Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You called US an oligarchy, because our private enterprise, told president Trump Corporation to shut up...
    Nope. You're again thinking about last week, not the entire US history.

Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy
    Cambridge: Oligarchy in the United States?

wiki/Oligarchy#United_States
    In a 2015 interview, former President Jimmy Carter stated that the United States is now "an oligarchy with unlimited political bribery" due to the Citizens United v. FEC ruling which effectively removed limits on donations to political candidates. Wall Street spent a record $2 billion trying to influence the 2016 United States presidential election.

Princenton

Comparing it to Russia and China, is not deflecting... it’s showing how ludicrous your assertion that China’s social media is Free Speech, because they can’t ban their president. This lunacy doesn’t make since, as soon as you remove the deep... deep... oh... so deep... AmericaPhobia you are expressing.
    I have never asserted that China's social media is "free speech", stop lying.

US being controlled by oligarchy says nothing about freedom of other countries; that you're unable to defend it in any other way then whataboutisms is telling.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-01-12 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Flathet if the government has ultimate control of media... when a corporation dumps a bunch of shit into your drinking water... How would you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Nope. You're again thinking about last week, not the entire US history.
    Yeah, you need to link more articles about the oligarchy limiting speech in US. The more links you provide, the more of a point you make. Let’s make this a challenge... if you can post 15 articles about the American oligarchy, you win the argument that oligarchs control speech in US. Deal?

I have never asserted that China's social media is "free speech", stop lying.
    You didn’t claim that private enterprise having autonomy in their speech, is an attack on free speech by oligarchs? Because if you did... than you did claim China’s and Russian media is free speech, while America isn’t.

Just because you describe a rabbit, doesn’t mean you are not talking about rabbits. You are not required to say China, when discussing their policy, to claim its free speech. You presented an assertion, China is an example of said assertion.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    B-b-but it's a slippery slope! Today it's neo-nazis, tomorrow it's your aunt planning to kidnap a governor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    B-b-but it's a slippery slope! Today it's neo-nazis, tomorrow it's your aunt planning to kidnap a governor!
    It’s true... I was banned over the weekend... it happened to me!!! Why is the president getting treated like I did? His brain is so smooth...

Edit: I was banned for trolling, not a plot to kidnap anyone... just sayin...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Shill more for your corporate overlords.
    You can’t chastise people with ‘overlords’, when literally arguing for ultimate government control. WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should read up on what the falun copper mine is.
    The falun copper mine, is going to be helped, by limiting speech on social media, by the government? I think you need to demand something else... otherwise, it seems disingenuous...

Shill more for your corporate overlords.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should read up on what the falun copper mine is.
    Dude's who are defending what the Nazis did, don't exactly hurt my feelings.

I support the premise that people (and companies) should be free to do what they want, so long as they do not harm others.

You want to force Muslim immigrants to only serve Swedish Democrats.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.
    You want complete and total government control to demand exactly what corporations do... and you want a ton of rules.

The part you don't seem to get... is that you won't always be in charge. What if the Swedish Democrats are in charge, and that's what they decide they want to do with the power you want them to have?

It's literally what you called for.

- - - Updated - - -

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

You asked how big tech poison my well. Mining operations.
    Amazon poisoned your well?

Or was it Twitter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Corporations to be held responsible for all the shit they do.
    You just sound upset the terrorist group that are Trump Supporters are being shown the door.

Where was all that righteous outrage when businesses were discriminating against minorities, I do wonder? Probably where it was when cops were abusing the latter group.

Funny how something becomes a problem when it starts affecting you, huh?

And in this case, they are responsible for choosing to not do business with Nazis.

Why do you want to force them to do business with Nazis?

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked how big tech poison my well when I talked about corporations. Mining operations.
    When you bitch about big tech, you mean to bitch about mining operations? Do you think mining companies are big tech companies?

Mining companies have more in common with big energy... like oil companies... It’s how Exxon CEO was the Secretary of State, of the very government you claim should expand regulation of social media.

I'm not upset at all about that.
    You are literally here bitching in a thread about Nazis being deplatformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not upset at all about that.
    Are you surprised at all, that the government you want to regulate speech on social media, is filled with fossil fuel and military complex lobbyists and sympathizers? You know... the ones telling you to attack social media, as they poison your well.

Quick question... Do you think asbestos is poisoning your land? Was it ever illegal to use and who changed it? What are the odds that the same people telling you big tech poisoned your land, are the same ones that made asbestos legal again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are literally here bitching in a thread about Nazis being deplatformed.
    I think... I heart asbestos... should be a slogan for people claiming social media requires ultimate government control. What could possibly go wrong? How do you spell... methothilioma?

I have never said it's a bad thing if the page was shut down.
    Once again, you have been bitching and deflecting the entire thread.

SO, all you want to do is derail? Got it.

Thank God these companies are free to not do business with Nazis, no matter how much you want to force them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, you need to link more articles about the oligarchy limiting speech in US. The more links you provide, the more of a point you make. Let’s make this a challenge... if you can post 15 articles about the American oligarchy, you win the argument that oligarchs control speech in US. Deal?
    Well, can you answer who exactly controls speech in US media?

...the answer is well known. It's oligarchs.

You didn’t claim that private enterprise having autonomy in their speech, is an attack on free speech by oligarchs? Because if you did... than you did claim China’s and Russian media is free speech, while America isn’t.
    Nope, as far as i'm concerned all three aren't free.

Why do you think China has free media?

Maybe you should learn to read.
    Oh, I can read just fine, Mr. Total and Complete Government Control.

Thank Goodness we have the First Amendment in the United States.

No, you obviously can't.
    It's a shame so many people around here hate corporations so damn much, that they'd force them to platform Nazis in their quest off complete and total government control.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The internet hasn't changed.
    Let's all go for a spirited round of Chuck Norris facts.

Or Vin Diesel facts for the really old.

Actually I just remembered why we let the oldschool internet die in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like every other country, it’s the government.

If this were true, Trump the oligarch, would have recourse to the ban. He doesn’t... I can start my own company and ban Trump... am I an oligarch?

Why do you think China has free media?
    I am not convinced that China is free, because their president can’t be kicked off social media. You haven’t convinced me, to the point to ask such a question. You need to try harder... effort... chin up...

The fact that a coup against the Capitol was organised in plain sight on the internet is proof positive speech isn't controlled in the US.

How about a test, Shalcker? Go start a group online for an armed protest against Putin. Send us regular updates on how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

They are. By their advertisers. Why do you think they shut down Parler? Out of the goodness of their hearts? LOL.

I mean, the media being run on the profit motive is obviously a bad thing, but America wanted unrestrained capitalism and there you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.