Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't know about it setting a new standard, no.

MoP was a standard-setter (which they strayed from in WoD and returned to in Legion), BfA was a cautionary tale in going too far, SL is... Well, I'm OK with it so far, it's better than BfA at the same point of its life, but not as good as previous examples set. Future patch content will be critical.

Also, fuck the maw. I'm ignoring the shit out of it from now until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Hahahahaha story was better in BfA. I found the usual guy that has sh*t tastes in stories in Mediums in General. Bet you also liked Twilight.

- - - Updated - - -

Altaholics like that deserve to suffer, this is what you get for constantly going through your old content for the Umpteen time.
    Your comment is just....so ridiculously off-base. Making all the transmog locked unless you push through the content on 16 characters punished people who AREN'T altaholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Lol, so what do you suggest someone who doesn't raid, doesn't do m+-e nor PvP should do? Max out reps? Then? Rewards cost anima. Finish the campaign? Great! Done! Then?
    do whatever you want? the gated content like the ember court isnt necessary to progress....really if you're not interested in raids, m+ and pvp and finish all four covenant campaigns and max rep...I would consider playing a different game tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I don't know about it setting a new standard, no.

MoP was a standard-setter (which they strayed from in WoD and returned to in Legion), BfA was a cautionary tale in going too far, SL is... Well, I'm OK with it so far, it's better than BfA at the same point of its life, but not as good as previous examples set. Future patch content will be critical.

Also, fuck the maw. I'm ignoring the shit out of it from now until the end of time.
    Tying a mount to layer 8 of twisting corridors is shit imho...they need to redo where that mount drops from...cause TC isn't fun in the slightest...I'll wait til i can just walk through it w/o issue due to overgearing it than waste time doing it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i agree with most that maw is t-rex shit that looks interesting on paper.

we have pvp vendors tho so my '' fuck this expansion '' button is not functioning.

unlike many, i am an avid fan of maldraxxus and the undying army. i main a hunter so this alone tells how much i care about the game actually

running m+ is unrewarding. i fail to find a reason to run more than 1.

pvp and especially arena is extremely fast paced so no more turtling until dampening hits the shelves.

i am confused. i really can'T tell if i like this expansion or not. i guess i am exactly 50% - 50%
    I'm on that boat...should with m+ i still do 4 on tuesdays then don't bother...once my guild takes down denathrius heroic I will probably go with one a week...since this aint fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    do whatever you want? the gated content like the ember court isnt necessary to progress....really if you're not interested in raids, m+ and pvp and finish all four covenant campaigns and max rep...I would consider playing a different game tbh.
    Read back your original comment to the anima problem someone mathed out.

Ran every mythic in 1 go...got 1 drop and 4 traded items...Started doing m+ on a TW week....Again..no drops, but a chest piece from the TW chest..then from Vault 3 other chest pieces...And I gave up immediately on mythic+ and vault...(I am not raiding anymore)
    The WQs are poorly designed/coded and filled with bugs (sometimes lethal bugs, like the falling WQ in Bastion north where you can simply falling through the flower thingies...)
    Anima coming slowly...I got every major rep exalted, got the Maw mount from TC, got every Leg recipes (except the raid endboss drop)..For me the expansion is done more or less....This was easily the most unrewarding, boring,bugged and pathetic expansion start (so far) which is impressive as the standard was not too high...
    The balance between classes, covenants (and covenant abilities, followers, etc) and even areas is extremely poor as well (Bastion is a pain in the ass compared to Ardenweald for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The new standard is
    "no more dampening PvP"
    "no more endless farms and chores"
    "no more RNG in gear and legendaries"

The whole expansion just feels...right (in concept, with just a few "bugs" on the system)

Now it just needs a bit of "spice" in my opinion.
    This spice cant become a chore to do weekly...so...it needs to either be a "pure fun mechanic" or a "pure cosmetic activity"

Blizzard already added one "spice"...but they decided to go with "Torghast with cosmetics" (-__-) bleh

What would you add to this expansion to spice up the system?

