Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    world revamp is not enough... world and game revamp it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    world revamp is not enough... world and game revamp it is.
    Yes I agree! Get rid of all the shitty endless AP grind systems and replace it with something more fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    Yes I agree! Get rid of all the shitty endless AP grind systems and replace it with something more fulfilling.
    bring the game to 2021 designs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see what you're saying, but thats a different story imo. I don't think they put any serious effort or resources into that project. If there is one thing all wow fans can agree on is that the art team of wow is doing a great job!
    that's incorrect, and that's the issue
    I'm afraid you really don't understand what the essence of wow (feel and color palette) is about, which really justify the need for preservation of what we currently have

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    that's incorrect, and that's the issue
    I'm afraid you really don't understand what the essence of wow (feel and color palette) is about, which really justify the need for preservation of what we currently have
    Emh... I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion. What is incorrect?

And yes I totally understand the essence of wow and the artstyle that goes with it. But that doesn't mean we need to have outdated graphics?

What are you on about?

Seems like most ppl is fine with 2004 graphics... which is... kinda weird.
    What 2004 graphics? Those in Classic? The rest has been gone for years outside of some transmog sets. A 2004 computer probably wouldn't even run the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What 2004 graphics? Those in Classic? The rest has been gone for years outside of some transmog sets. A 2004 computer probably wouldn't even run the game anymore.
    What do you mean exactly? Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor hasn't been updated unless you're talking about cataclysm? But I don't count that because that looks shit aswell.

Listen... Im talking about blizz making those continents brand new from scratch. But that prob won't happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Emh... I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion. What is incorrect?

And yes I totally understand the essence of wow and the artstyle that goes with it. But that doesn't mean we need to have outdated graphics?

What are you on about?
    it's incorrect that everyone agree that the art team is doing a great job. there has been concern of the artstyle of shadowland being "something else". also concerns about music, but those exist prior to shadowlands.
    I don't think we would agree on what is a good replacement. if you want azeroth to be replaced by bfa's arathi kind of artstyle, we really disagree, and we have very different tastes.
    and anyway, the current graphics needs to be preserved. wanting it replaced is terrible in my view. I like it personally and I don't want it lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it's incorrect that everyone agree that the art team is doing a great job. there has been concern of the artstyle of shadowland being "something else". also concerns about music, but those exist prior to shadowlands.
    I don't think we would agree on what is a good replacement. if you want azeroth to be replaced by bfa's arathi kind of artstyle, we really disagree, and we have very different tastes.
    and anyway, the current graphics needs to be preserved. wanting it replaced is terrible in my view. I like it personally and I don't want it lost.
    Ahh ok.. I see what you're saying. I think it would be hard to preserve the exact same style with today graphics. Well... I wouldn't mind if they did the same artstyle as Arathi or shadowlands. Would still be miles better than what we have today... So yeah we totally disagree on that. However I can agree on that they could change the art team and try something new. But the important thing to me is that it gets updated :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be much more a fan of them doing a few zones at a time as part of an xpac. Similar to how the Warfront zones were done, with new max level content, but make it an actual leveling zone in that xpac. For instance, having a max level Icecrown being part of this expansion as a patch zone with new quests and new content would be cool, and it would fit. If a Light vs Void expansion is coming, let's take an old zone that doesn't see a lot of use and Light bomb it or something at max level.

I think the big thing I would want is not for them to replace the zone entirely, as they did in Cata, but phase it via the Bronze dragon option. And not to use up the resources that should be going to an entirely new expansion experience to update leveling areas that are going to blown through or not played. Put those resources in new max level or at least expansion level content that will be there for the life of the expansion, or at the very least from that patch on.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the oddest threads I’ve seen in a while.

Why is a revamp needed? Seems to me the time walking leveling makes it easy for players to enjoy their favorite expansion content to level in, while new players get a coherent storyline. What’s there to revamp?

What do you mean exactly? Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor hasn't been updated unless you're talking about cataclysm? But I don't count that because that looks shit aswell.

Listen... Im talking about blizz making those continents brand new from scratch. But that prob won't happen
    No, i'm talking about the engine. It does not render things the same way it did in 2004, so nothing looks like 2004 anymore.

And dismissing changes because you don't like them doesn't count anyway. They already did effectively remake continents from scratch in Cata, it's one of the reasons they'll never do it again; the work simply isn't worth the results.

Huge world is no longer a selling point. Now, we have four zones and it's more than enough. What are we supposed to do with 2 full continents? Just level? That's a waste of development time.

What I wouldn't mind though is having Lordaeron or Quel'Thalas or Gilneas as a full continent for the whole expansion. Technically we would need a loading screen to get there and an old version would exist too but just imagine Quel'Thalas or Gilneas beauty in 2020 graphics.

Rather time spent building new zones than revamping old ones

I see there is a lot of people disagreeing with me. I guess what I really want is wow 2.0 :P

But yeah... that probably wont happen...

