Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Can't Do PVP because I might get blacklisted on the realm

This has to stop.

This is my 2nd attempt to get rank 10, because my first attempt was distrubed by PVP REALM SPECIFIC DISCORD "Community" telliing me that I need to agree on a weekly cap so that different nabs will get their 14 rank ASAP or else get Blacklisted on the realm.

I am aiming to no life it till I get my rank 10 ASAP. The specific date that the discord gave me will make things longer.

You don't own the game, and I will personally report those who harrass me.

You don't like the grind and hate competition? Imma go 100k honor a day to get you more mad.

/rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    This has to stop.

This is my 2nd attempt to get rank 10, because my first attempt was distrubed by PVP REALM SPECIFIC DISCORD "Community" telliing me that I need to agree on a weekly cap so that different nabs will get their 14 rank ASAP or else get Blacklisted on the realm.

I am aiming to no life it till I get my rank 10 ASAP. The specific date that the discord gave me will make things longer.

You don't like the grind and hate competition? Imma go 100k honor a day to get you more mad.

/rant over.
    Firstly, shouldn't you post your righteous outrage on that discord you mention? I mean who from there is going to know that you express your outrage here?

And secondly, isn't that just an expression of that highly praised true and real "community" in Classic/Vanilla WoW where your reputation and ability to make friends mattered on your server?
    Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Firstly, shouldn't you post your righteous outrage on that discord you mention? I mean who from there is going to know that you express your outrage here?

And secondly, isn't that just an expression of that highly praised true and real "community" in Classic/Vanilla WoW where your reputation and ability to make friends mattered on your server?
    100% guaranteed the discord had someone message him like "Hey, we've got a community together who're aiming to get as many people get rank 14 asap, could you slow down your grind so it doesn't mess our stuff up, we're happy to help you get your ranks asap as well", and this dude just flipped his shit at the AUDACITY of people nicely asking him to help them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    100% guaranteed the discord had someone message him like "Hey, we've got a community together who're aiming to get as many people get rank 14 asap, could you slow down your grind so it doesn't mess our stuff up, we're happy to help you get your ranks asap as well"
    That's not how it should work, it should be whomever follows the rules of the game and performs, not who kisses a groups ass and sings kumbaya with them or waits in line like a brainless loser. I knew someone irl that that earned GM during real classic and he didn't kiss anyones ass, he simply no-lifed it and outdid everyone else.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Play all you want, and fuck up their rankings.

Just pvp if you want to pvp,the people "running" the brackets are just assholes.Ignore them and keep on playing.What does it matter if they ignore you

100% guaranteed the discord had someone message him like "Hey, we've got a community together who're aiming to get as many people get rank 14 asap, could you slow down your grind so it doesn't mess our stuff up, we're happy to help you get your ranks asap as well", and this dude just flipped his shit at the AUDACITY of people nicely asking him to help them out.
    Grand ideals completly undermined by blackmailing. They can do it if they want. But threatening someone to be essentially blacklisted on a realm because he wants to play like HE wants which is his right... i would make screenshots of everything and report them. All of them. Hope they get banned. Shitheads.

Funny thing about this is these situations are usually run by peiple that do not realize that you can actually have more than one rank 14 on your faction per week. I saw it plenty of times in vanilla. I'd say forget them and just pvp. Its likely they are running premades to do it but you really dont need a premade to get to rank 14.

Also bet people are paying them to get them rank 14. If soneone gets it that didnt oay them then they would lose the ability to say that you cant get tank 14 without them.
    Last edited by Dimad; 2021-01-22 at 01:24 PM.

100% guaranteed it was nowhere near that friendly

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a serious thread... ?

It can't be.

A few things to consider:

1.By "no lifing" it to Rank 10, you make it harder for anyone else that actually wants to go for R14, even R10 takes like 6 weeks to achieve despite making it into Bracket #1 every week.
    So, you actually prolong their grind, meaning that their outrage towards you isn't completely unjustified, whether that warrants "blacklisting" people is another story.

Going for Bracket #2 or #3 adds maybe a week or two to your grind, without actually fucking people over that are sitting on R13 right now.

2. Poolsizes in Classic are now extremely low, as a server needs at least 300 characters to produce a single Bracket #1 slot, in order to actually advance towards R14, people need that slot, else they are never going to make it.
    A lot of people that are ranking have now resorted to poolboosting, create 1lvl characters, get 15HK's on them, delete them, rinse and repeat to increase the poolsize.
    Some even pay bots to do it for them.

This is obviously mostly done by people aiming for the higher ranks, which makes it naturally easier for anyone else to rank (as brackets overall increase as well).

So, if those guys aren't poolboosting, you basically fuck them over hard because there will be hardly any bracketslots left on your server and prolong their grind significantly (or make it much harder as they have to now outfarm you), if they are poolboosting (and you don't participate), you benefit from their work and repay them by fucking them over.

If you want to get to R10 ASAP, that's your choice, but don't act like you're "in the right" somehow, simply going for Bracket #1 despite not needing it for what you want to achieve puts a huge load onto the shoulders that want to go for it, those people will obviously respond in a not to friendly fashion.

Keep in mind however that premades will easily beat you in terms of honor/h, they make more honor in a few hours than a "solo queuer" does on a single day.

They don't pay your sub, they don't get to decide how you play the game. Do whatever the hell you want, if they try something just report them and they'll get banned.

Why would you care about their blacklist? Am I missing something? It's not like you want to play with these people anyway.

I would do exactly what you want to do. Grind the shit outta it to make it harder for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

If you want to get to R10 ASAP, that's your choice, but don't act like you're "in the right" somehow, simply going for Bracket #1 despite not needing it for what you want to achieve puts a huge load onto the shoulders that want to go for it, those people will obviously respond in a not to friendly fashion.

Yeah.. thing is, he is in the right. If he wants to PvP all fucking day thats absolutely fine.
    He is not bound to some artificial agreement by people who want to get to r14 the "efficient" way.
    If you want to be the High Warlord, feel free to no-life it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post

Turns out that people, true to their human nature/brains, forgot the downside of said community functions. :P

That being said, if the discord is threatening people, fuck 'em. But if they're asking nicely, he'll just have to choose whether he cares about being blacklisted for playing as he wants. Like, can Blizzard action the players for what they say on a Discord server?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-23 at 03:52 PM.

Just play as much as you can and like. It's their problem not yours. You did not join their r14 group and have no obligations towards them.
    I doubt guilds that aren't pvp care about this shit and the ones that so .. you don't care about them.
    If somehow it happens that the whole server hates you which I doubt, you can always show them the finger and transfer.
    Also classic is pretty much done at this point and either way no group of tryhards should dictate how you play.
    I remember the same shit for aq where there was this group of people waiting out to get as many scarab lords as possible and a guild did not care for it ... here we are now no one cares or even remembers.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-01-23 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Yeah.. thing is, he is in the right. If he wants to PvP all fucking day thats absolutely fine.
    He is not bound to some artificial agreement by people who want to get to r14 the "efficient" way.
    If you want to be the High Warlord, feel free to no-life it.
    I addressed it already: He can do it, but the point is, he makes it harder for other people, those will naturally respond in some fashion.

Don't be surprised that when you make things harder on other people for your own convenience that they might act hostile towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    This has to stop.

/rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Why would you care about their blacklist? Am I missing something? It's not like you want to play with these people anyway.

I would do exactly what you want to do. Grind the shit outta it to make it harder for them.
    Blacklisting can amount to more than just people not grouping with you. A motivated community can certainly sabotage your efforts.

Tell them to sit and twirl, you're not there to play the game for them.