EDIT:
    I would add a MOST WANTED leaderboard system to Warmode (UwU) toxic system, as it should be
    Current expansion feels very boring and unrewarding. Classes I tried feel kinda good to play compared to BfA, but overall I am no really happy with the expansion. There is just nothing worthwhile to do.

not mentioned in this thread is that the raid mog set is extremely ugly. an excellent set of mogs there can drive people to keep raiding to complete the set. but this tier looks really bad, possibly the worst ever. that makes it a lot easier to unsub.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Your comment is just....so ridiculously off-base. Making all the transmog locked unless you push through the content on 16 characters punished people who AREN'T altaholics.
    Yet i don't no life it like you do with your 16 characters. Stay mad, it's your fault for being a massive altaholic your mad over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This is the worst expansion I have ever played . Not rewarding, not fun, not entertaining. Torghast is not fun or rewarding . The maw is hot garbage.
    This.

I thought BFA and WOD were bad, but those were heaven compared to the compilation of jokes of systems and rewards we've got in Shadowlands..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not completed the main story yet but it's so boring.

worst expansion ever.. always same thing.

move from A to B.. do 2-3 quest, move from B to C, do 2-3 quests, move from C to D, do 2-3 quests.

Not getting any loot whatsoever should most certainly not be the new standard. Go play Classic if that is what you want.
    Tanks having to kite for 15s unless they're heavily overgearing the content should not be the new standard.
    Something as boring, mundane and half-baked as Torghast being required to get your legendaries should not be the new standard.
    The endless chore farm that is Maw - a zone that has the audacity to even remove ground mounts - should not be the new standard.
    World Quests taking 3 times as long as their Legion counterparts while becoming entirely obsolete 1 hour after you've hit cap should not be the new standard.
    The best gear in this game either being a weekly freebie you get for doing whatever content you don't even fucking want to do should not be the new standard.
    Basically every cosmetic option being locked behind a resource that you can realistically only get from doing 3 hours of WQ or PvP every day should not be the new standard.
    M+ becoming more and more about challenging the handful of MDI teams and catering to the whatever many MDI viewers while completely fucking over everyone else should not be the new standard.
    'Alt friendliness' being equated to quickly catching up with the story while still eternally being behind in terms of ilvls, legs, gems and conduits should not be the new standard.
    The main story being timegated behind sets of 10 random ass 'go there kill 10 mobs, pick up 3 things, save 5 guys and then do that 3 times over and then kill that one main bad guy, come back next week to do the same thing again' quests should not be the new standard.

This expansion some fucking how managed to be even worse than BFA for me. I can absolutely not understand how they keep taking everything Legion's introduced and just continuously making it worse in every conceivable aspect. That is just beyond me.

I'd much rather have WoD back where I could be done with a character in a week and have absolutely nothing left that needed to be done. At least that gave me time to grind up 20 fresh alts per year and do it all over again. Nope, can't have that anymore, endless farming, endless grind, countless systems that you'll never be able to catch up with if you haven't been doing them daily since week one, no gear, no nothing, just more and more hoops to jump through, more and more requirements that absolutely nobody has ever asked for. Can't fucking wait for a WoD Classic server... just like I can't fucking wait for Shadowlands to be over. I don't want anything from this expansion to be taken over to the next one - because if there's one thing you can always count on then it's that Blizzard will always find a way to make something worse because they just never ever fucking care about anything but making more money - and you simply don't make more money by delivering a polished product instead of a random garbage treadmill simulator.
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2021-01-24 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Not getting any loot whatsoever should most certainly not be the new standard. Go play Classic if that is what you want.
    Tanks having to kite for 15s unless they're heavily overgearing the content should not be the new standard.
    Something as boring, mundane and half-baked as Torghast being required to get your legendaries should not be the new standard.
    The endless chore farm that is Maw - a zone that has the audacity to even remove ground mounts - should not be the new standard.
    World Quests taking 3 times as long as their Legion counter parts while becoming entirely obsolete 1 hour after you've hit cap should not be the new standard.
    The best gear in this game either being a weekly freebie you get for doing whatever content you don't even fucking want to do should not be the new standard.
    Basically every cosmetic option being locked behind a resource that you can realistically only get from doing 3 hours of WQ or PvP every day should not be the new standard.
    M+ becoming more and more about challenging the handful of MDI times and catering to the whatever many MDI viewers while completely fucking over everyone else should not be the new standard.
    'Alt friendliness' being equated to quickly catching up with the story while still eternally being behind in terms of ilvls, legs, gems and conduits should not be the new standard.
    The main story being timegated behind sets of 10 random ass 'go there kill 10 mobs, pick up 3 things, save 5 guys and then do that 3 times over and then kill that one main bad guy, come back next week to do the same thing again' quests should not be the new standard.