I think having the main two continents of the game being more relevant would be good. It's a shame new players can't really experience the main continents and are sent to others zones right away.

I'm personnally all for a revamp of the old world, if done right. I think any revamp should not be tied to a big event like the Cataclysm but focus more closely on the geopolitics of the world and threats from wild life and small factions. Of course having external threats like the Void or Elementals could still happen but be more dynamic, not being baked into the base world. It would allow the devs to have a canvas were they can make the story evolve without making it too much tied into one expansion, or one big event.

I also think the game was designed from the beginning with all those weird mountains between the zones and very strict biomes, and that could be improved. There is actually a lot of places in the main continents that could be reshaped to create new landscape for us to explore, for example all the space around Dun Morogh and above Inronforge, between the Hinterlands and the Plaguelands. They also removed landmasses with the Cataclysm that could be restored to make more room for new content, like above Stormwind or next to the Burning Steppes.

Story-wise, there is also a really big need for a new Night Elfs and Forsaken capital cities, and that could be included in this type of revamp. Overall, the importance of capital cities could also be improved. I understand why it's this way for the gameplay, but having to always go to Orgrimmar and Stormwind makes the world feel so much smaller. There is no reason that we can't have portals for easy travel between cities while we already have portal rooms to all continents.

Cities could also matter much more in the gameplay, even leveling. It was always strange to me that there was almost no questlines withing cities, interacting more with NPC, helping them, gathering stuff for them around the world. It's a really big missed opportunity in my opinion. This type of content could be relevant even at max level with balanced rewards, mostly cosmetics related to factions.

All of this could still keep some of the storylines and questlines introduced with the Cataclysm, but a lot of it is quite obsolete with a heavy focus on Garrosh and Sylvanas for the Horde. I think it's probably less of an issue for the Alliance centric zones.

I'm quite hopeful that this kind of revamp could reinvigorate the game in new and interesting ways, if they ever do it. It obvious it would take a huge amount of work.

Well it won't change all the shitty systems they imply, no. And im not sure how many active subs they got atm that are genuinely enjoying the game. But I can promise you a world revamp would do the game good. We can always hope they rethink all the bullshit they implemented so far, and make it more simple in many ways, but still pleasing the hardcore audience!

But yeah like I said... A world revamp is needed.
    Nobody cares for a world revamp. You must be a new player. The last world revamp took a LOT of resources from the endgame. They wasted all that time redoing the leveling process of which most could care less about.
    No, not another Cata. Make great NEW content. And SHadowlands is good so far.
    So no...I don't want them to waste another xpac redoing OLD content that people pay to skip. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Nobody cares for a world revamp. You must be a new player. The last world revamp took a LOT of resources from the endgame. They wasted all that time redoing the leveling process of which most could care less about.
    No, not another Cata. Make great NEW content. And SHadowlands is good so far.
    So no...I don't want them to waste another xpac redoing OLD content that people pay to skip. Thanks.
    Eheh... I’ve played since vanilla. But yeah im starting to realize that a wow2 would be better instead of redoing the old one.

Shadowlands is good? Revendreth looks really good! As for the game itself... not really :P
    Last edited by The Saar; 2021-01-17 at 02:32 PM.

I think it's what's going to happens next expac for a few reasons (a lot of datamined assets of revamped old building never used anywhere, the Arathi Bassin / Warsong Gulch update that was released out of nowhere, a lot of model updates that were nevere used or had one single use just to show them (hello Shadowlands' ram or Mor'ladim revamp)).

We also have a lot of clues in the recent cinematics where we can see "HD version" of some locations like Hyjal or Mulgore. They clearly have the assets and I highly doubt they've made them just for one cinematic.

I know most people are looking for something new when they buy an expansion, but think about it. We already have explored a lot of color schemes for environment already. And the old world would look totally different with a revamp. Just look at how arathi bassin and warsong gulch are now. They look totally different from what we had back in Vanilla.

Would also be a great opportunity to bring some of the new system to the old zones, and maybe make sure they stay relevant for ever. I mean, it's good sometimes to go back in old dungeon and having them updated to new system like timewalking or even Mythic + would be a great opportunity for Blizzard to create dungeon pool in seasons that would be added to the expansion content. Sometimes I look back some of the old dungeons like Arcway or Freehold, and I'm wondering how it would be with some of the new affixes. I mean, I'd kill just to see people get bumped against King's rest 3rd boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    As if world revamp would change anything.

Better make more zones, expand the universe, tell us more stories.

People would sit in X-pac City, visit X-pac locations, Do xpac instances, complete X-pac chores etc etc. The same would happen to revamped world. People would sit in Orgrimmar 2.0, visit BRD 2.0, and... thats all what you want?

WoW2 aka better visuals? Actually I dont know who would like that. If the game is cool and interesting... Super graphic/Simple graphic, it doesnt matter really.

Just keep the game interesting and cool
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon