Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm at 9 renown, several dungeons yesterday and today gave me zero renown, calling today didn't give renown, brilliant system Blizz...

The biggest annoyance is how unclear it is, i suppose RNG plays a part in it (Of course it does...), but beyond that, i haven't a clue how to get renown besides just doing more heroics or something.

Here's a funny thing. Right now I'm at 18 with my alt, with 2 weeklies to turn in, which still isnt enough to catch up at all.

However, at the start of the week I accepted a bunch of callings, 2 of which offered renown. After doing catch up with one of them, and getting 1 more renown from World Boss... the other calling had its renown reward "dissappear" from the reward list. And nothing I do seems to be helping me get the renown I need to catch up.

Renown is working in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    and did the two weekly guaranteed renown quests. I heard if you hand those in youre pretty much screwed. Is this it for me? Im sol at 16 til next week?
    You heard wrong.

Don't believe random bs posts on MMO-C. I also read the thread and saw that post. This isn't how it works. I do the weeklies as the first thing on my alts every week and keep getting renown for the rest of the week.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a hidden progressionbar
    Just keep doing things like PvP, WQ, Raids/Dungs and sometimes you will randomly loot Renown.
    Made a Monk and in 4-5 days im Renown 22.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Here's a funny thing. Right now I'm at 18 with my alt, with 2 weeklies to turn in, which still isnt enough to catch up at all.

However, at the start of the week I accepted a bunch of callings, 2 of which offered renown. After doing catch up with one of them, and getting 1 more renown from World Boss... the other calling had its renown reward "dissappear" from the reward list. And nothing I do seems to be helping me get the renown I need to catch up.

Renown is working in mysterious ways.
    Did you include the fixed renwon gains via covenant campain quests in your calculations?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I swapped 2 weeks ago. Went from 1 to 18 in less than 24 hours (there was a weekly reset between them though). Just spam Raid/Dungeon/BG.

To everyone thinking you cannot catch up to this weeks max renown (which is 24 this week):

It does NOT matter if you complete the weekly quests early.

If you leveled up through threads of fate and did not finish the zone quests, finish those. I had 3 of them open after being level 60. If you're not a max renown (of the week), each of them will grant a guaranteed point of renown.

I was able to get to 24 renown within 2 days of being lvl 60.

Tldr, if you think you are hard stuck, finish the zone quests because you are in fact not.

Quote Originally Posted by FaxiDerp View Post
    Well, I'm still renown 15, need 17 to continue campaign quest.

I've done 5 dungeons, around 30 arenas, 6 RBG's

I completed LFR which gave me 1 renown.

Also done both layer 8 wings in torghast.

And still no renown has dropped.

What now.

??
    did you do the dungeons on heroic, i have found normal dosen't give them, needs to be max level content

doubt he did them on normal when he also did LFR XD

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Did you include the fixed renwon gains via covenant campain quests in your calculations?
    Sure did. The thing that confused me was just the fact that renown reward for calling literally disappeared at some point, making me unable to gain renown from it, tho I was finally able to get one from a dungeon after a few runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm stuck with an alt at 21. No catch up renown has dropped from dungeons since two days ago.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'm stuck with an alt at 21. No catch up renown has dropped from dungeons since two days ago.
    Do you still have the zone quests (those fill the bar ones) from leveling with threads of fate? If your not fully caught up yet, they grant a guaranteed renown each.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Sure did. The thing that confused me was just the fact that renown reward for calling literally disappeared at some point, making me unable to gain renown from it, tho I was finally able to get one from a dungeon after a few runs.
    Really weird. I only had some disapear after I've reached the max-2_weekly-remaining_campaign limit, which kinda made sense, as I kept spamming dungeons (as I was on a run) until I exceeded the renwon I had stored via callings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Do you still have the zone quests (those fill the bar ones) from leveling with threads of fate? If your not fully caught up yet, they grant a guaranteed renown each.
    They do? That's the first time I've heard them mentioned.

Edit: If they do it's everything but garanteed. I just tried it with one of my alts that is currently trying to catch up (R10). As noted before, you can easily have a 5 times streak of getting renown from one source and therefore think it's guaranteed, but the reality is that for someone else this doesn't appear to be the case at all.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-17 at 12:22 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They do? That's the first time I've heard them mentioned.

Edit: If they do it's everything but garanteed. I just tried it with one of my alts that is currently trying to catch up (R10). As noted before, you can easily have a 5 times streak of getting renown from one source and therefore think it's guaranteed, but the reality is that for someone else this doesn't appear to be the case at all.
    The Thread of Fate quests for the 4 zones, not the Bonus Objectives in the zones. Each gives a weapon/offhand and then a second quest to go to Oribos and get 1 Renown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Already done those, sadly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Thread of Fate quests for the 4 zones, not the Bonus Objectives in the zones. Each gives a weapon/offhand and then a second quest to go to Oribos and get 1 Renown.
    Ah okay, that makes sense. All the "bonus objectives" are fill the bar as well, I was so desperate to find an actual souce that the actual quests skipped my mind (despite always doing them ).

Started Shadowlands last weekend, dinged, just did the campaign and a few heroic dungeons to see them at least and to mix things up.

1 week later I got 24/24 renown, just did the basic campaign and the weeklys.

Not sure what you guys are doing, the catch-up works pretty easy with just the minimal amount of time spend.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhoof View Post
    Apparently, the catch-up renown cap is set to the previous week's cap. So if you do you weeklies and before you catch up, catch-up renown will stop dropping once you hit last week's cap. Seems you have to catch-up to the cap, then do your current stuff for this week.
    My mage hit 60 at the start of this week. I'm currently stuck on 16. I have done 7 Mythic dungeons, two wings on the LFR raid, 4 layers of torghast(dunno if you can get renown from this), and 5 rated bgs.