cannot reasonably explain where this gold is going, despite that being a crucial piece of information on how to tackle RMT.

Your entire post is more of a ramble of "I have no more arguments, so i'll accuse my opponents of moving the goalpost over a topic that i've brought into the discussion, then go on to say his post contain [no information] because i can".

Like seriously, it would have been a better way to just not reply at all anymore and leave it at that than trying to claim victory with a post that's this much of a confirmation that you're all out of arguments.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-01-02 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Everyone who played this game for more than a year or so is able to spot a bot when they see it. If Blizzard employed real people to login and look at the reported characters, to give out short suspensions with an email "dude we see you botting don't do it again" I'm sure we would see less of them after a while.

Humans are better at that but with the amount of realms it would probably be pretty expensive to employ enough bot hunters to make a difference. So they don't do it and rely on their automatic methods and ban waves. Unsatisfying for real players because they do it what like once a year.
    Again, you actually have to prove it is a bot. You have to prove automation. You can't simply point to something and call it a bot as proof. What you also fail to consiider is that Blizzard watches it so they can understand how it works so they can break it. OF course, the bot maker is always watching Blizz to see how they are detecting bots so they can continue to void detection as well.

If you think giving out a short suspension with a "don't do it again" is going to cause anyone to stop botting, you are naive. People who bot aren't at their PC's. ANd they certainly aren't going to quake in their boots over an e-mail from Blizz. They will simply get a new account with a new bot and start again. Again, this is nowhere near as easy as you are trying to make it out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I was thinking of saying the exact same thing but kept reading in the thread in case someone beat me to it. Got to love the armchair devs who talk about how easy it is to solve all the world's problems.
    They also don' tthink about the fact that banning accounts doesn't stop the bot. Breaking the bot does. If you just ban the account, they will get a new account with the same bot and continue on. Breaking the bot means players can no longer bot with it. Of course that bot maker will simply watch how their bot was detected and modify their bot to avoid that detection and be back botting again in no time. It's a continuous circle and anyone who claims throwing more people and money at it will stop it are kidding themselves.

My goodness that link itself looks less appealing than raw sewage.

On topic (or was this topic a clickbait for the video, I don't know), Blizzard has limited interest in too decisive actions against bots. They're paying accounts after all. So meanwhile, unless your YouTube account is not in question, don't expect any protest or whatever you wish to call your actions to make any difference. They are most certainly aware of the issue better than you think, but just are choosing to do nothing about it. At least until subscriptions are being cancelled on such grounds in enough numbers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    sodas are bad for your teeth.
    True, but I drink soda and take care of my teeth. Bad dental health will do that to ya

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Shouldn't you find that attractive? I mean, you have a crush on a [fictional] guy whose face is literally a skull lol.
    What does this have to do with my comment? I don't get it

- - - Updated - - -

OT: I don't really mind Asmongold tbh. Then again, I don't like to watch Youtubers so idk
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2021-01-02 at 01:23 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes, admitting to not understanding the trend of following streamers as if they're religious icons = bashing the streamer on a personal level.

Completely correct. Yep yep yep.

With how some stans behave, his questioning is sound.
    The topic wasn't about the streamers or what people think about them. It was about bots.

Nobody asked if you hate streamers and nobody cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    Bots help the economy by tanking the cost of farmable mats so guilds dont need people to farm shit.
    Now this is quite a take. Not a good one, but it's quite one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Now this is quite a take. Not a good one, but it's quite one.
    I mean he is right... then again sellers won't be happy about it, but buyers surely benefit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    True, but I drink soda and take care of my teeth. Maybe he just has really bad dental health?
    He was featured on Dr.K talking about his laziness problems... which included dental issues.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I mean he is right... then again sellers won't be happy about it, but buyers surely benefit.
    Partially correct. But it's kind of like saying "at least dead people make for great fertilizer."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Partially correct. But it's kind of like saying "at least dead people make for great fertilizer."
    can't see the similarity tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found