Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    ...Assuming Terenas Menethil was correct when he said there must always be a Lich King, could it end up being Anduin making the sacrifice play for the good of Azeroth?...
    Not likely. Terenas was correct but the situation has changed since then. The Scourge ran free during the pre-patch and we pushed them back taking the fight to the source. After Shadowlands I suspect the Scourge will no longer be a lingering threat making the Lich King obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Maiev's whole purpose was to hunt down Illidan.

Tyrande's Night Warrior is more likely to bring a Priestess of the Moon to the game than being the next Lich King.

Garrosh was power hungry and a xenophobe. His destiny was to end up like his father Grommash. Do you spot the father-son dynamics in warcraft?

Sylvanas was the closest to any of them. We were convinced she was going to put on the helm of domination in the Shadowlands cinematic. Alas, her goals are to tear apart the whole Shadowlands realms system, while the Lich King's was to unite everything in death to fight external threats like the Legion.

Out of all of them, only Anduin resembles him physically, class-wise and attribute-wise.
    It just looks like it physically.
    Their stories and his personalities are nothing alike.

It's like saying that Naisha has a relationship with Tyrande because they were both riding a tiger in W3. Her models were similar.

How to say it. If Anduin were a woman or she had black hair, she and she would not have any parelerism.

Garrosh was power hungry and a xenophobe. His destiny was to end up like his father Grommash. Do you spot the father-son dynamics in warcraft?
    Wow, how wrong you are.

Garrosh wasn't power hungry, he just wanted the best for his people. Which was a safe place and meant a secured Kalimdor. Varian declared war, why can't Garrosh answer in return? Should he just bend over and let the Alliance take everything and make them starve? Like Thrall did?

And he wasn't xenophobic, he just values strength. That's why he respected Tauren and various other races but doesn't respect others like Blood Elves and Forsaken. Even Goblins, while not particulary strong, had their uses through technology. Garrosh could work with that. The only xenophobes were the Vol'jin fanboys that just hated Garrosh because of his politics.

Lastly, if Garrosh was meant to mimic Grom that's totally fine. But you're forgetting Grom sacrificed everything to free his people eventually, going out a hero. You're saying Garrosh is a hero as well?

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It just looks like it physically.
    Their stories and his personalities are nothing alike.

It's like saying that Naisha has a relationship with Tyrande because they were both riding a tiger in W3. Her models were similar.

How to say it. If Anduin were a woman or she had black hair, she and she would not have any parelerism.
    Good, blonde-haired light users. The depictions speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Wow, how wrong you are.

Garrosh wasn't power hungry, he just wanted the best for his people. Which was a safe place and meant a secured Kalimdor. Varian declared war, why can't Garrosh answer in return? Should he just bend over and let the Alliance take everything and make them starve? Like Thrall did?

And he wasn't xenophobic, he just values strength. That's why he respected Tauren and various other races but doesn't respect others like Blood Elves and Forsaken. Even Goblins, while not particulary strong, had their uses through technology. Garrosh could work with that. The only xenophobes were the Vol'jin fanboys that just hated Garrosh because of his politics.

Lastly, if Garrosh was meant to mimic Grom that's totally fine. But you're forgetting Grom sacrificed everything to free his people eventually, going out a hero. You're saying Garrosh is a hero as well?
    I see you're a Garrosh fan, as well.

Notice how he tried not to be like his father, hating him for falling to fel corruption and enslaving his people. Yet, in the end, he fell to a different source of power - void.

Notice how Wrathion tried to not be like his "father", Deathwing - hating him for giving in to the whispers and dooming his flight. Yet, in Ny'alotha he becomes corrupted.

Notice how Anduin tells Garrosh in War Crimes that he's nothing like Arthas, after Garrosh mentions their similarities. Now, it seems, they are walking the same path.

Good, blonde-haired light users. The depictions speak for themselves.
    Think about this.
    Maiev and the nightborne have white hair.

I see you're a Garrosh fan, as well.

Notice how he tried not to be like his father, hating him for falling to fel corruption and enslaving his people. Yet, in the end, he fell to a different source of power - void.

Notice how Wrathion tried to not be like his "father", Deathwing - hating him for giving in to the whispers and dooming his flight. Yet, in Ny'alotha he becomes corrupted.

Notice how Anduin tells Garrosh in War Crimes that he's nothing like Arthas, after Garrosh mentions their similarities. Now, it seems, they are walking the same path.
    Precisely in that scene Garrosh clarifies that he is like Arthas.
    And he really is the most similar character.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-01-20 at 03:12 PM.

