Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

We need classic wow with NO changes instead of what we got

There was MASSIVE and fundamental changes to WoW classic that basically broke the entire experience. I'm talking about layers and huge overblown servers. That completely ruins the entire feel and was the reason I couldn't play WoW classic. Fighting for mob kills, or players self-organizing for killing them is a MAJOR MASSIVE appeal of vanilla. Its called community. By adding layers, it takes away any reason for people to actually talk to each other which ruins everything. With server pop caps much higher than vanilla, it makes everyone feel totally anonymous. That's a HUGE change. You should have vanilla-style servers with smaller pops so that you get to know everyone.

Playing vanilla is ALL about community. I look at WoW classic and its a joke with these massive changes that destroy community.

We need WoW classic with NO changes.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Even if these things were different it wouldn’t matter, the community killed classic wow, you can’t convince me otherwise.

They got rid of layers a long time ago...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Layers are gone again, they only came back briefly over the summer and were coupled with finally locking the problematic servers.

And honestly without layering most of the same problems would still pop up. It wasn't layering that convinced everyone to roll Faerlina, it was Asmongold.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Select small server.

3+ Year Old Account
    We got no changes Classic regardless of what you may say.

I think layers actually did the opposite of what you think. Layering is the reason so many people got to play Classic in the first place. I think the average mentality of gamers had more to do with how Classic felt different than everything else combined. The game itself, even with all its changes, is close enough to its original version...until you introduce the gamers.

3+ Year Old Account
    The community is different because the community is different. Nothing they do to Classic can change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty hillarious how misinformed you are.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yeah, that must be why it failed. Can't be any other reason...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There was MASSIVE and fundamental changes to WoW classic that basically broke the entire experience. I'm talking about layers and huge overblown servers. That completely ruins the entire feel and was the reason I couldn't play WoW classic. Fighting for mob kills, or players self-organizing for killing them is a MAJOR MASSIVE appeal of vanilla. Its called community. By adding layers, it takes away any reason for people to actually talk to each other which ruins everything. With server pop caps much higher than vanilla, it makes everyone feel totally anonymous. That's a HUGE change. You should have vanilla-style servers with smaller pops so that you get to know everyone.

Playing vanilla is ALL about community. I look at WoW classic and its a joke with these massive changes that destroy community.

Your experience does not mean everyone feels the same.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

They won't do it because of costs and modern server infrastructure, the inevitable mountain of dead servers and overpopulated servers would be much worse too. Also, Classic was a massive success so obviously the compromises worked out fine. The main changing factor in Classic is the community, meta gameplay trends and availability of all knowledge, strategy, theorycrafting that wasn't widespread in 2005, not servers having more players.

You're never getting 2005 WoW back, play on a lower pop server that never gets layers.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaah, so that's why Classic didn't turn out to be what so many people imagined.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

You do realise that there were actually more players in each layer compared to vannilla wow, the community is the same as there is ppl who want to talk and others who cba and that wont change no matter what systems are in place, the community will never be the same its impossible to do that, if your playing classic thinking it would be the same then you have unreasonable expectations.

A large amount of players player classic because they didnt get to try vanilla and most of the players dont play at all anymore because its just not enjoyable, the game has evolved.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    They changed things people used to exploit, IE Gadgetzan and Booty Bay goblins shoot you off rooftops. Or the npcs that were killed in silithus that are no longer killable.

What you're describing just isn't reality. Did you even play Classic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The true classic experience was your first time. Once you have dived in on that then you are never going to get that experience back because you cannot relive your first time, it will just be your second time doing what you knew the first time.

Want the true classic experience then I advice finding someone to give you some temporary amnesia for 2005 onwards :P

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, that must be why it failed. Can't be any other reason...
    what do you mean it failed?

15+ Year Old Account
    When Brack originally said "you think you do, but you dont" I think he was talking about giving people pre 1.12 classic, because you really do not want pre 1.12.

The game was so broken before the patches, you don't even know. Like I don't care what cheese you've seen in Classic, nothing compares to the out of combat rezzing you could do when MC first came out. Raiding was soooooooo broken. The bosses dropped like no loot and it was garbage. People don't know about how many times they updated the loot tables.

People were wearing the Scholo sets and the DM tribute stuff all the way to AQ40 and they raided in full PVP sets. You were lucky to kill Nefarian. I didn't even have full tier 1 and I raided MC since it came out originally, you basically had to be an officer to get it. It was baaaaad. The talent tress were different too. Believe it or not, Shamans were broken OP on the old talent trees, they actually were nerfed by the time 1.12 came out, people used to complain about them a lot, then again, broken shit was rampant pre 1.12, like searing, magma and earthbind all would break rogues out of stealth, hell, everything would break rogues out of stealth, I used to use the trinket off Eranikus to break them.
    Rogues were pure garbage and needed tons of mechanical changes until they became the barman shanker, haha, ambush you for your whole HP bar, same with Warlock really. Warlock did zero damage, but fear never broke and they basically were balanced around that for a while.
    Mages popping both trinkets at the same time and were just one shotting everything, thank god there was no arena back then, the game was NOT ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    I would agree with this, we got no changes Classic. The players are different than they were before.