Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I can add to the conversation is that dwarven Stoneform clears the rain on self immediately, so if the healer is struggling you can help by popping it 1-2 seconds after the cast is done (so you are at the full amount of stacks, around 4/5 iirc).

But yes, screw Stradama and her swamp of horrors

Funny I thought Theatre of Pain's final boss was insanely harder than Plaguefall.

Only nerf she needs is to double her HP and make the phases happen every 1min instead of 30%

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    Funny I thought Theatre of Pain's final boss was insanely harder than Plaguefall.
    that one was nerfed hard like 3 weeks ago. That boss is a pushover since then. There was a cheese strat to have prideful for the final boss in ToP and people stopped doing that because they'd rather have prideful for the hook boss instead.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yeah, I won't do a Plaguefall M+ key.
    You wont do the third easiest to time M+ because you can understand a boss with 2 mechanics?

10+ Year Old Account
    The adds in p3 are wonky, rest is on you though. If you get 1shot by tentacle or the big add you just downright suck.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    You wont do the third easiest to time M+ because you can understand a boss with 2 mechanics?
    I have no issues, but the rest of the groups I get cant seem to figure it out so to avoid wasting my time I just do whatever +8 key I find and leave M+ alone better and more consistent gear in PVP, that and it is amazing this Xpac.

Completed it on a +12 last week and we really didn't seem to have an issue with any boss.

That being said, a lot of dungeon bosses this xpac are made infinitely easier with 2 high burst classes in group for a specific boss rather than just high sustain damage. The adds for instance on the second boss in HoA need to go down before first stoning. The add on the second boss in sanguine depth just needs to die ASAP before it aoe wipes the group. Likewise, if you have a comp that just nukes down those slow skelly adds in a few seconds, the fight becomes easier to manage. In P3, everyone just dodges the tentacles and pop defensives for the rain.

I imagine this boss will be really easy as more groups approach 226 average ilvl, and I'm ok with that design. I'm ok with a +15 requiring a good comp, perfect gameplay, and good affixes (or some combination) if your group is at average ilvl 210 (what drops in +15). It's meant to be a challenge after all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I have no issues, but the rest of the groups I get cant seem to figure it out so to avoid wasting my time I just do whatever +8 key I find and leave M+ alone better and more consistent gear in PVP, that and it is amazing this Xpac.
    Thats fair Ive had a lot of people fuck my PF keys up too.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to rotate personal and healer cooldowns for rains when they stuck up, other than that she's fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The adds in p3 are wonky, rest is on you though. If you get 1shot by tentacle or the big add you just downright suck.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...last_boss_are/

Say that to this guy ^

Nice try with the high horse though. The encounter has issues. Counter-able issues, but issues nevertheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post

Say that to this guy ^

Nice try with the high horse though. The encounter has issues. Counter-able issues, but issues nevertheless.
    Looks more like a bug than anythin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    That's the problem though. If your group doesn't have at least 3 Disease cleanses it's incredibly difficult to outheal without blowing every CD in your spellbook. It requires a far-too-specific group comp to counter.
    Not much else TO heal tho so healer should use a cd for each time. No healign required in dance phase. she doesn't hit for all that much. adds should be kited.
    Also 9 out of 10 times there's a lazy dps that can dispell but doesn't.

As for nerfing it. i mean i guess, but i see PF as the new king rest, it's gonna be a few keys behind entire season. Not sure why people are bothered with harder content, soon enough you can farm it on 14 so anything higher is irrelevant for majority, and for the rest, i don't think top 10 parties complain on here, they just work around it.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2021-01-11 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post

Say that to this guy ^

a months old 5 second video proves what?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    a months old 5 second video proves what?
    This shit still happens to me. Clearly in safe zone and still die.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What about last boss in ToP?
    That one has already been nerfed and is pretty straightforward
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I would say the rain is way overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    ToP you just lust last boss at 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Tentacles are simple but the timer on them is very unforgiving.
    Sure, and they also have -- like many things in WoW -- a bigger impact area than you'd think. But they are entirely avoidable by everyone, even slower classes. I know when I get hit by them it's because ooops I fucked up. I don't think one shot mechanics are inappropriate in m+ as long as they are avoidable. The danger and skillcheck is part of the fun, and this is a pretty low skill check.

I'm not saying the fight is cake and get good or anything. The highest plaguefall I've done is a measily nine and the rain was pretty brutal even on that difficulty. I just think the tentacles are the wrong thing to focus on here if you really want to sell a needed nerf.

In an ideal world, Blizzard would improve their graphic display of impact areas across the entire game to make the size more accurate/appropriate to the spell effect, but that's sort of a greater problem not really unique to this or any fight.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think poison rain is the only thing that needs a nerf. Tentacle animation size is incorrect. They changed it to be larger after the first week but didnt actually change the floor affect it seems.

Other than that - CC the walking mobs if you need to, knock them back if you have a class that can do that.

In terms of the rain, if you're coordinated you can likely do prideful+short DPS CDs for phase 1, long DPS CDs for phase 2, lust for p3 or some combination of that, it can still be pretty killer though.

I do agree that of all the dungeon bosses, she has the most (frequent) mechanics that will punish poor play/no coordination starting at key level 12 or so. Every other boss, usually its just 1 mechanic until you get into the 16+ range.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    If your key is high enough you probably won't kill this boss no matter how many tries you do.
    I watched some streams of +19 (Fortified) keys, because i wanted to know how a disc priest heals this:
    The answer is: He doesn't. He died 2 times in p3 with BREZ and the group somehow killed it fast enough...
    So, what you're saying here is that a group beat the boss on +19