10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I am a realist of the failings of humans.
    The word is "misanthrope" and we're aware that it's quite in vogue to justify reprehensible political opinions. Mostly among edgy white dudes in PHIL and POL 101, but a few people seem not to be able to grow out of it for reasons.

Can't be accused of unethical behavior if one has no ethics, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Don't be ashamed by that thought. As a coder and former game tester, those are honestly the first thoughts that should always take place when designing either a new system or a change to an existing system.
    Just had a call with some colleagues about a new feature. We had 4 options how to implement it. The first question asked:

"Which solution is least likely to invite User fuckery?"

And that's always the first question ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The word is "misanthrope" and we're aware that it's quite in vogue to justify reprehensible political opinions. Mostly among edgy white dudes in PHIL and POL 101, but a few people seem not to be able to grow out of it for reasons.

Can't be accused of unethical behavior if one has no ethics, after all.
    People hate you because you are a nauseating fucking hypocrite, doesn't mean they hate humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stardrist View Post
    People hate you because you are a nauseating fucking hypocrite, doesn't mean they hate humanity.
    Ok burner.

In other news, it's been saliently pointed out that MAGA can also stand for "My Ass Got Arrested".
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Ok burner.

In other news, it's been saliently pointed out that MAGA can also stand for "My Ass Got Arrested".
    I just love the way Americans think they can attempt humour without understanding sarcasm, nuance or wit. It is like watching a dog attempt sculpture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just love the way Americans think they can attempt humour without understanding sarcasm, nuance or wit. It is like watching a dog attempt sculpture.
    I just love the way in which people consistently assume I'm American, too.

Aim before you shoot, hun. Don't be Dick Cheney.

Probably because you lack understanding of sarcasm, nuance wit or nuance.

Btw Do you still think Trump is bad because he wanted to end the Afghan war "too fast"? That has to be one of the fuckwitted statements I have ever heard on this forum, which is saying something....of all the reasons you could object to Trump and you chose THAT. Cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because you lack understanding of sarcasm, nuance wit or nuance.

Btw Do you still think Trump is bad because he wanted to end the Afghan war "too fast"? That has to be one of the fuckwitted statements I have ever heard on this forum, which is saying something....of all the reasons you could object to Trump and you chose THAT. Cunt.
    Yeah yeah, you aren't a real left winger unless you vote for Tulsi Gabbard and be the most anti-war ever except when your buddies are busy gassing their citizens, yadda yadda Joey Joe Joe Jr Shabadoo.

Heard it to death in the Democratic primary thread and I fail to see how it's relevant here now, bbq.

Yeah yeah, you aren't a real left winger unless you vote for Tulsi Gabbard and be the most anti-war ever
    Like you have to be some kind of peaceknik to oppose an illegal invasion that killed hundreds of thousands of people, and imposed a government which literally legalized the industrial gang rape of large numbers of children. Newsflash fuckwit: that doesn't make you a left-wing, that makes you a decent human being unlike whatever the fuck your revolting demonic parody of an evil soul yours has morphed into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like you have to be some kind of peaceknik to oppose an illegal invasion that killed hundreds of thousands of people
    Which I did, at the time, unlike most of y'all.

and imposed a government which literally legalized the industrial gang rape of large numbers of children.
    Thus you can see the concern in leaving a total power vacuum wherein the country is left to the devices of shitsquillion warlords who would also be gang raping on industrial scales.

It's called a "fait accompli" and one of those situations where there are no good solutions, just less bad ones. Unilaterally withdrawing overnight is not one of those less bad solutions.

It's kinda like how I support universal healthcare but not Medicare for All since the latter has come to refer specifically to a "policy" (I hesitate to call it that because its supporters tend to demonise people trying to work out specifics) being promoted by incompetent ragemongers using the entirely valid concern of public health as a fig leaf for the fact they're mostly interested in stirring the pot, rather than effecting actionable change.

And then, in the sweetest irony, they go around and accuse everyone else of indolence when it's largely them doing nothing but performative internet advocacy. In short:

Aim before you shoot, hun. Don't be Dick Cheney.
    Look, I think we can all agree Cheney hit what he wanted to hit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Then the reverse would be true too, if the Senate passes a bill it goes to the House to vote.

In theory, I'm actually pretty down with this. It forces them both to do their jobs and forces them to actually deal with each other rather than ignore each other.

But what immediately jumps to mind is one party using that to functionally overwhelm the party in the other chamber with garbage legislation. I hate it, because Republicans have been so corrupt and dishonest that my first thought is, "How easily can this be abused/exploited to absolutely fuck everything over and destroy an attempt at good-faith governance?"
    They could always have something similar to what Canada has, where there's an opposition day every so often where the party that is the Official Opposition (second largest party, since there are more than two in Canada) has the opportunity to call votes on bills. The fact that they only have a limited amount of time minimizes the effect of flooding the system with junk bills, but it allows them to get an actual vote on the things that they feel are being ignored, even if it's only to be shot down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Look, I think we can all agree Cheney hit what he wanted to hit.
    Misfire? I think you mean "alternative target". /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Thus you can see the concern in leaving a total power vacuum wherein the country is left to the devices of shitsquillion warlords who would also be gang raping on industrial scales.

It's called a "fait accompli" and one of those situations where there are no good solutions, just less bad ones. Unilaterally withdrawing overnight is not one of those less bad solutions.
    War is like sex, the withdrawal method doesn't work. The US shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan in the first place, but it did, and now it needs to pay the child support rather than just run off and invade the next country that it finds drunk at a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is what happens when the election is over, but the thread stays open, and people then decide to go in circles with shit like wolf packs. And some people insist on feeding the troll-like existences.

Honestly, the people that feed those that are full of obvious shit and trolls are almost as bad as the trolls themselves. It gets so fucking tedious seeing pages of 2 posters going round in circles with the same posts nonstop.
    No one is trolling any one here. I genuinely fucking hate people like you.

Excuse me while I go shit myself in fear of some impotent twat on a random forum.
    They’re just a tsundere.

It’s cute.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2021-01-13 at 03:57 PM.

That doesn't make you better, it makes you worse. The cunts that supported the war at least have the excuse of terminal and vacuous stupidity. You know exactly what was involved, and yet you gave up your "principled" opposition for short-term partisan advantage and put a man who was the Democrats cheerleader-in-chief for the war in the White House.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me while I go shit myself in fear of some impotent twat on a random forum.
    I have no intent to or interest in intimidating you. I just genuinely fucking hate you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    They’re just a tsundere.
    As if you couldn't be more fucking irritating - a fucking anime reference.

You do know anime references scream "I'M A FAT FUCKING WEIRD VIRGIN".

That doesn't make you better, it makes you worse. The cunts that supported the war at least have the excuse of terminal and vacuous stupidity. You know exactly what was involved, and yet you gave up your "principled" opposition for short-term partisan advantage and put a man who was the Democrats cheerleader-in-chief for the war in the White House.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no intent to or interest in intimidating you. I just genuinely fucking hate you.
    First off, welcome to the forums!!!!

We'd appreciate it if you didn't use such rhetoric, it violates the forum rules. I'd hate to see you get infracted on your first day. It's clear you are a very enthusiastic person, and we really do love that around here!

Enjoy your time here!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...amp-Rules!-***

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...**-PLEASE-READ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    They’re just a tsundere.

It’s cute.
    I feel like this website's leadership spends a lot of time curating to this effect. Some people even pay a subscription to get sealioned by their favorite tsundere.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I know who this user is—he bitches about the same shit every time he makes a new account (his main one is permanently banned).
    wait whos the main