Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    gotta say...i'm not very happy atm. was expecting hu tao. o well, time to get more primogems i guess.

I'm kind of confused though. They showed the staff of homa in the pv and that's 100% hu tao's weapon. They gunna do ninja hu tao reveal later?
    It makes no sense there would only be 1 character in the event. It's also very early for banner re-runs. I think they are saving the reveal.

Also there's 1 more thing, if only Xiao used the new ascension material from the new bosses, that would exclude a big portion of the players from a chunk of content, since there would be no reason for them to do the new bosses. But between Xiao and Hu Tao, I'd say there's a good chance most of the players will be rolling for either one.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2021-01-22 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    New codes:

jsSK8n23jzR
    dU2mhjQL1ZT
    nBEm3myAL2b

Get them while they're hot

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It makes no sense there would only be 1 character in the event. It's also very early for banner re-runs. I think they are saving the reveal.

Also there's 1 more thing, if only Xiao used the new ascension material from the new bosses, that would exclude a big portion of the players from a chunk of content, since there would be no reason for them to do the new bosses. But between Xiao and Hu Tao, I'd say there's a good chance most of the players will be rolling for either one.
    Well technically Keqing isn't a banner re-run. I just noticed though, the keqing banner would be 2 weeks after xiao when all others have been 3 week cycle. I think hu tao reveal may be later now that I think about all these things, including what you just wrote about the ascension material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, there's new adventures in 1.3 where you can send your characters go get mats and Primogems

- - - Updated - - -

Oop, forgot a code:

153YuSaenh

- - - Updated - - -

Also Barbara Vtuber confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Well technically Keqing isn't a banner re-run. I just noticed though, the keqing banner would be 2 weeks after xiao when all others have been 3 week cycle. I think hu tao reveal may be later now that I think about all these things, including what you just wrote about the ascension material.
    they have to rerun zhongli because after the changes he is becoming functionally a new character, and all those that skipped him based on community reviews are being shafted.

Zhongli is 100 percent getting a rerun, I am pretty surprised about Keqing though. Makes me wonder if the other 5 stars will be getting banners at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    New codes:

jsSK8n23jzR
    dU2mhjQL1ZT
    nBEm3myAL2b

Get them while they're hot
    YEY ... 2 weapons

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Converter for items seems to be pretty interesting. Maybe i will be able to get rid of magical crystal chunks and mint.

I'm sorry, but I find this Barbara video incredibly cute.

@Belize @Yunru
    Thanks for always posting the codes btw.

What's this about the Keqing banner? Did they announce something? Ingame? Developer note or something?
    Dev Stream?

If a Keqing banner is comming, I'm going to spent some money most likely.
    Really like her playstyle and she is great alongside my strongest characters (of which she is already a part of).

But C1 and even C2 Keqing? Hell yeah. I'm taking constellations for 5* characters over new 5* characters any time now since I can't fit in more anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I find this Barbara video incredibly cute.

@Belize @Yunru
    Thanks for always posting the codes btw.

What's this about the Keqing banner? Did they announce something? Ingame? Developer note or something?
    Dev Stream?

If a Keqing banner is comming, I'm going to spent some money most likely.
    Really like her playstyle and she is great alongside my strongest characters (of which she is already a part of).

But C1 and even C2 Keqing? Hell yeah. I'm taking constellations for 5* characters over new 5* characters any time now since I can't fit in more anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good news with no Hu Tao banner is that I have 2 banners to save for her.

Xiao looks lame and already have a Keqing. She's alright, but not my favorite enough to want constellations.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh most hype thing for 1.3 is they're release the music from the character PVs as standalone songs, so we can all rock out to Ganyu's sweet ass Liyue theme remix

15+ Year Old Account
    Id just like them to stop adding characters for awhile

Theyre adding a tower defense game? hnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-01-22 at 04:27 PM.

Them doing character reruns of people that are supposed to be exclusive is also shafting those players that rolled for the character with the thought of FOMO, though. Now that they've proven fomo isn't actually a thing and they'll just re-release characters whenever they see fit, I feel their sales will probably drop. "Well, I know they'll probably get a rerun eventually, so I don't really mind if I miss this character for a year since I don't really like them that much anyways."

Also, what about people that whale because they want to be that exclusive person? Now they're fucking with the rarity and specialness that person P2W'd for. Not that I like P2W, but I feel like they're fucking themselves a little since it seems like their primary audience is whales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Them doing character reruns of people that are supposed to be exclusive is also shafting those players that rolled for the character with the thought of FOMO, though. Now that they've proven fomo isn't actually a thing and they'll just re-release characters whenever they see fit, I feel their sales will probably drop. "Well, I know they'll probably get a rerun eventually, so I don't really mind if I miss this character for a year since I don't really like them that much anyways."

Also, what about people that whale because they want to be that exclusive person? Now they're fucking with the rarity and specialness that person P2W'd for. Not that I like P2W, but I feel like they're fucking themselves a little since it seems like their primary audience is whales.
    Every gatcha does character re-runs. What i find funny is that we are getting Keqing banner and whales probaly maxed her. If i dont roll Ganyu C1 i will have something to look for (i have to much swords).

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Id just like them to stop adding characters for awhile

Theyre adding a tower defense game? hnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    I love me some tower defense. Well good ones anyways.

that "exlcusiveness" is just in your head, it was never a thing.
    Banners were never meant to be one time things, at least they never said that and all gacha games do this, so it's not even a suprise they rerun characters.
    And it takes probably more than half a year before a character is up again.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-22 at 07:33 PM.

Reruns were obviously going to happen. They don't affect the feeling of exclusivity (if we assume that's what whales are aiming for) either way, strictly F2P players will be getting C6 after years of saving primos for their favourite characters, long after whales forgot those characters even exist. I assume high constellations is what you mean by P2W, because you certainly can't mean that just having all the characters is P2W.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Every gatcha does character re-runs.
    Do most of those games advertise or insinuate the characters are only available in this one-time event?

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I assume high constellations is what you mean by P2W,
    Correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Banners were never meant to be one time things, at least they never said that
    I suppose they never do explicitly say "one time event" and just "limited time event", which doesn't strictly mean "singular" but heavily implies it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do most of those games advertise or insinuate the characters are only available in this one-time event?
    If you thought they were literally never going to rerun character banners, that's on you, not Mihoyo.

I'm not going to defend their prices, but anyone that thought these would be one time events is ignorant beyond belief. The "limited time" tag is just a timeframe for this current banner, not forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If you thought they were literally never going to rerun character banners, that's on you, not Mihoyo.
    They could say something more direct to state it one way or another. "Limited time recurring event" or whatever. Anything to definitively indicate characters will or will not be returning, but that would hurt their bottom line and give people peace if they knew they weren't ACTUALLY missing out.

I absolutely assume mihoyo would do something as scummy as making characters actually one-time acquisition exclusive to drive sales.