Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo6810 View Post
    There is once again a method of play that will tilt the balance in favour of players willing to abuse the game - I for one hope that Blizz see's this as game breaking and fixes this asap but not only that - BAN the idiots abusing it.

twitch.tv/jpctheman_/clip/IncredulousKnottyLaptopDendiFace?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Discuss.
    There should be more methods of this, honestly. The Naw is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    Can anyone just send the coordinates for this? I'll take my chances
    It's mostly on the river of souls and is really not worth it. The mobs used drop 2-5 a kill at best.

The Maw is a stain on a mostly great expansion, so I'm not surprised people have found ways to cheese a pointlessly lengthy socket grind.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    It's mostly on the river of souls and is really not worth it. The mobs used drop 2-5 a kill at best.
    This exploit is in the Beast Warrens in a cave. There are these eggs that when you walk through break and spawn adds that drop 2-5 at a time and can be one shot by most players. If you jump on the eggs they don't break and spawn the adds and repeatedly jumping allows you to spawn endless waves. A group of 5 with 4 people jumping on eggs was getting 20k Stygia per hour.

This is something that you cannot do solo as the farm rate will be trash and scales with the number of people. I am not sure how this will Ruin Shadowlands... Maybe improve it? All you get from Stygia is Sockets and random of lowest level conduit upgrades unless I am missing something.

I was considering joining in as the Maw sucks and the risk of temp ban/warning is worth the potential weeks of farming in the Maw. I have not met one person that said they enjoy doing the Maw every day. Going into the Maw the first couple of times was enjoyable, but every time I go there the more I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    They didn't revert or ban everyone. In fact, a lot of people suspended came back with their honor levels untouched. They still brag about it.
    I know someone who started in the 50s, got to 100, they reset him to 80. No ban, no warning, no action taken at all.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The fun of just doing the Maw the way it was designed ... I mean Blizzard even put a rate limiter in the thing to stop people choosing to bore themselves to tears trying to grind it.

The Maw is one example of people going out of their way to make the experience miserable.
    What? People try to get this steaming pile out of the way. Blizzard is trying to make it miserable for people because they want you keep coming back instead of just getting it over with.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

good, fuck maw

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    This exploit is in the Beast Warrens in a cave. There are these eggs that when you walk through break and spawn adds that drop 2-5 at a time and can be one shot by most players. If you jump on the eggs they don't break and spawn the adds and repeatedly jumping allows you to spawn endless waves. A group of 5 with 4 people jumping on eggs was getting 20k Stygia per hour.

This is something that you cannot do solo as the farm rate will be trash and scales with the number of people. I am not sure how this will Ruin Shadowlands... Maybe improve it? All you get from Stygia is Sockets and random of lowest level conduit upgrades unless I am missing something.

I was considering joining in as the Maw sucks and the risk of temp ban/warning is worth the potential weeks of farming in the Maw. I have not met one person that said they enjoy doing the Maw every day. Going into the Maw the first couple of times was enjoyable, but every time I go there the more I hate it.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320294/...covered-in-maw

Says river of souls. /shrug

Exploit early. Exploit often.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean... That's just not true. You might get a short ban, but usually you get to keep your stuff.
    The general rule is "exploit often, exploit early"
    Basically you always come out ahead.
    This. This even goes back to late TBC/Early WoTLK with the new server Scarab Lords and hasn't really changed since then. Rarely will the punishment outweigh the reward of exploiting, so most people do it anyway and end up ahead of the rest of the player base this way, even if they catch a ban.

Guess it all depends if conduits can currently be upgraded way beyond the intended season 1 level for this to have much of an effect. They could easily implement a new currency in the maw for season 2 if they find out a lot of players have so much stockpiled or nerf it similar to titan residuum

Been doing 30 min maw since day 1 and have everything socketed already. Most conduits are at 213 from heroic/mythic+

What's wrong with this? I did this at the start of the expansion and made millions off of the drops.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Can't have players break the time gates after all. The time played metric wills it.

I don't understand why hyperspawn mobs aren't changed to not drop loot in general

I'm still only at the honored level in the maw so I cant even buy sockets anyway. Eh.. I'd rather not risk my account for a couple gem sockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Eh.. I'd rather not risk my account for a couple gem sockets.
    It's not just gem sockets. Unbound Reality Fragment (1.9k stygia) gives you either a new conduit that you don't have or upgrades the lowest conduit you have. So near infinite stygia = upgrading all your conduits until they are all ilv 226.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    The old one it says is in river of souls but gives the cords for the new location in Beastwarrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I don't understand why hyperspawn mobs aren't changed to not drop loot in general
    The problem isn't so much that they drop loot; it's that they don't count towards Eye of the Jailer.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The problem isn't so much that they drop loot; it's that they don't count towards Eye of the Jailer.
    Hyper spawns are a problem in many areas of the game. They enable ridiculous gold farming for botters

Tried it 5 minutes ago... There's no instant spawn and the eggs despawn after jumping.
    Still drops stygia.
    Might be different during day/peak times.