Precisely in that scene Garrosh clarifies that he is like Arthas.
    And he really is the most similar character.
    Wait, i'm confused.
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Watch him become lightbound undead like Calia so they can marry and unify the kingdoms of Lordaeron and Stormwind and have healthy undead babies.

Ooor not, Sylvanas pussied out and let Anduin free , in 9.1 we'll have a dungeon where we have to escape from thorgast and the Jailer , slooowly advancing and closing thorgast gates which Sylvanas will destroy while we hold off the Jailer's forces . In the end he catches up and snaps Sylvanas's neck using a force choke.
    Wait a sec...
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Wait, i'm confused.
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
    I'm saying Anduin has nothing in common with Arthas.
    Only that blizzard tries to force us that they are very similar because Arthas sells.

What do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The problem with this is that it could actually mean many different things even though it might seem the enemy of all is death right now. It could indeed be referring to the army of light making a deal with the void which kind of already did happen between Alleria and Turalton as well. Anduin was kind of in the open with him when he was abducted, seems pretty convenient that Andy went was by no real protection when he was abducted.
    Yes, some options remain, but it is not a bargain between Void and Light. After all this prophecy comes from the Void, straight out of Ny'alotha. It wouldn't call itself the "enemy of all", in fact it tried to present itself in a positive light most of the time.
    Additionally in the "3 Sisters" comic this designation is used by Alleria's Void whispers to urge her to attack Sylvanas.

But you are right, it could mean many things. Calia for example is herself a being touched by Light and Death so her returning as undead could be the result of a bargain, Uther exists as somewhere between Death and Light with his soul literally split and wounded by Frostmourne.

I have no doubt that Death is the enemy of all, as this would be in line with the book we find in Revendreth which (probably) talks of a plot of Denathrius and the Jailer to destroy all other cosmic forces, as several of the Jailer's minions say: "The only thing remaining will be Death."

I'm saying Anduin has nothing in common with Arthas.
    Only that blizzard tries to force us that they are very similar because Arthas sells.

What do you say?
    I'm saying let's go with it

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why not? They basically did that for Kerrigan in Starcraft :/

EDIT:

I hope you're being sarcastic, because this is dumb. Arthas is a crown prince, and Tiffain a queen. There is zero chance they could have gotten together with no one noticing, not to mention the obvious fact that every scrap of lore never puts them together. Also, not sure if you've ever paid attention to life in general, but plenty of sons are different to their fathers, both in appearance and personality.
    100% serious. Have you read the lore? Have you seen the story play out? Because it doesn't sound like you have. Son's more often than not, look, sound, and act like their fathers. Unless there was some sort of trauma/incident to cause them to be estranged. But with Anduin and Varian, that was never the case. Their relationship was strained sure, but never to the point of total disconnect/hatred.

When Arthas first goes to Stormwind to be accepted into the Silver hand, the very first thing he does is goes and meets with Tiffin and Anduin before going to his ceremony. Varian seemed upset by how happy his wife and son looked while talking with Arthas, and Anduin playing with Arthas. Garrosh even mentions that Anduin looks more like Arthas in one of the novels than he does Varian, and then even tells Anduin to his face that he looks to be following the path of Arthas.

While it may not actually be real, there are enough snippets to make one think that it could be a possibility.

At least know the lore you're trying to speak about before you go off trying to be insulting.

Blizzard does this stupid crap by dropping one or two hits over the years, and then points back to it like see... we gave you hints. And wouldn't it be fitting, that the Lich King, Arthas, have his own son follow in his footsteps?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Ummm what? They invaded out of control in massive numbers when the helm broke and possibly created more. They literally massacred Lakeshire as seen in the Kyrian campaign.
    I dont have Shadowlands.

but if extinct Black or Twilight Dragonflight can be brought back out of nowhere. its quit possible that scourge never ends.
    p.s. Scarlet Crusade technically was wiped out several times already.

Scourge must be fewer in numbers and out of control, aka without brains and planning. simpli wild undead that remain around Azeroth.

but they are not. gameplay > lore

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daianapotter View Post
    I really hope that not. hope that tyrande appear and decapitate her, anything. I dont want that baby boy turn evil =(
    How DARE you!

Do you know how much Tyrande has done for the good of Azeroth?! Heathen! Heretic!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    I dont have Shadowlands.

but if extinct Black or Twilight Dragonflight can be brought back out of nowhere. its quit possible that scourge never ends.
    p.s. Scarlet Crusade technically was wiped out several times already.