This expansion some fucking how managed to be even worse than BFA for me. I can absolutely not understand how they keep taking everything Legion's introduced and just continuously making it worse in every conceivable aspect. That is just beyond me.

I'd much rather have WoD back where I could be done with a character in a week and have absolutely nothing left that needed to be done. At least that gave me time to grind up 20 fresh alts per year and do it all over again. Nope, can't have that anymore, endless farming, endless grind, countless systems that you'll never be able to catch up with if you haven't been doing them daily since week one, no gear, no nothing, just more and more hoops to jump through, more and more requirements that absolutely nobody has ever asked for. Can't fucking wait for a WoD Classic server... just like I can't fucking wait for Shadowlands to be over. I don't want anything from this expansion to be taken over to the next one - because if there's one thing you can always count on than it's that Blizzard will always find a way to make something worse because they just never ever fucking care about anything but making more money - and you simply don't make more money by delivering a polished product instead of a random garbage treadmill simulator.
    How Ion keeps his job after this clusterfuck is beyond me
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    World Quests taking 3 times as long as their Legion counter parts while becoming entirely obsolete 1 hour after you've hit cap should not be the new standard.
    M+ becoming more and more about challenging the handful of MDI times and catering to the whatever many MDI viewers while completely fucking over everyone else should not be the new standard.

I'd much rather have WoD back where I could be done with a character in a week and have absolutely nothing left that needed to be done. At least that gave me time to grind up 20 fresh alts per year and do it all over again. Nope, can't have that anymore, endless farming, endless grind, countless systems that you'll never be able to catch up with if you haven't been doing them daily since week one, no gear, no nothing, just more and more hoops to jump through, more and more requirements that absolutely nobody has ever asked for. Can't fucking wait for a WoD Classic server... just like I can't fucking wait for Shadowlands to be over. I don't want anything from this expansion to be taken over to the next one - because if there's one thing you can always count on than it's that Blizzard will always find a way to make something worse because they just never ever fucking care about anything but making more money - and you simply don't make more money by delivering a polished product instead of a random garbage treadmill simulator.
    Agree with most of this, the whole timegating the story quests and the story quests themselves are so fucking bad and boring, not creative, not fun. At least FFXIV cares about their story quests, go play through those, waaaay, way more involved.

Edit: Also like to add, whos fucking idea was it to make M+ even worse? Having every mob do something that you have to cc doesn't make it more fun, what happened to fun? The MDI really has made dungeons worse, I enjoyed running high keys in legion, disliked BFA but now hate SL dungeons.
    Last edited by Very rare pepe; 2021-01-24 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Yet i don't no life it like you do with your 16 characters. Stay mad, it's your fault for being a massive altaholic your mad over this.
    So in other words, you really don't have anything of substance to add. Once again, this expansion PUNISHES people for not being altoholics. I'm mad because I'm NOT an altoholic. And as a result, there's a massive pile of transmog I'll just never have access to. Try actually reading what I'm saying next time.

This expansion is not very good, this expansion is more of the same which doesn't make the expansion bad nor good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    1. ash - you run 2 or 3 wings of thorgast and have enough ash for legendary, so no grind
    2. anima - except the single "special" covenant building (where you will be stuck on souls anyway and rewards are shared accros covenants so n need to have it on other chars) there is NO CONTENT locked behind anima, just cosmetics, so sure, it is grind, but completely VOLUNTARY
    3. conduits - you dont have to grind maw for them, you can get them drop in other content, ALL OF THEM
    3,5. sockets - yeah im sure you totaly need extra 50 secondary stat on your alt...

so from 3 "grinds" one is not grind at all, one is completely optional, and one makes extremely marginal difference...

not saying the expansion is good or bad, but saying its alt unfriendly due to grinds is straight up lying

Nobody gonna stay at 190 legendary. You gonna max this which means a lot more runs. And youre again dishonest stating numbers for a single char. Alts means doing it 3x for 3 chars which turns tolerable on first char to fuck this shit im out on 3rd.
    Is your faction not content? Why is it okay to skip a major point of the expac? And its special nonsense to nolive a grind just to unlock gimmicks. They can have people nolive the dailie shit for their mau metric without locking people out of half the faction content they made.
    Conduits drop at lower itemlvl everywhere. Maw sells 226.

