10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Going to assume you are talking about the US.

Companies in almost all states can mandate a vaccine. However there are a lot of other things at play that do not go away.

Of course they must also comply with other laws. Must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and any religious objections. they must comply with even further restrictions at the state level regarding sick time. etc etc

https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-s...other-eeo-laws

Then there is a bunch of shit at the state level that would have to be followed.

They can fire you for getting sick even from something they require. not much going to protect you here.
    so basically if i don't have the sick days to cover the possible side effects i shouldn't get the vaccine unless i want to risk losing my job. looks like the choice is made for me. and yeah i am talking about the u.s. wisconsin if you want to be specific.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so basically if i don't have the sick days to cover the possible side effects i shouldn't get the vaccine unless i want to risk losing my job. looks like the choice is made for me. and yeah i am talking about the u.s. wisconsin if you want to be specific.
    Depends on how much the virus spreads in the area, if you don't have sick days for possible vaccine issues you don't have sick days for actually getting covid either - which has higher risk of getting you sick for longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Damn, is USA really excluding Canadians from the vaccine?
    That's how stupid you sound.
    It's not that simple - there are 4 million Palestinians living on Gaza and the West bank (some possibly working in Israel), and almost 2 million in Israel.

Israel is intending to vaccinate all citizens in Israel, including a push among non-Jews https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...than-two-weeks
    But not people in Gaza and the West bank (at least not yet); and I don't know if vaccines from Israel would be welcome there.

As far I know some other countries include guest-workers (and some Palestinians work in Israel), and the EU is doing a symbolic gesture with providing vaccines to countries close to the EU (and will possibly do more once the majority of the EU population is vaccinated).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-01-13 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's up to three now.
    Doesn't this fit the definition of bioterrorism?

Too bad, US law doesn't seem to prosecute the wealthy and powerful, so there's that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Moderna vaccines are now being delivered across EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    There is no direct border between Gaza and Egypt. Gaza does not control its borders so how would Egypt open up the border? To whom? The Israeli border control or European border control?
    What do you mean there is not? Those 12km are not border now? Israel does not control that part since 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I just hope it all ends soon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What do you mean there is not? Those 12km are not border now? Israel does not control that part since 2005.
    Well I got some dates mixed up but the essential part is, Gaza does not have control over its borders because Gaza is a part of Israel and not its own country. Egypt can't just open up its borders to Gaza because in an agreement with Israel it controls the southern border to Gaza while Israel controls the northern border.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Well I got some dates mixed up but the essential part is, Gaza does not have control over its borders because Gaza is a part of Israel and not its own country. Egypt can't just open up its borders to Gaza because in an agreement with Israel it controls the southern border to Gaza while Israel controls the northern border.
    Gaza is not part of Israel, nor has it ever been. Israel fully withdrew in 2005 and have never claimed it as theirs.
    Palestinian Authority (or State of Palestine, if you will, though the country does not exist yet) is the de iure authority there, while de facto control belongs to Hamas (which... is kinda the main reason for blockade by both Israel and Egypt).
    Take that haters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gaza is not part of Israel, nor has it ever been. Israel fully withdrew in 2005 and have never claimed it as theirs.
    Palestinian Authority (or State of Palestine, if you will, though the country does not exist yet) is the de iure authority there, while de facto control belongs to Hamas (which... is kinda the main reason for blockade by both Israel and Egypt).
    So it's not a country, within the territory of Israel and does not have full control over taxation but it's not part of Israel, sure uhu, ok.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

last time i checked usa isnt occupying canadians zones
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's apartheid, not togetherheid. /s

A state that says we can't criticise them because they ostensibly represent a persecuted demographic turning around doing the same persecution is a tale as old as nationalism. It's also fucking stupid because viruses don't ask for proof of citizenship before making someone a vector, so why should we do so when dispensing vaccines.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-01-13 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So it's not a country, within the territory of Israel and does not have full control over taxation but it's not part of Israel, sure uhu, ok.
    It is not within territory of Israel... *eyeroll* Open Wikipedia and take a look at map of Israel. Gaza is not in it. It never has been.
    Taxation? I would understand if you argued about West Bank, but not Gaza, they are de facto independent. Being under blockade does not change the independence factor, Hamas does what it wants and the PA decisions are ignored by them since 2007, when they threw them (Fatah, the ones in charge of West Bank and de facto current PA) off the roofs/dragged behind motorcycles in a small civil war of classical Middle East bullshit.

And let me tell you - Hamas would not ever accept vaccines from Israel (with one exception of being on verge of loosing power, which is not likely).
    Take that haters.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is not within territory of Israel... *eyeroll* Open Wikipedia and take a look at map of Israel. Gaza is not in it. It never has been.
    Taxation? I would understand if you argued about West Bank, but not Gaza, they are de facto independent. Being under blockade does not change the independence factor, Hamas does what it wants and the PA decisions are ignored by them since 2007, when they threw them (Fatah, the ones in charge of West Bank and de facto current PA) off the roofs/dragged behind motorcycles in a small civil war of classical Middle East bullshit.

