15+ Year Old Account

GPU: graphics & video clocks

Hi,

Im unsure what the video clock refer to.
    Watching (CPUID)HWMonitor it lists:
    Graphics
    Memory
    Video

clocks.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hi,

Graphics
    Memory
    Video

clocks.
    I have a feeling this may refer to the maximum number of screens a GPU can run. Last time I heard this referred to I was messing around with multi GPUs with my gtx275 and it only had two "clocks" iirc which only allows it to run two screens despite having, clearly, 3 outputs. This terminology was used to explain it, like 50% sure.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I would just ignore the Video clock as that isn't representing any values of importance as far as i understand. Only the core(graphics) clock and memory clock does. If you want to monitor those ingame i would suggest using MSI afterburner with rivatuner.

As for clocks, it's basically the "speed" at which you gpu is running at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelz View Post
    I would just ignore the Video clock as that isn't representing any values of importance as far as i understand. Only the core(graphics) clock and memory clock does. If you want to monitor those ingame i would suggest using MSI afterburner with rivatuner.

As for clocks, it's basically the "speed" at which you gpu is running at.
    I do thats what confuse me.
    My 2070 fonders ed. got 1410/1610 def/boost clock
    Afterburner curve ended up close to 200mhz
    HWMonitor video clock shows around 18xx mhz
    HWMonitor graphics clock shows 2025 mhz under max load.

So the video clock in HWMonitor is in line with what GPU-Z and Afterburner says should be the max clock.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    HWMonitor is not very good, use HWiNFO64 instead.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hi,

Graphics
    Memory
    Video

clocks.
    Video clock is the clocks that your card should be running at according to the manufactor specs. GPU clock or core clock is what the card is actually running at.

So video clock is not something you need to look at and thats why many programs don't even show it. Only thing that matters is core clock and mem clock.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    Okey, thank you all for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I have a feeling this may refer to the maximum number of screens a GPU can run. Last time I heard this referred to I was messing around with multi GPUs with my gtx275 and it only had two "clocks" iirc which only allows it to run two screens despite having, clearly, 3 outputs. This terminology was used to explain it, like 50% sure.
    Yes you're right. I just googled it.