And honestly wtf is that you dont need to minmax shit? Sure you dont. Skip gearing too and stop playing while at it. Fact is you could max out alts easier before. Now you simply dont.

Expansion is actually better then the past 2,

Sadly torghast and the maw are pretty damn bad, and it will last for the entire expansion, i hope they got some new shit for it tho.

Covenant changing should be diffrent, but other then that i got nothing to complain

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Nobody gonna stay at 190 legendary. You gonna max this which means a lot more runs. And youre again dishonest stating numbers for a single char. Alts means doing it 3x for 3 chars which turns tolerable on first char to fuck this shit im out on 3rd.
    legendary "ability" is the same, so its only stats that MARGINALY increase, for alts that is pretty useless increase (unless you want to run peak content on your alt too in which case its basicaly another main and you SHOULD put in the work to be competitive)

- - - Updated - - -

Is your faction not content? Why is it okay to skip a major point of the expac? And its special nonsense to nolive a grind just to unlock gimmicks. They can have people nolive the dailie shit for their mau metric without locking people out of half the faction content they made.
    same content, different aesthetics, so pointless on alts (apart from "feature" building as i mentioned before)

- - - Updated - - -

Conduits drop at lower itemlvl everywhere. Maw sells 226.
    you will not get 226 conduit from maw unless ALL your conduits are 213 or higher
    + its random low level conduit, not even spec based, so hunting your best conduit in specific place where it drops is still MUCH MUCH better

- - - Updated - - -

And honestly wtf is that you dont need to minmax shit? Sure you dont. Skip gearing too and stop playing while at it. Fact is you could max out alts easier before. Now you simply dont.
    if you want all your chars minmaxed and runing M+20 or mythic raid fine, but you shouldnt get it without work, for alts (that are usualy a pastime if you dont want to play main atm) ppl generaly run "lower" content, for which minmaxing makes absolutely marginal difference
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-01-25 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    legendary "ability" is the same, so its only stats that MARGINALY increase, for alts that is pretty useless increase (unless you want to run peak content on your alt too in which case its basicaly another main and you SHOULD put in the work to be competitive)

- - - Updated - - -

same content, different aesthetics, so pointless on alts (apart from "feature" building as i mentioned before)

- - - Updated - - -

you will not get 226 conduit from maw unless ALL your conduits are 213 or higher
    + its random low level conduit, not even spec based, so hunting your best conduit in specific place where it drops is still MUCH MUCH better

- - - Updated - - -

if you want all your chars minmaxed and runing M+20 or mythic raid fine, but you shouldnt get it without work, for alts (that are usualy a pastime if you dont want to play main atm) ppl generaly run "lower" content, for which minmaxing makes absolutely marginal difference

225 vs 190 chest/head is not a marginal increase. Its huge and comes with your desired bis stats. If you took wrist then you might not care as much.

Alright assume you skip maw conduit grind, you still need to get your conduits and its still rng. So you gotta grind all conduits for a chance to have a daily/bounty pop up with your desired one. Me ignoring this was rather lenient towards your argument and doesnt support your stance that there is no conduit grind. Counting it makes the whole ordeal just longer.

Should/Shouldnt is just personal opinion. Personally i should get all classes maxed and just play for parse ranking. Factually its more work now than previous xpacs. You cant say its alt friendly when it cant stand up to itself. That reminds me of good old mop - challenge mode didnt even care about ilvl. Just had to play well which made it easy to finnish it with multiple alts.

Alright assume you skip maw conduit grind, you still need to get your conduits and its still rng.
    no its not, they drop in certain place you have to go there and be "lucky" with drop like with gear, it just have higher chance to drop...

Should/Shouldnt is just personal opinion. Personally i should get all classes maxed and just play for parse ranking.
    then you are not interested in alts but in playing multiple characters as main, and still you SHOULDNT get them on the same level without putting the same amount of work, thats literaly the point of the RPG to improve your character, take that away and you might as well go play moba or whatever
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-01-25 at 10:31 AM.