And let me tell you - Hamas would not ever accept vaccines from Israel (with one exception of being on verge of loosing power, which is not likely).
    It is within the territory of Israel. That's why the border control was negotiated between Egypt and Israel, not Egypt and Gaza. Gaza is not its own country, neither is the West Bank, they don't have full control over everything which is kind of a defining factor of independence.

It is within the territory of Israel. That's why the border control was negotiated between Egypt and Israel, not Egypt and Gaza. Gaza is not its own country, neither is the West Bank, they don't have full control over everything which is kind of a defining factor of independence.
    While it is quite funny seeing someone call Gaza an Israeli territory I give up, this is hopeless.
    Take that haters.

oh my, new british variant can destroy the dutch population.. 170k daily, people who will get it if it does the same as it does in the UK....Thats alot...

*double eyeroll* until 2005 it was occupied by israel, but anyway still today israel control the movements of goods (and other things).
    anyway my concerns were mostly for westbank, thats actually occupied and colonized by israel and apparenty they are denying the vaccine to the palestinians...

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...page&q&f=false (some reference about relationship between israel and gaza)
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    *double eyeroll* until 2005 it was occupied by israel, but anyway still today israel control the movements of goods (and other things).
    anyway my concerns were mostly for westbank, thats actually occupied and colonized by israel and apparenty they are denying the vaccine to the palestinians...

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...page&q&f=false (some reference about relationship between israel and gaza)
    Do you know the difference between is Israel's territory and is controlled/occupied by Israel? No, those are not semantics. As of right now Hamas is in charge in the territory itself, not Israel, so...

Apparently PA is legally supposed to organize procurement of vaccines themselves, which was already said there. Of course, it is much more easier and convenient to blame Israel as is the norm.
    Take that haters.

Do you know the difference between is Israel's territory and is controlled/occupied by Israel? No, those are not semantics. As of right now Hamas is in charge in the territory itself, not Israel, so...

Apparently PA is legally supposed to organize procurement of vaccines themselves, which was already said there. Of course, it is much more easier and convenient to blame Israel as is the norm.
    dude, are you only here to blindly defend israel? because my fucking question was "damn, is israel really excluding palestinians (in westbank) from the vaccine?"
    you know, the zone that is colonized by israel.
    im not debating if gaza can or cant vaccine his population (even if with the blockade that israel is still doing it could be a fair question). im not even debating anything about gaza at all.
    at least you can answering about only the palestinians that are living in israel if your feeling are touched by people that arent worshipping zionism, are they somehow put as second class citizen? or the news i actually reading arent complete?

10+ Year Old Account
    Portugal hits a new record with 10556 cases and 156 deaths in 24h.

State of emergency until the 30th. Meanwhile Denmark extends measures until the 7th of February.

Errmm, can governments keep airtravel grounded??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arnosavard View Post
    I just hope it all ends soon
    It'll technically never end for the same reasons why influenza doesn't end, because the virus will mutate. It'll get manageable by the summer for the same reason it was last summer, because people aren't in doors all day and the weather does have an effect on it. If the vaccine is effective then things should end by summer for sure, though China's CoronaVac is turning out to be only 50% effective. We also had another record breaking amount dead in USA at around 4,197, despite having given out 6 million vaccine shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    It'll technically never end for the same reasons why influenza doesn't end, because the virus will mutate. It'll get manageable by the summer for the same reason it was last summer, because people aren't in doors all day and the weather does have an effect on it. If the vaccine is effective then things should end by summer for sure, though China's CoronaVac is turning out to be only 50% effective. We also had another record breaking amount dead in USA at around 4,197, despite having given out 6 million vaccine shots.
    It has mutated. Like, a fucking lot. It's just that the overwhelming majority of the mutations are benign and don't have any real effects patients with the virus or the efficacy of vaccines.

The weather doesn't effect the virus, but it can impact overall health (hello flu complications!), so "the summer heat will kill it" nonsense is still just that, nonsense.

Color me shocked that a Chinese company would be dishonest with their data, that's on old Bolsonero for being a fucking retard. Which isn't surprising given that he's done his damndest to fuck up the Brazilian response to the virus when he's not calling for the Amazon to be slashed and burned or for gays to be put to death.

And the death statistics have what to do with the vaccine rollout so far (which has been a fuckin mess)? The people dying are people who were already sick before the vaccines began being administered, people who were still waiting to get vaccinated because they're not in the first groups to get it, etc. etc. And 6M vaccines is fucking nothing and not remotely enough to have a meaningful impact on new cases etc.

Vaccines aren't a magical instant cure-all, and the Phizer vaccine requires two doses over two months, and roughly a week for the first dose to kick in.

Jesus christ, why is everything you post so uninformed?