Scourge must be fewer in numbers and out of control, aka without brains and planning. simpli wild undead that remain around Azeroth.

but they are not. gameplay > lore
    Scarlet Crusade is an idea/insanity so it can always come back as long as there are undead so it's a bit different than specific.

The Scourge are NOT fewer in numbers as people were convinced they weren't a problem as LK was dead to them. The whole reason he had to be there was there were more than possible of winning if they were unleashed being mindless. Arthas was prepping for a massive invasion from outside sources be it Legion or Void. His intent was to have the whole world united as the Scourge under him(that might have changed since SL though). People stopped caring, but the Cult of the Damned still existed and had ways to create more much less who knows what exactly Bolvar was doing if you've done any DK quests from Legion time frame.

The fact of the matter is not only were the Scourge still a problem, but it's been displayed but in the prepatch and in actual SL lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yes, some options remain, but it is not a bargain between Void and Light. After all this prophecy comes from the Void, straight out of Ny'alotha. It wouldn't call itself the "enemy of all", in fact it tried to present itself in a positive light most of the time.
    Additionally in the "3 Sisters" comic this designation is used by Alleria's Void whispers to urge her to attack Sylvanas.

But you are right, it could mean many things. Calia for example is herself a being touched by Light and Death so her returning as undead could be the result of a bargain, Uther exists as somewhere between Death and Light with his soul literally split and wounded by Frostmourne.

I have no doubt that Death is the enemy of all, as this would be in line with the book we find in Revendreth which (probably) talks of a plot of Denathrius and the Jailer to destroy all other cosmic forces, as several of the Jailer's minions say: "The only thing remaining will be Death."
    And as usual it must be stated that it's canon that for every truth the void tells you, it also tells many many lies and typically the truth is twisted to be true from a certain point of view. The Alleria Turalyon audio thingie basically says everything you want to sit and think about whatever any void npc/boss says can virtually be discarded so stop trying to interpret it. Much less also as usual boss quotes shouldn't be considered canon as many bosses have said they were unbeatable and yet they lie dead at our feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Never seen a more incompetent villain than the Jailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4epE...el=CaptainGrim

Pretty much the first 20 seconds exactly.

And now that is the only way I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    And as usual it must be stated that it's canon that for every truth the void tells you, it also tells many many lies and typically the truth is twisted to be true from a certain point of view. The Alleria Turalyon audio thingie basically says everything you want to sit and think about whatever any void npc/boss says can virtually be discarded so stop trying to interpret it. Much less also as usual boss quotes shouldn't be considered canon as many bosses have said they were unbeatable and yet they lie dead at our feet.
    Actually, the Void never lies directly. The canon lore (the latest in the mentioned book from Revendreth) states that the Void sees infinite truths and it is unable to disscern which of them is the real one if indeed there is one. And in hindsight, most of Il'gynoth prophecies have come to pass sooner or later. The Void is obsessed with these infinite possibilities (so much so that it does not notice the lies the Dreadlords have fed them) and they do not lie because they psychologically can't. If you see only different truths, you can only speak "truth", a lie is impossible.
    It's cosmic opposite, the Light, is different in that it can see only ONE truth, with no compromise, no differentiation, as Illidian had to learn. Its "truth" MUST be realized, there is no other way and whoever is in it's way will be turned or destroyed.

Neither of these two cosmic forces can be 100% trusted, since they have their own agenda, but neither is "evil" as we would understand it. I am sure N'zoth was completely honest about wanting to help us against the Jailer because he has likely seen a future where we (probably void corrupted) were fighting against him together.
    Shadowlands might even end with a setup for just this. The Jailer wins and reality is close to collapsing. In the next expansion we will have to unite the cosmic forces (or what is left of them) and use their combined power against the Jailer to restore balance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not the Lich King, but the Jailer will definitely want to make him a servant. I'm thinking he'll be made more like a "Light King" and have a Lightmourne sword and a new helmet. He'll still wield the Light but be controlled by the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    Maybe not the Lich King, but the Jailer will definitely want to make him a servant. I'm thinking he'll be made more like a "Light King" and have a Lightmourne sword and a new helmet. He'll still wield the Light but be controlled by the Jailer.
    The blade forged in the cinematic doesn't look like a lightmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no need for a lich king. Why would he waste Anduin on something that's... Wasted.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There's no need for a lich king. Why would he waste Anduin on something that's... Wasted.
    Because the Lich King was his instrument.