Poll: Which side do you support in the inevitable cosmic war after Shadowlands?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the one who parses higher

Whichever side calls me "champion" the least.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    If I DO get a choice, I will pick whichever side(s) makes the most sense to me at the time.
    Good point. I can totally see that it would be quite odd for e.g. a LF Draenei character not to side with the Light, ditto for a Mage to not go balls to the wall with Order. At least, Priests would get to choose between Light and Shadow, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Good point. I can totally see that it would be quite odd for e.g. a LF Draenei character not to side with the Light, ditto for a Mage to not go balls to the wall with Order. At least, Priests would get to choose between Light and Shadow, I guess.
    Discipline Priests -- torn between Light and Shadow.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Void

Tear it all down, remake it in perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Void

Tear it all down, remake it in perfection.
    Except the Void destroys -- but not does necessarily rebuild.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

As a Demon Hunter and leader of the Illidari, I'd prefer my own army to take on any and all of the cosmic powers that try to establish themselves. The Demon Hunters rose up to take on the Legion, as more cosmic powers would threaten the universe, could see more people joining, using those powers against those enemies. Void Hunter, Light Hunter... etc

Life, obviously. The rest are either just outright evil or evil pretending to be good.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Life, obviously. The rest are either just outright evil or evil pretending to be good.
    As seen in Gorgrond and in the Everbloom dungeon, Life left unchecked can also be a serious threat to many living beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Ill support the one that gives me BiS stats :v

I don't think it is feasable to have these concepts go into a final war with us choosing a side. Many of them cannot be removed without destroying our reality. Order and Disorder, Death and Life remove only one and everything breaks. Light and Void might be the only forces that are not "necessary", though maybe they are. Destroying the Light might send our universe into eternal darkness and removing the Void would remove the only thing holding the Light back and would turn us all into mind-controlled zombies.

These forces seem to be unable to see this problem, or maybe they do not care about the living beings in the universe, but we as the living beings can't just say that we support one of them when we need them all to survive.

Except for several exceptions, the titans are not necessarily "evil" -- although they have done questionable things in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Except for several exceptions, the titans are not necessarily "evil" -- although they have done questionable things in the past.
    Titans are lawful evil. They have their own view of order and then try to force that on every thing else, even if that means wiping out entire planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weirder thing to me is that all the Covenants are lumped in together in the poll.

I'd breakdown the Covenants as follows.

Kyrians: Lawful evil
    Night Fae: Lawful neutral or True neutral
    Necrolords: Chaotic neutral
    Venthyr: Neutral evil or Lawful evil

This is just from my perspective from the leveling experience with each Covenant, as I haven't played through all of the Covenant campaigns.

The poll seems kind of wrong to me in its categorization of the sides; I'd stick Night Fae as being on the side of Life and Venthyr on the side of Death. Kyrians would fall under Order, and Necrolords would be fall under Death or Disorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just an adventurer, dude. I fight for who pays me.

- - - Updated - - -

Titans are lawful evil. They have their own view of order and then try to force that on every thing else, even if that means wiping out entire planets.
    They feel they are doing good. Lawful evil would be using established systems for personal gain, like a king raising taxes to fund his lavish lifestyle or starting a war to capture slaves to build a palace. Titans would be true neutral. They have no laws, but also are self-disciplined and predictable, and establish life and balance neither for good or evil, but because creation is in their nature.

They left Azeroth with old god shit on her because they didn't want to destroy the planet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Life, Order and (surprisingly) Death all seem to be what we would consider benevolent.

The Cheese. The Cheese will stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The weirder thing to me is that all the Covenants are lumped in together in the poll.

I'd breakdown the Covenants as follows.

Kyrians: Lawful evil
    Night Fae: Lawful neutral or True neutral
    Necrolords: Chaotic neutral
    Venthyr: Neutral evil or Lawful evil

This is just from my perspective from the leveling experience with each Covenant, as I haven't played through all of the Covenant campaigns.

The poll seems kind of wrong to me in its categorization of the sides; I'd stick Night Fae as being on the side of Life and Venthyr on the side of Death. Kyrians would fall under Order, and Necrolords would be fall under Death or Disorder.
    Kyrian come across as more lawful neutral (lawful stupid at worst), Lawful Evil would imply that they are doing what they do (mind wiping and blind addherence to the authority) for cruel, selfish or evil reasons but in the Kyrians case it's that they preform a duty (guiding souls to the shadowlands) that requires complete objectivity and neutrality, Forsworn are neutral evil as their motivation is about rejecting the selflessness of the path either to obtain ascension for themselves or regain their memories.

the Necrolords as they are supposed to be (under the primus) seem like another form of lawful neutral, one thats ruthless but serves a overall lawful/orderly goal (protecting the shadowlands), but in the state we see them they are chaotic neutral (fighting for fightings sake) or neutral evil (advancing their own position).

Revendreth is similar what they're supposed to do is redeem souls that would otherwise be sent to the maw but their methods (torture) prevents them from being "good", those working for Denathrius are mostly Neutral Evil (Venthyr) or Lawful Evil/Neutral (Stoneborn)
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-02-04 at 03:41 PM.

Other / I do not support ANY side in this cosmic war

I support the Horde, and what ever cosmic power benefits the Horde the most.
    All cosmic forces use the mortals as their toys to play with.
    A faction as the Horde should flip the coin and use the forces in their benefit.